[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are you some of the laziest, dimmest, and most uncaring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

File: santa-rosa-fence-post.jpg (37KB, 600x414px) Image search: [Google]
santa-rosa-fence-post.jpg
37KB, 600x414px
Why are you some of the laziest, dimmest, and most uncaring people around?
>>
>>1566854
Were you talking to anyone in particular or just anyone who reads your post?
>>
>>1566862
The people on /qa/ that want to make a mess of things because they're steeped in teenage drama and angst.
>>
>most uncaring
> they're steeped in teenage drama and angst
>>
>>1566873
I guess what I meant is that they don't care about what actually matters. Petty arguments over nothing and defenses of false world views. What they stuck up their ass 3 days ago and how they felt about it matters more to them than anything that could teach them anything about the rest of the world. "Who cares about what you or anyone else thinks! It makes ME feel good, and the fact that you don't like it gives me more attention, so I'll like it even more because of that!" Always "me me me", and not about anyone or anything else at all. Not even concern for the future of the things they say they like. "Who cares if I ruin it, I'll just find something else to steamroll to get more attention from people no liking me." These people act like they will die in 10 minutes, so they try to do everything at once without concern for other people.
>>
>>1566881
>Always "me me me"
>Always "me me
>Always me me
>Always meme
>>
>>1566881
And really, some people do so much to make things worse, sometimes it's on purpose, and other times they think they're helping.
It's not funny, it's not creative, it's not helpful, it attracts morons, and it makes the people who are worth talking to, miserable.
>>
>>1566881
Are you expecting to transcend into the next stage of existence here or something?
>>
>>1566896
Nope. All I'm wanting is for the place to be somewhat reasonable (by current 4chan standards) by having barriers that will assist in keeping things nice.
>>
>>1566902
Everything would be better on /qa/ if Hiro made a separate 2D Random board
>>
>>1566910
More boards does not equal higher levels of long term happiness. I'd cut at least half a dozen boards, and revise rules on some others.
>>
>>1566881
So wait what actually matters then?
>>
>>1566887
What's wrong with that?

If something is exploitable then it's a weakness and exploiting it is actually sometimes the most kind thing you can do

Have you ever considered that maybe the best solution is not to keep teaching people that someone is always there watching to hold their hand and ban the big bad meanies? Or that "community" is an impervious thing that will always have your back and can never be subjugated and twisted?

and that maybe what we should really be teaching people is how to rise above it, rather than how to stop it? Because they can't stop it.

4chan isn't shit because people are exploiting things. 4chan is shit because the mentality of modern internet users is to think they can stop people from exploiting things.
It's not just the community either, development of discussion sites has been primarily focused on restricting the "bad things" rather than enabling and empowering the good.
So how can you blame the community for focusing on the bad when the site is literally developed by focusing on the bad? You add a feature to restrict users and what do you think they're going to do? They're going to TEST it by posting more shit. That's not a bad thing that's actually quite beautiful, it's human nature.
Maybe if they tried adding some new fun and exciting features to 4chan once in a while to actually empower people to do good things correctly without worrying too much about its abuse or the naysayers then people would spend more time testing those things instead.

It's the same with conversation too. There's always a natural balance, half the people want to talk to you seriously and the other half want to fuck with you.
When we spend all our time talking about things we don't like we get 50% replies by people who like what we don't like and the other 50% from people who want to fuck with us for not liking it.

Solution? Stay positive. Don't tell people what you don't like, just move on.
>>
>>1566955
Just leave.
>>
>>1566955
>Maybe if they tried adding some new fun and exciting features to 4chan once in a while to actually empower people to do good things correctly without worrying too much about its abuse
I thought the same thing yesterday while reading this old mootpost:
https://rbt.asia/g/thread/41781079/#41788493
>>Have you considered allowing to post more than one picture at the time? It works pretty well on Kraut...
>We considered it, but the thought of avatarspammers getting a X-for-1 deal is a tough pill to swallow.
>>
File: here-forever-konata.jpg (177KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
here-forever-konata.jpg
177KB, 1600x1200px
>>1566972
>>
>>1566955
Good post.
>>
>>1566902
The barriers are working fine. I don't think you understand how bad things were in late 2016 and early 2017, much less April-May.
>>
>>1567004
>I don't think you understand how bad things were in late 2016 and early 2017
I've been a regular on /qa/ since moot left. I'm saying that the board can and should be better than it is right now. So should the rest of 4chan. Oh, and Mr. Shitpost-Apologist a few posts above has been here for a long time spreading their warped views, making me believe he's an insane mod or a career ban evader.
>>
>>1567018
It's easy to believe that every post from a certain point of view you disagree with is made by one person huh?
>>
>>1567018
Well, try to make it better then! Complaining doesn't accomplish anything.
>>
>>1566854

Tell me why I should care about your post besides the mild fascination of looking at the sheep wool caught on the barbed wire and trying fruitlessly to get a timid farm animal's attention just to feed it a handful of grass it could get anywhere on the pasture

YOU CAN'T
>>
>>1567021
No, the fact that they write long posts exactly the same way that the guy did a long time back. Maybe I'm wrong, but I remember someone very similar posting equally apologetic posts in defense of shitposting of another kind.

>>1567024
Complaining, or criticizing?

>>1567025
You sure look like you were strongly compelled to reply.
>>
>>1566986
I miss having an admin.
>>
>>1567030

My webcam's unplugged you silly bugger
>>
>>1566955
How about we remove captcha and the catalog and the autonoko instead, and make 4chan an imageboard again
>>
>>1567018
>regular on /qa/ since moot left

The best thing about current /qa/ is that the opinion of neophytes such as yourself are just as worthless an anybody elses.

