[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So there are still generals on /a/. Did people actually think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: 1494701165056.jpg (77KB, 605x685px) Image search: [Google]
1494701165056.jpg
77KB, 605x685px
So there are still generals on /a/. Did people actually think mods were going to do anything?
>>
Mods keep killing my "Hopes and Dreams"
>>
But the thought that they one day might do the right thing fills me with DETERMINATION.
>>
>>1562060
>>1562073
They can't. Nothing can be done about generals until more pages are added.

Thinking you can cram everyone into a confined space and then magically make rules to force them to spread out at the same time is retarded.
Generals can barely stay alive as it is, how long do you think threads will last when each general is now multiplied by 3 non-generals of the same topic but yet with only 1/3rd of their population (if they're lucky)

and then of course the next day everyone will turn around and start crying the increased threads are taking up too much space and that having 3 threads of the same anime is "spam" and it's just a "meme anime" and ask for the mods to delete them which of course just brings you full circle back to generals

All symptoms of a board that needs more pages.
>>
>>1562060
"Generals" was a codename for "threads made by people who like things I dislike". They're fully aware that if they "crack down" on generals, the only thing left will be anime-flavored /b/.
If they want to keep this retarded mentality of hurr general bad on /a/, they should just cave in already and make a second /a/ where so-called generals are allowed.
>>
>>1562124
idiot
>>
>>1562663
"Generals" exist because people find them useful. If you want everyone to make disconnected short posts about random shit then you might as well move to twitter.
>>
>>1562850
By that logic, if you want GOOD long posts that offer anything of use to you, with discussion that boils down to something more worthwhile than "look at the panties!!1!" then you should find a classical forum.
>>
Let generals be for fuck sake.
>>
>>1562863
no
>>
File: 1460394319991.png (223KB, 368x392px) Image search: [Google]
1460394319991.png
223KB, 368x392px
They post those stickies every few years to troll janitors. That's all there's to it.
>>
So are we gonna discuss to why /yoi/ threads keep being pruned and deleted even when they aren't shitpost-ridden generals?
>>
>>1562922
no
>>
File: 803117914_107902.jpg (66KB, 650x511px) Image search: [Google]
803117914_107902.jpg
66KB, 650x511px
>>1562946
I'm glad we've opened this discussion!
So why not?
>>
>>1562922
To gain brownie points and look like the mods/jannys are actually doing shit.
>>
>>1562922
Because /a/ is for DBS, Evangelion and waifu only.
Currently there are no new contents that could justify the creation of new YOI threads, but I wonder what will happen when there'll be relevant new info to spread and worthy of being discussed.
>>
>>1562975
Why does an occasional fun thread about 2D faggots need such justification?
>>
File: 4ch utopic world.png (97KB, 300x248px) Image search: [Google]
4ch utopic world.png
97KB, 300x248px
>>1562983
Shit like pic related hits more than 100 replies and don't get touched by the mods' holy hands.

Remember:
>Aim for original discussion or content
>>
>>1562983
Probably double standards from waifufags. It's not OK if it doesn't turn the majority on.
>>
>>1563007
>pic title

My sides

No wonder that one "original" /yoi/ thread survived by being archived instead of deleted. Or were mods just getting warmed up?

>>>/a/161923536
>>
This general witchhunt is a thinly veiled excuse to purge their least favorite anime, gay shit and some tripfags. They're sending what they dislike and its userbase to other boards so they can model /a/ as they see fit.

>>>/a/161998352
>>>/a/162004122
>>>/a/162020708
>>>/a/162023082
>>>/a/162032837
>>>/a/162042694
>>>/a/162002454
>>>/a/162010462
>>>/a/162035377
>>>/a/162039406
>>>/a/162042264
>>>/a/162042322
>>>/a/162037177
>>>/a/162037668

According to the sticky these threads and thousands of archived ones should be pruned. If that sticky was taken seriously the entire board would be deleted, but they're only going after what they don't like.
>>
>>1563274
Most of these are complete garbage.
>>
>>1563305
Most of /a/ is complete garbage.
>>
>>1563317
I won't argue with you on that. The board is full of spoiled brats.
>>
>>1563317
Most of everywhere is complete garbage.
>>
>>1562076
You completely misunderstand how generals are being used and why they need to be banned sitewide
The very fact that many generals can barely survive on their own is why they shouldn't be up and inevitably turn into barely on topic circlejerks
>>
>>1563429
and you misunderstand that on /a/ probably 90% of the generals are not there because people want to circlejerk they are literally forming generals _because_ their threads already can't survive if everyone watching a particular anime is split across 3 or 4 different threads.

