[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>all of the data lost because 4chan archivists were irresponsible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: .jpg (47KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
47KB, 800x680px
>all of the data lost because 4chan archivists were irresponsible or just didn't care
It truly makes me sad.
>>
data more like gayta
>>
File: 1504510294160.jpg (32KB, 337x378px) Image search: [Google]
1504510294160.jpg
32KB, 337x378px
>>1570111
If you have no life at all outside of hanging out on a discussion board about ching chong chinese cartoon funnies, then I suppose you have a point. But not really. Go do something else for awhile and then come back. And when you do, limit it to about 10 or 15 minutes once or twice a week.
>>
I still lament the loss of data when archived.moe was having problems mid 2015. A lot of the that stuff would be extremely nice to have
>>
Archive admin. What data are you talking about?
>>
File: file.png (23KB, 1234x287px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
23KB, 1234x287px
>>1570246
I'm mostly talking about the older archives. Some of the first.
There were a few recent incidents but those were fairly minor. There is even a bit of redundancy with the current archives. Hopefully people keep backups too.
Here, I'm not sure how comprehensive this list is:
http://www.archiveteam.org/index.php?title=4chan
>>
>>1570254
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>1570254
wew
>>
Time ends all things.
>>
The worst is when you see a thumbnail for some scantily used OC involving a scene you were once involved with that parted ways years ago, in which that image never caught on and you want to see it anyways but the file is lost.

That thumbnail of a ghost remains just to taunt us.
>>
>>1570245
The worse is that I asked them for a dump a few months before they lost everything.
>>
File: 1504362062510.png (117KB, 379x342px) Image search: [Google]
1504362062510.png
117KB, 379x342px
>>1571122
Move on, you emotional cripple.
>>
>>1570111
Why exactly do you want an immortal archive of everything ever posted on an anonymous imageboard? I'm glad archives get BTFO constantly, it means that there's less opportunity for data mining of this site's users and posts. With multiple, high-quality archives it becomes very easy to establish a user's identity across posts using a combination of image names and stylometry, essentially deanonymizing you.

Plus, without archives, everything that 404s is lost to the void. It gives a nice obscurity to imageboard culture that you don't get with anything else.
>>
I've been on 4chan since 2005 and there's no reason to perfectly remember/archive everything. It was fun and some memes have died, but reading and maintaining archives is like a form of OCD. It's like wanting video recordings of every time you went out with your friends.

Think about it this way: it's up to you to repost things. You probably have some images and copypasta on your hard drive that you can dump in a thread.
>>
>>1572361
dumb frogposter
>>
>>1572418
>>1572400
I understand
>muh ephemerality
But it's still nice to have and it is 4chan history.
It would preserve "culture" better, even newfags could learn what it was like.

If we had perfect archives, it would stop a lot of the bickering and complaining people do.
>we never did x!
>x was never good!
>why can't it be more like [some time in the past]
It would be funny to point them to a thread that completely contradicts what they say.
Not to mention it's just fun to read the archives.
inb4 mean replies
>it's fun?? haha dork
pls no bulli ;-;
>>
>>1573612
it's fun?? haha dork
>>
>>1570254

Fuck, the burning of the library of Alexandria is nothing to this.
>>
>>1574607
Yeah, that's the one. I think that makes it worse.
It wasn't just 500GB of random garbage.
People specifically chose those threads and voted them into the archive.
Tragic.
>>
>>1574733
Because having people spam threads with 'ARCHIVE DIS SHIT XD" was pretty fucking annoying.
>>
there is nothing worth archiving here.
>>
>>1570111
>Not saving the threads yourself as pdf documents
You only have yoruself to blame.
>>
>>1570111
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.