OH WAIT THAT'S ANONYOUS PARTICIPATION IN GENERAL HAHA
>>
>>1567035
Extensions will just become more popular, and part of every "How to 4chan" guide. This website has gotten to the point where the removal of simple features won't really change things. The bad reputation is there, the "4chan has crappy moderation" is there. How about doing something about it?
>>
>>1567030
>apologetic
>defense
Aren't these totally opposite things?

Also you're probably just misunderstanding that post. I don't know about others in the past. But that one is not coming from the whole "lol epic memes shitposting bro" mentality.

It's just a different way to accomplish the same goal. You probably think you can actually beat shitposters and stop people from ruining things and force everyone to post high quality, but you know people have been trying for who know show fucking long and things are just getting worse than ever.
Funny enough they're getting worse as big businesses are taking over discussion sites and finding more and more ways to try and force quality. People push back, it's inevitable and it leaks out to every other site in the process.

All I'm saying is maybe we were just better off before trying so hard. When things were simpler and "just ignore it" was actually a common phrase, even if it wasn't perfect.
I remember when I first came to 4chan and would arguing with people, it would be ME who got told to fuck off for arguing instead of just realizing the other guy was a faggot and just ignoring it. If most 4chan users today got transported back to 2006/7 it would be a total culture shock.
>>
>>1567025
>>1567030

You come to the perimiter fence because it's easy pickings, and you are feeling a mentalrectalrupture because you know that I know I'm indulging your shit because I also have nothing better to do.

And put your fucking capcode back on you cunt.
>>
>>1567018
>I'm saying that the board can and should be better than it is right now.
You must be the first person in thirteen years to ever have thought this. I await your groundbreaking suggestions for website improvement.
>>
>>1567045
>people have been trying for who know show fucking long and things are just getting worse than ever.
That's because nobody has any reason to try. Ever wonder why 4chan seems to be getting worse over time, especially in the past few years? There's more to this than "how". Who, what, when, where, and why new to be asked as well.

How did things come to this point?

When did the decline start to rapidly increase?

What could be done to reverse it? What kinds of people are at fault?

Who is responsible for how things are right now?

Where could we start improving things as a first step?

Why should we not do anything?

All of these are rhetorical questions. I don't want or need your answers here and now, or at all. Just think about them on your own time. There are many, many questions that nobody seems to want to answer, or ask themselves. Get down to the truth of things, and try to not come to a conclusion just because you like the sound of it. Always ask yourself more questions, second and third guess yourself. I want people to think beyond what sounds good to them.

>>1567058
There is no definitive answer, not from me or anyone here, because we don't know what things are like on the mod's side of the curtain. They're half the equation.
>>
>>1567064
>They're half the equation.
A generous estimate.
>>
>>1567070
I'm pretty sure they're more important to the quality of the website than you might guess.
>>
File: 1501368891262.png (723KB, 737x900px) Image search: [Google]
1501368891262.png
723KB, 737x900px
>>1566854
>laziest
I work my ass off every day in law school...
>>
>>1567083
Keep bringing up mundane things you'll soon become /qa/ satire.
>>
I want to understand the feelings of others. However, it is difficult. With age, many people disappear and those left have taken a different sometimes very distant path. How much, when viewed from outside, is constant, and how much is only a perspective? Are others deviant or am I irregular? (sad)
>>
>>1567089
>soon
>>
>>1567079
And I'm pretty sure they're less important than you guessed.
>>
File: 03_0.13.45.jpg (443KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
03_0.13.45.jpg
443KB, 1280x720px
>>1567096

~stop doing this.
>>
>>1566854
>>
>>1566955
To what end? We are nearing the breaking point, where forming an open community will be impossible. Everything will be gated, because we will have hit the limit of what it is possible to rise above, I don't want to live in that world, do you?
>>
>>1566881
Congratulations, you nailed just about everything that is wrong with modern /pol/ and /r9k/ in a single paragraph.
>>
>>1567045
You keep saying you want policies to go back. Do you realise how much has changed since then, in terms of the userbase's demographic, environment, behaviour, """culture""", &c? Do you think the same policies would work nowadays, considering the above differences?
>>
>>1568560
If you look at it from a broader point of view, you realize it speaks for most people on 4chan.
>>
File: 1465488756480.png (240KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1465488756480.png
240KB, 500x500px
>lazy
I don't know how you could tell that from our anonymous posts, but ok.

>dimmest
4chan has accomplished some pretty cool things working as a group, things that require coordination and sometimes pretty serious thinking. I think you're just unable to see past the persona 4chan and it's users put up.

>uncaring
We're anonymous, why would I care about you? Fuck you. Once again unable to see past the "4chan is an evil and mean place" meme.
>>
>>1568883
i think the post might've been directed to /qa/, not 4chan
but im not really sure
>>
>>1568883
It about not really caring for yourselves. The fact that you missed that makes you comparatively dim. Or you didn't put much thought into your answer making you lazy.
>>
>>1568896
/qa/ isn't part of 4chan so he must have been talking about /qa/ given he said 'you'.
>>
>>1566881
>WAAAAAAAHHH WAAAH WAAAAH nobody's discussing the things that MATTER to ME! people on anonymous imageboard only care and discuss what matters to them BAAAAWWWWWWW THINK OF THE WORLD OUTSIDE YOUR SCREEN
Who cares you crybaby, if you don't like it here you can. simply leave back to your discord soapbox.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.