[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LN threads on /a/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 4

File: 000.jpg (346KB, 1135x1600px) Image search: [Google]
000.jpg
346KB, 1135x1600px
Why can't we have LN threads on /a/?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (179KB, 1172x621px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
179KB, 1172x621px
I believe there's a hole in the current rules.

/jp/ is the place for LNs with no anime, but there is no place for LNs with anime.

And /jp/ is also actively hostile to discussing translated LNs.

I think the best thing to do would be to either extend the "Live Action" rule on /a/ to include LNs as well, or to just allow translated LNs on /a/.
>>
>>337822
The rules are fine. There's just a mod who doesn't know what he's doing. Give it a couple of days and he'll either wisen up or be fired.
>>
>>>/jp/14337967
And now the entire thread is gone. What a joke.
>>
>>337829
>Inb4 this thread gets archived straight from the front page too
>>
we dindu nuffin'
>>
>>337827
He's been doing that for months already.
>>
>>337801
Keep your fanfic shit for retards out of /a/
>>
>>337829
What if it was a /jp/ janitor/mod who deleted the thread from /jp/ in defiance of /a/ mod?
>>
>>337836
>gratis
sugoi otogibanashi onii-chan
>>
>>337822
>And /jp/ is also actively hostile to discussing translated LNs.
This is mostly a single complete fuckwit obsessed with trying to make /jp/ a Japanese-only board. Don't let him presence factor into your decision-making.

>>337829
That just makes me laugh.
>>
>>337801
Just change /a/ to Anime, Manga and Ranobe or something.
>>
>>337822
They should just generally allow them like that screenshot from 2012 of yours says.
A lot of people talk about them, and most of the LNs being talked about in these threads get adapted to an anime or manga anyway.
Also, anime only people dislike LN disucssions in the threads, these discussions could happen in one of the LN threads then.
With the way the current mod is going at it now, someone who creates a "Heavy Object LN" topic is probably going the get it deleted.
>>
>>337840
See the VN threads. Translated things go to /vg/. LNs should be divided just the same, translated shit goes to /a/ untranslated goes to /jp/. It works fine for VNs I don't see why it wouldn't work for LNs.
>>
>>337844
>See the VN threads. Translated things go to /vg/.
Discussion of translated VNs is allowed in both /vg/ and /jp/ despite what a few fuckwits intent on devouring /jp/'s young say.

>It works fine for VNs I don't see why it wouldn't work for LNs.
You know as well as I do why it won't work, /jp/'s untranslated LN threads end up deader than Melty every time.
>>
>>337801
Because "What are you reading" LN generals are not anime & manga. It's a yet another off-topic general wasting thread space.
>>
>>337847
If they wind up dead that just means no one reads them.
>>
>>337849
People do read them, but not enough people are reading the same shit at the same time to carry a discussion.

It actually is kind of like the Melty problem.
>>
>>337848
>wasting thread space
Just look at the damn catalog.
>Is Kirito cute?
>Some shitty picture of Saber sleeping and the thread text being only "".
Etc.
This is no waste of thread space?

At least LN threads have some discussion of currently translated LNs, with and without a current ongoing translation.
>>
>>337852
>with and without a current ongoing translation.
I mean adaption.
>>
I don't see why not. People talk about the LNs all the time in LN based shows. As long as they follow the rule about new generals, it should be fine. People who don't want to see them can just filter them out.
>>
>>337852
>At least LN threads
It doesn't matter, there's an entire board for weeb things which aren't anime & manga, it's called /jp/.
>>
Okay assholes this is what you do.

You make a thread for an LN that has a manga, like Shield Hero or Mushoku Tensei, to discuss the manga. You go to that thread. And then, because the manga are well behind the novels, you just discuss the novel anyway. Then you discuss other novels too. You'll probably get deleted for off topic discussion anyway, but it'll take longer.
>>
>>337856
>which aren't anime & manga
Explain djt and buyfag threads
>>
>DJT with absolutely nothing to do with anime/manga is allowed
>buyfag threads which are essentially figure threads that belong to /toy/ allowed
>LNs not allowed
Uhh...dotards?
>>
>>337859
DJT was specifically placed in /a/; I remember seeing a modpost about that. Shame moe's gone though.
>>
>>337859
/jp/ was actually made to contain figure threads.

/toy/ mostly does articulated figures.
>>
>>337858
Typical shitter argument: if others can do it, then I can do it too.
Well, if DJT is allowed, then why can't I have Touhou generals on /a/, or JRPG generals? Or VN generals?
>>
>>337829
>mod gets so upset at anonymous users on the internet he deletes the whole thread
4chan is a safe space
>>
>>337876
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXQkXXBqj_U
>>
Do mod even read this thread?
>>
>>338234
No. I saw your threads in ghost by the way, had a laugh
>>
Did they finally decide to ban YuYuYu general?
>>
I wish they would get rid of the actual 24/7 generals instead of targeting the small fry. The mods are obviously discontent with the situation but they couldn't even come close to handling the SnK autism. Maybe if other people spent some effort in trying to get rid of the offending generals, threads like these wouldn't be 'cluttering board space' and 'because this other thread exists' wouldn't be a valid argument which is just an inane response (that's just asking to be deleted).
>>
>>338514
Generals need to be actually against the rules
>>
Were LNs even as popular back when moot gave /a/ its current name? It should be obvious to everyone that they're pretty much as popular as manga now, and as such there should be something in the rules saying they should go on /a/. Renaming /a/ to "Anime, Manga and Light Novels" would be silly.
Someone remember to bring this up next time bunnyman miraculously shows up.
>>
>>338828
>Were LNs even as popular back when moot gave /a/ its current name?
No, Haruhi is what caused the major popularity in them

>It should be obvious to everyone that they're pretty much as popular as manga now
They aren't, but their popularity is rising very fast with each season, as every season has some show that normally grabs a bunch of new people. Last season was Overlord
>>
>>338828
/a/ - L[AM]N

Light [Anime and Manga] Novels
>>
>>338828
>Renaming /a/ to "Anime, Manga and Light Novels" would be silly.
Why would it be? ACG has been renamed to ACGN
>>
>>338855
And it should be addressed by allowing LNs on /a/.
>>
I heard Hiro already made some change to /a/ that "fixed" it.