Everyone just hears the word "general" and immediately thinks of circlejerking threads and are completely blind to the fact that /a/ is like 90% generals. You probably don't even realize that the threads you like to use on /a/ ARE fucking generals, because they don't feel like it.
That's a big clue anon that the board is _naturally_ forming generals because it has to, not because people want to.

I'm not saying adding more pages is going to get rid of generals I'm just saying it's required before you can actually expect to effectively ban them. If /a/ had more pages then all the ad-hoc generals that naturally form without people even realizing it would dissipate and be able to survive on their own as several separate threads.
THEN you can make a rule to ban the other more cancerous generals.

/a/ users, and mods included, just don't see it because they're in denial about how many threads on /a/ area technically generals.
>>
>>1563806
Not him. I see where you're coming from, but it feels like to me that the standards on /a/ just need to be raised. And that can't happen without more active moderation, as well as users that are willing to report the people smearing facebook, /b/, and twitter tier crap everywhere. I mean, people use the board like it's /b/, and nobody seems to have the brains to know what crap actually is, or the balls to honestly speak up about how bad things are. Irony and stupidity are so rampant, the only solution is janitors and mods that are willing to go into threads themselves for the sole purpose of hunting for shitposts.
>>
>>1563815
You might laugh at this, but I actually think that's also an issue made much worse by not having enough pages

The whole point is everything is too cramped and it forces everyone to lump together and treat things like a chatroom. You know there are even people who regularly start "the thread for X anime" who actually have bots that alert them when their thread is about to die?
Do you think they then go to their thread and leave a super high quality post or do they just post any random shit to bump?

It's even worse because once you've already created a system where people are constantly bumping and posting out of necessity then it just becomes their hobby. They sit here and bump bump bump, and once all their favorite threads are bumped they go find some other random thread to leave some 1-line inane comment in just to pass the time before they check their main threads again and bump them

What would be so bad about having an anime board where threads can last 6-12hrs and as long as you check it 2 maybe 4 times a day it'll stay alive? Wouldn't that mean you could take it easy more, maybe stop posting so many inane comments? Wouldn't /a/ be less like a chatroom and you'd have more users that post and only come back to respond hours later?
That's how you fix /a/.
>>
>>1563008
I don't think that's true, since there's a lot of distaste for yuri but the shit is still spammed and whenever bad behaviour is brought up people claim it to be the work of a false-flagger on a conspiracy to destroy yuri
>>
>>1563836
I don't know if it would actually improve post quality, but I do agree that /a/ needs more pages. I think all the faster boards do. It'll never happen though because it would cost more money and HIro is too jewish for that.
>>
>there are people who took the sticky seriously for even a second
>there are people who unironically think that /a/ can be saved
kek
>>
>>1563836
I'm very aware of what people do to keep dead threads alive. I still believe that the final answer is moderation that can keep up so they can keep the low quality posters out. If the idiots were simply banned and would stay banned, then they wouldn't be able to make those short posts that are worthless, or shitposts. That way the current number of pages would work. What 4chan needs is a better system of moderation. It would improve all the boards so much.
>>
>>1563889
>and would stay banned
This is never ever going to happen.
>>
>>1563875
/a/ still is better than most boards of it's size, mostly due to the fact it has some moderation comparable to the others that have none. /a/ users also tend to know about self-moderation.
>>
>>1563898
Not with how 4chan is now. I want to know why mods put on a poker face whenever they say they care about 4chan. Actually, I can't even remember the last time I saw a mod say they care about 4chan... I saw ALTERNATIVE mention something about wanting people to be happy, but that doesn't mean a whole lot when they are the ones helping to keep 4chan in this miserable state.

