[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trolling aside, the truth is that in Windows you can get started

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: nanami.jpg (653KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
nanami.jpg
653KB, 1440x900px
Trolling aside, the truth is that in Windows you can get started right away. All your programs are in the start menu. You press the windows logo on your keyboard, type some program and hit enter. You open an icon from your desktop and it opens in the associated editor/viewer. You can open the explorer and browse your files. You can open the configuration panel and change your settings; delete software, change hardware drivers et cetera.

In Linux, you don't have all that. You have a terminal which is very daunting, inexpressive and it has a steep learning curve; even advanced Linux users don't know half the commands of their system! You don't have a fluent understanding of the directory structure. You don't know when your kernel will panic or which packages/dependencies you are missing. It's just a very uncertain system which needs a LOT of configuring and getting used to before you can do day-to-day tasks like browsing the internet or word processing.

I choose Windows as my main operating system which means I don't have to remember commands or in which directory (/etc? /mnt?) stuff goes. I install programs with installers directly accessible from the internet and they do all the work for me. I don't have to run a few commands and have to Google what software has which package name.

I am stable, fast yet advanced, innovative and highly configurable. I'm a Windows user.
>>
tl;dr if I'm being honest but I use Windows because of visual novels. /r/ing that futaba screencap
>>
It's another weebs circlejerk
>>
>>1578043
I play the botnet card!
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.