What was the change?
>>
>>339563
We can post nipples now
>>
>>339564
But it's still a blue board? I don't understand, where in the rules is this change mentioned.
>>
>>339570
A sticky was made and left up for a few weeks.
http://desustorage.org/a/thread/132521198/#132521198
>>
>>339570
It was pretty much always allowed so a rule change isn't really necessary. Some manga and anime have nudity and we are allowed to discuss it as long as we don't put it in the OP and spoiler it when it gets to racy. Note that this does not apply to actual hentai
>>
>>339570
There was no change. It was just a mod going rouge trying to decide what should be allowed. The unwritten rule was just yet again clarified by the people in charge, yet again
>>
>>339972
>sticky gone
That mod's coming back, I can feel it.
>>
>>337801

Because they're not anime or manga. If the LN has an anime or manga then it's fair game, but LN only threads should not be allowed. If you hate that so much, beg to change the rules. Otherwise >>>/jp/.
>>
>>341055
>If you hate that so much, beg to change the rules.
That's exactly what we're doing you nonce.
>>
>>341062

OP just asked for a reason and I gave him one.
>>
>>341055
If discussion about then doesn't deserve to go on /a/, why do so many new shows about them get made every season? They're about as popular as manga (if not even more), I see no reason for them to be banned from /a/ like this. The issue here is most likely that some new mod saw the rules mentioning how discussion about them is allowed on /jp/ and believed that was it and there could never be any exceptions.
Hell, I don't even read LNs and yet I don't see the harm in letting them be discussed on /a/. If threads about them become somehow so numerous that they end up being a problem, then that can be dealt with in the future.
>>
>>341413
Threads about manga are numerous too and they don't pose a problem. At the very least I doubt LNs can pose any more of a problem than manga can.
>>
>Why can't we have threads about [not anime or manga] in the anime and manga board?
>>
So how do you get hiro to actually change the rules? I think it's pretty obvious of /a/ wouldn't mind LN threads on /a/.
>>
>>341441
Just ask him the next time he comes on /a/.
>>
>>341440
DJT and buyfag threads BTFO
>>
>>341055
/m/ is also fine with it if it's a sci-fi LN.
>>
>>>/a/133463947
>>>/jp/14347937
It just keeps happening.
>>
>>341945
That wasn't even off topic. The LNs they were discussing were Yahari and Saekano for fucks sake. As a /jp/ user, I am aware that most of our threads are a thousand variation of "which 2hu wud u fuk" as well a few generals and that our board is slower than most boards, but that doesn't mean a mod can just throw away his unwanted thread to another board just because he feels like it.
>>
>>341981
>but that doesn't mean a mod can just throw away his unwanted thread to another board just because he feels like it.
It seems more like he's trying to revive semi-dead boards. He tries to redirect people to things like /e/ and /c/ regularly as well. He's also deleting all posts once he moves it that shows even slight disagreement. Fucking pathetic faggot
>>
>>341997
Sounds like something reddit mods do. I would know because I go there occasionally like everyone else.
>>
>>342004
> because I go there occasionally like everyone else.
Stop projecting faggot
>>
>>338828
He's in Paris right now, so put it on his docket.

>>342422
>>
>>342006
He's right though.
>>
>>342660
Not him, but I still haven't figured out how to navigate reddit.
>>
>>342004
>>342660
>>342940
If use reddit, you should just stay there. We don't want "people" like you here.
>>
>>342954
I only go there whenever someone links it from 4chan for laughs though. It's a bit annoying not being able to see what was posted on reddit that was laughable enough to warrant linking to 4chan, but it's not something worth losing sleep over.
>>
>>342956
linking from 4chan*
>>
File: 1436034351348.jpg (53KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1436034351348.jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
>>341413
This
>>
File: 1407451962661.jpg (122KB, 403x400px) Image search: [Google]
1407451962661.jpg
122KB, 403x400px
The status quo is fine, popular LNs with anime adaptation (e.g. raildex) go on /a/, while /jp/ does its own thing.
You /qa/ retards need to realize that /a/ and /jp/ are very different and separate entities. You don't rigidly impose "ONLY ANIME ON /a/, ALL LNs TO /jp/" bullshit, because pretty much no one actually wants that (hence the shitstorm when the newfag mod tried pulling that shit about a month ago). Stop trying to fix what isn't broken.

>>341055
Fuck off dipshit
>>
>>343066
>Stop trying to fix what isn't broken.
The one doing that is the mod. LN threads have been allowed and mod approved for awhile and then this mod decided out of nowhere they are a nogo because they rules say they aren't. He needs another fucking beating by Bunny
>>
>>343066
Except that's exactly what this faggot newfag reddit mod is doing.
>>
>>342640
>being at paris at this time
Oh my sides!
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.