[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/his/ should be just 'history' and /lit/ should be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: 1445950540819.jpg (48KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
1445950540819.jpg
48KB, 600x300px
The reason being is that an interest in philosophy naturally follows from an interest in literature and the posters on /lit/ are far more likely to be informed about philosophy than the posters on /his/. Philosophy is ingrained into literature and it has been a part of the board's culture since its inception. Creating this divide is only going to turn many posters away from both boards.

t. 99% of /lit/
>>
Also y'know what? /lit/ was the de facto humanities board before the creation of /his/ anyway. I used to see sociology and psychology threads there from time to time.
>>
Excising "the humanities" from /lit/ sterilizes the board.
>>
>>320546
This actually makes sense
>>
>>320571
Can't have anyboard but /a/ determine their own board content.
FUCK OFF NIPPLEMOD
>>
>>320589
???
>>320546
Either this or both boards get the '& humanities' thing to shut everyone up.
>>
File: 1446373469591.jpg (219KB, 1273x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1446373469591.jpg
219KB, 1273x1024px
>>320594
I like this solution

I have wanted an art board for the longest fucking time. Like, general art, performance, art history, that sort of deal. I am now closer to that than ever before, because /lit/ doesn't exactly have fucking threads about paintings, movements of art, or anything of the sort. It might work there occasionally, but for the majority, it has far too narrow a definition of "Humanities."

Let there be an overlap, or make a third board. History has already hit more of the humanities, if not as the main or even focus of the board, but it's done better so far.
>>
>>320546
>

No. You're not representative of /lit/, fuck off.
>>
>>320631
No, he's speaking for the people who have expressed similar sentiments in the many threads on /lit/ (and two or so on /qa/) complaining about /his/ or rather those who spam >>>/his/ and get people to think philosophy isn't allowed on the board anymore. The overwhelming opinion even among all that spam is that people don't want /lit/ to change. It shouldn't.
>>
>>320635
The overwhelming sentiment was that people wanted humanities shitposters to go away. Now that they're happy, you won't hear them. Feel free to focus your attention on the cries of your fellow religion/philosophy spammers instead, but what mods and janitors are going to listen to is the number of reports gathered by your threads.
>>
>>320647
The people that asked for /his/ didn't want religion/philosophy spam on it either. /pol/ is still having constant religion threads. Everything shouldn't have been dumped on one board.
>>
Frankly I'd rather see /his/ more focused than /lit/. /lit/ is acting as if it has had a leg cut off, and /his/ is talking about things /lit/ barely even touched.
>>
Support this thread. History and Humanities can never replace an already established community in lit, except by degrading it.
>>
>>320688
Like what? The /his/ board is full of /Leftypol/ cancer and I really did not see any proper discussion apart from "Hurr durr >>>/pol/"
>>
>>320546
>Creating this divide
There is no divide. If philosophy was allowed on /lit/ before instead of being directed to /b/, then it is still allowed.
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 453x453px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 453x453px
>>320546

This pls
>>
no thanks.

a lot of people on /lit/ wanted to get rid of these pseudo intellectual fags making "high quality philosophy discussion threads" like this one >>>/lit/7315709

/his/ is fine it has the same quality philosophy threads that were on /lit/ Now /lit/ could talk about books if the janny did his job
>>
>>321599
>go on /his/ to find a philosophy thread
>99% of threads are /pol/ bait threads
>the one philosophy thread (>>>/his/thread/100855) is a utilitarian /pol/tard shitposting about how he thinks philosophy is useless despite not understanding his position is philosophical in itself.
The retards on /his/ are incapable of the same quality of philosophical discussion that was found on /lit/.
>>
>>322292
based hiro changed the sticky to say philosophical LITERATURE and religious LITERATURE are allowed on /lit/.

if you can't cite a text, you're out. philosophy discussion on /lit/ just got a whole lot more philosophy injected into it than it had before.
>>
File: philmajors.jpg (41KB, 430x538px) Image search: [Google]
philmajors.jpg
41KB, 430x538px
no one wants /phil/ on their board

kek
>>
>>320546
as a /his/ browser, I also support this. If I ever wanted to discuss the humanities, I would happily go to /lit/ to do so. Everyone wanted /his/ to be about pure history, not humanities. Literally nobody asked for this.
>>
>>321599
>pseudo intellectual
That's a common shitpost thread.
>>
>>326001
>Everyone wanted /his/ to be about pure history, not humanities.
Is that so?
I'll be sure to tell Hiro that next time I see him.
>>325044
s4sfig, I do. I do.
>>
>>326007
>Is that so?

Yes. When did you ever see someone ask for a humanities board? We've /pol/, /k/ and /lit/ all begging for /his/ - history for years.
>>
>>325044
Yeah fuck Phil that guy's a cunt
>>
>>326010
Hmmm. I remember some people asking for a /phil/, less for a /rel/, even less for a board related to the appreciation of classical art or something, etc. Hiro, or a mod, must've thought that it would appease all those who asked to group it all together, what with History itself being part of the humanities, and so on. But, all those other humanities kinda had a home on /lit/ anyway, even if it was kinda awkward. Hem hem.

I think /lit/ tried saying something similar to Hiro last time he was on /lit/ but we were all focused on being angry that people (or were probably (or most definitely) shitposting/trolling, in shouting '>>/his') were trying to move /phil/ per se off of /lit/ and over to /his/, and so it got drowned out. But if I see him again I'll be sure to tell him about this.
>>
>>326010
>When did you ever see someone ask for a humanities board?
every time moot asked for board suggestions and pretty much every day on /q/.
>>
What's the problem? Are humanities related threads getting deleted from /lit/ or are you just mad /his/ has it in the title?
>>
>>326091
yes
>>
>>320594
>???
He's probably refering to Toonami threads and other things exiled from /a/
>>
>>320546
/his/ is the history and humanities board.

/lit/ should be literature. Stop trying to invade is again you /Phil/ faggots
>>
>>326172
>>>/his/
>>
>>320546
But where should we discuss pure ideology?
>>
>>326330
/lit/, /his/ and /pol/. mostly /lit/.
>>
>>326330
/fit/.
>>
>>326333
>/phil/ on /lit/

Not /lit/erature, not /lit/
>>
>>326412
I'm not sure if you've noticed the catalog lately, but it's back, and in full force.
>>
>>326440
Because they're butthurt that Hiro said they weren't allowed. Check the sticky.
>>
>>326450
I was in the thread Hiro was in.
If you're so concerned that /phil/ is taking up too much space, report and/or spam.
>>
File: Sad Llama.gif (455KB, 178x195px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Llama.gif
455KB, 178x195px
>>320546
That's going to be me in 30 years.
>>
>>326481
If you become as well-known as the 'philosopher' Zizek, you'll get audience pussy like nobody's business.
>>
>>320546
Hiroyuki has said that philosophy is allowed on both /lit/ and /his/. I see no problem
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.