[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please tell me how banning pictures of cartoon ponies isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1493721776746.gif (2MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
1493721776746.gif
2MB, 460x259px
Please tell me how banning pictures of cartoon ponies isn't fucking absurd.
>>
based facebook face
>>
I think it used to not be absurd but nowadays that the whole thing has blown over it is a bit absurd.
>>
baste frogteen going full 2016
>>
The more I see weebs fapping to loli threads on /qa/ I think the horsefuckers aren't that bad in comparison.
>>
>>1582016
it's simple really.to begin with anybody who posts cartoon ponies isn't somebody you want to even talk with or read what they say. it's a method to ban users who are undesirable.
>>
In 2010-11 pony spam severely fucked with /b/ and /v/ and brought an immense amount of hate down on /co/ that made it difficult to use. Not to mention it's pretty much furry once people are fapping to them and that clearly was going on pretty much since the start of the fandom.

They're actually very lucky moot didn't permanent that show off the site instead. The whole thing would have just died off years ago if they weren't graced with a private board/jail cell. Thing is, they have not really done anything showing they should be released as literally their entire board is fanfic generals, something just fucking abominable and heinous by any other board standards. Clearly bronies just don't have standards, not even saying this to be mean or joking but it is just plain fucking fact compared to any similar subject board. What were they gonna do if allowed out, start posting that shit on /co/? It would get deleted and they would get mad and just go back to /mlp/ and nothing would change.

April fool's also showed that they really should not be let out of their cage because they are mote than ever raving desperate for attention trying to prop up their dying fandom with any fresh blood possible, and they would immediately resume being incredibly annoying shilling the show nonstop.
>>
>>1582016
So what if it is absurd? The rules don't have to be fair or sensible. The use of 4chan is a privilege not a right etc.
>>
File: 18.jpg (172KB, 516x480px) Image search: [Google]
18.jpg
172KB, 516x480px
Isn't the most absurd thing here... life itself?
>>
>>1582016
It seems crazy on the surface, but the pony pictures are't the problem so much as the people and kinds of posts they attract. On 4chan, My little Pony images are instantly and inescapably recognized as an excuse to shitpost. The users are the problem, not the picture. Unfortunately, if a picture is immediately followed by shitposting literally every time, it needs to be banned because the userbase has shown it is not capable of discussing it responsibly. This is what moderation is, even if it's unfair to a few people.
>>
>>1582087
Why do people even think moderation has to be fair? I understand that becoming authoritarian attracts the /int*/ nanotech lejun types... but you can't sacrifice quality in fear of upsetting a few people.
>>
>>1582075
Of by life you mean man's desire to find meaning in a meaningless universe then I'd say yes.
>>
>>1582091
Pretty much. Moderation is about the whole, not the few kids that get off to posting things that are sensibly interpreted as garbage. The worst people think pointlessly shitting on a series or character counts as legitimate discussion. The website is for adults, so it's not unfair to be treated like one by moderation.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.