[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All things being equal (including popularity, userbase, and board

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1479366704974.gif (41KB, 400x228px) Image search: [Google]
1479366704974.gif
41KB, 400x228px
All things being equal (including popularity, userbase, and board topics)
Would you prefer to use imageboards or textboards?
>>
>>1569178
I like imageboards. Pictures can help set a good mood, or get an idea across a little better.
>>
>>1569181
Image links can still be posted on textboards, they just don't get embedded.
But I'm wondering if spamming certain images leads to more butthurt and metaposting than could ever be achieved by spamming text.
>>
Imageboards. Virtually anything you can do on a textboard you can do on an imageboard and then some. It's a far more expressive and powerful medium.
>>
>>1569185
>I'm wondering if spamming certain images leads to more butthurt and metaposting than could ever be achieved by spamming text.
This violates your question's conditional.
If, aside from the images themselves, textboards and imageboards were equal, there would be no reason not to choose imageboards.
>>
I've never used a text board before. I am fine with chatting in text only, I've done it many times, but on 4chan I don't think so. Maybe if there was like a /trash/ since I doubt animefags can talk sex without imagery, and an explicit furry board would have no subtlety.

If it's not sex talk I'm not interested, I deleted my 4chan folder four years ago anyway and never post attach imagery to posts anymore.
>>
>>1569190
Well it's not really possible to have identical text. Unless you've ever opened up a textboard and saw people commenting on non-existent images.
So I guess just considering the same quantity of users, board topics, and level of popularity of the site. But threads and posts would have to be different.
>>
>>1569185
>But I'm wondering if spamming certain images leads to more butthurt and metaposting than could ever be achieved by spamming text.
I can tell you that retarded text bothers me just as much as images do.
>>
>>1569196
As you said yourself, the textboard would have links to images hosted offsite. So yes that would be possible.
>>
>>1569193
>since I doubt animefags can talk sex without imagery
You would think so, but 2ch has like 10 anime boards.
>>
File: whynotboth.jpg (30KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
whynotboth.jpg
30KB, 480x270px
>>
>>1569194
This
>>
>>1569202
Threw away a few drafts of responses to this, but the problem I expect is in the nature of writing. Nothing of a story exists to a reader unless read, so with only a template of a human, the typical subtlety of "X character a cute!" is lost. Nothing that sets them apart is there for consideration unless you're more explicit than is standard for imageboard, or you link imagery. Where at least compared to retarded furfags you have special snowflake stuff they always consider. But to avoid getting too deep in narcissism you make the board topic broad. blog post end
>>
>>1569194
>One of the draws of the textboard is filtering out kids with short attention spans
You can't really filter them out without banning them on 4chan. The place needs higher standards.
>>
>>1569219
lol
>>
Textboards.
>>
>>1571391
That's because new users usually looking for a picture to post with their text. They are hooked on the novelties of imageboards, and take time to realize it isn't needed, and even longer to realize that sometimes posting a picture does the opposite of helping.
>>
I missed the stealth bump that just happened.

That's kind of depressing.
>>
textboards so that I don't have to see posts made by this guy >>1569186
>>
>>1572546
>and ban ascii art
good thing I'll still have my sjis art!
>>
>>1574684
I guess you've never seen the sjis art on /jp/, /vip/ or the now removed /vip/, /lounge/, /prog/ or /sjis/?
>>
>>1569178
For practical reasons i would choose an imageboard, if people wish to they can still post their stuff without pics thus making the imageboard a voluntary textboard.
>>
>>1576191
It's a Q&A thread, what do you expect?
>>
No images = no one line of greentext + smug face replies, no newfriends trying and failing to fit in by spamming cancerous reaction images
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.