[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everyone immediately assume this? Why can't I just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (17KB, 287x62px)
file.png
17KB, 287x62px
Why does everyone immediately assume this? Why can't I just talk about the site with other anons? They're not going to listen to me regardless, so why bother?
Also Hiro actually reads it when it's about things he cares (aka that give him money)
>>
You can.
>>
>>1568853
A lot of people will hold their opinions in extremely high regard whether they are backed up by hard facts or not. Hiro does come here, but the fact that he rarely posts publicly makes people think he doesn't come here. It's true that /qa/ isn't a great way to contact the mods, but that message is pretty arrogant coming from someone that isn't official 4chan staff. You are right about people just wanting to talk about 4chan, they are right about /qa/ not being a great way to contact mods, but in the end their message comes across as trying to keep meta discussion off of /qa/, and that makes it a bad message.
>>
you're allowed to ask questions, but don't expect any answers
>>
>>1568853
>Why can't I just talk about the site with other anons?
>>>1568855
>their message comes across as trying to keep meta discussion off of /qa/
That's just what you're reading into it. The message is very clear: "/qa/ is NOT an effective way to contact the mods."
>>
>>1568866
True or not, the fact that someone who is not part of the official 4chan staff made that message comes across as pretentious.
>>
>>1568904
this
>>
>>1568904
Pretentious how?
>True or not
It is true, and that's why the message was added in the first place.
>>
>>1568929
Your understanding of the English language makes you a pain to talk to. Eastern European, I presume?
>>
>>1568931
Way to avoid the question.
>>
>>1568936
"Attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed."

The message is, by definition, pretentious.
>>
It's a misleading statement because there is no good way to talk to mods at all. The message implies there is a good way that is not /qa/ but there isn't. We all know feedback goes straight to the trash and IRC is only marginally effective at best if you're not a total newfag who can't figure out IRC. They are equally likely to kick you out of the channel anyway than listen to what you're saying.
>>
>>1568969
What's even the point of the irc channel? It seems to me to just be a copy of /j/ with jannies kissing mod butt and telling non-jannies why their plights don't matter.
>>
>>1568853
Don't be bothered by it, it's just retards assuming you are using the board to file a report.
>>
>>1568940
How is it trying to impress anyone?
>>
>>1568853
How can I see this message?
>>
>>1570286
4chan X
>>
>>1570235
You don't need a janitor account to access it.
>>
There are only two kinds of people who are obviously better off on IRC than in /qa/: people who are attempting to legitimately appeal a truly unjustified personal ban, and people attempting to inform the mods of factual mistakes. If you are unhappy about a 4chan POLICY it's entirely possible that going to IRC will just get you banned from the channel and used as the target of public ridicule. Feedback is a good suggestion to leave around but it's also not obviously better than /qa/ because nobody has any evidence, even circumstantial, that it has ever led to a change. Posting in /qa/ is also virtually useless but there are tantalizing suggestions that its success rate has been non-zero, and at least you have an audience.

As for suggestions being "welcome", I imagine the mods welcome most 4chan suggestions the way they welcome root canals. Maybe it's not true. Maybe they really love to read all the insightful suggestions that well-meaning anons come up with. I doubt it. The image maker and the maintainer certainly wouldn't know which is true, and the image and these preemptive redirects are dumb.
>>
>>1570294
Did he say that? If you can't even understand simple english, you shouldn't be telling others what to do.
>>
>>1570306
Did he tell someone else what to do? If you can't even understand simple english, you shouldn't be telling others what to do.

The premise of the original post he responded to was stupid anyway, because janitors who talk to users get fired.
>>
>>1570313
>Did he tell someone else what to do?
>go to IRC instead of /qa/
>>
>>1570318
who quot
>>
>>1570321
You and the guy the thread is about
>>
>>1570284
"3. fix an idea in (someone's mind.)"
If you don't know what a word means, you need to look it up.
>>
It's great that you're trying so hard to convince people of something... But everyone already knows that you're trying to abuse the fact that people here listen to suggestions and satisfy your power/control fantasies
>>
>>1570513
Why would I look it up when I can just make a random assumption that makes me look like the dumbass I am?
>>
So is someone actually claiming that /qa/ is an effective way of contacting the mods?
>>
>>1570545
no but some people want it to be so they can use it to perpetuate their 8gag-tier outrage culture
>>
>>1570549
What does that even mean?
>>
>>1570551
Learn more english ESL
>>
>>1570556
Sure, I'm absolutely certain most native english speakers know what does 8gag-tier outrage culture mean.
>>
Learn the definitions before discussion. Lurk more if you don't
>>
it's self-explanatory
>>
File: I Was Bored.png (115KB, 710x1151px) Image search: [Google]
I Was Bored.png
115KB, 710x1151px
>>1570562
Tell that to the mods.
>>
>>1570571
Mods aren't required to do anything the users have a duty to do.
If you wish to discuss something then do not assume you're going to be spoonfed.
>>
>>1570579
The point I'm trying to make is that the mods don't know what "moderation" is, and are horribly suited to their jobs.
>>
>>1570597
That's great Mr. Chuck Watkins. Maybe you could offer to buy 4chan from Hiro then and fix all the easy and simple community issues this site has.
>>
>>1570603
You aren't disproving what I said.
>>
>>1570606
I'm not interested in your point. I'm calling you pretentious and a narcissist.
>>
>>1570235
>What's even the point of the irc channel?
It's how you get your bans removed, duh.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.