>>1563905
>/a/ users also tend to know about self-moderation.
Maybe some of them do, but a hell of a lot of them will spam threads they don't like (sometimes threads that aren't even against the rules), even when that's the exact opposite of what you're supposed to do.
>>
>>1562964
Because it's shit.
>>
>>1562861
Well you should 2bqh
>>
>>1564317
Go back to [s4s], and get fired while you're at it so you can be financially unstable.
>>
>>1562975
>Currently there are no new contents that could justify the creation of new YOI threads
That's a stupid mindset. People should make threads because they want to talk about a series, no matter how dumb what they want to say is. There's no need to restrict new threads to be allowed only when there's new material because /a/ is a board about anime and manga, all of them, not only new things.
This kind of attitude only further proves how out of touch /a/'s moderation is.
>>
>>1564322
Seething.
>>
>>1564334
>no matter how dumb what they want to say is.
Stop. That's the kind of attitude that makes boards worse for people that actually like things. There needs to be some limits to keep legitimate posters sane/happy.
>>
>>1563806
I'm not in denial about the amount of "generals" on /a/, I just plain don't fucking mind them. People gather around in the same thread to discuss a show because they want to talk about that show, in GENERAL, especially right after a new episode of it just finished airing - and that's perfectly fine. They reason why most people don't make separate threads to discuss each topic of a series is simply because they don't see the point in that. Hell, just look at the DBS spam that happened when that sticky came up, pretty much every thread about a random separate shit they made became its own "general".

I'll just repeat myself: "generals" are not a bad thing. What is bad, however, is people turning threads into themed chatrooms and talking about themselves or other things that have no relation to either the board or the thread's subject - and THOSE are the real, cancerous generals that the moderation should try to get rid of after warning their users enough times. The problem is that monitoring threads takes effort, which is something the staff isn't willing to do, so instead they're just taking the easy way out of generalizing everything and pretending they're doing a good job. Well, if their plan in killing all anime discussion on /a/ then they're doing a great job indeed.
>>
>>1564347
Yeah, going full no fun allowed like you want everyone to do is what makes boards worse indeed. 4chan was never meant to be a serious place, everything is allowed as long as you don't trample over the culture of the board you're posting in - for an example about /a/, mentioning that you want to eat the ass of an anime girl is perfectly fine, but talking about reaction videos by YouTube e-celebs isn't.
People pretending to be retards isn't what kills boards (as everyone has done so ever since 4chan was created), overmoderation is.
>>
>>1564364
>The problem is that monitoring threads takes effort, which is something the staff isn't willing to do
Too bad people don't report garbage. That way the mods would at least see the garbage. Even then there's little hope of them actually doing anything about it, and if they do, do something about it, there's a high chance the little shitposting bastards will evade their ban.

>>1564379
/a/ is already dead. Your reasoning is backwards. And you are an awful person that belongs on /b/. How many times have you evaded a ban?
>>
>>1564383
>/a/ is already dead.
For you. Don't kill it off for the rest of those who still cling to their only home. There are plenty of places in the internet for real serious discussion about anime, so there's nothing wrong with letting people on /a/ choose when they want to be serious and when they want to say whatever - as long as it's related to anime in some way. Truly garbage posts are still dealt with often enough, I don't know how often that is for the threads about more popular or controversial things like the shounenshit that always gets shat on, but at least for the threads about shows I watch people tell shitposters to fuck off and report them most of the time.
And thankfully, I've never been banned for inane comments. If that ever starts to be a thing then I'll know that it's the beginning of the end for sure.
>>
>>1564406
You are effectively defending posts similar to this: >>>/v/389723717
Stop destroying this website with your insane attitude.
>>
>>1564420
If you can't see the difference between that sort of post and someone stating that they want to be EXACTLY like Sharo then I don't think I have anything else to say.
>>
>>1564436
Nope. That thread on /v/ is an innocent thread asking for modern female characters in video games. It's just a silly thread, why are you so strict?
>>
>>1564164
Yeah so shit it's expected to have quality threads that are both original and centred on new content kek
>>
>>1563274
Why do mods keep the drawthread on /a/, wouldn't it be better suited for /i/ or /ic/?
>>
>>1562060
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.