[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Traps are killing 4chan. First they killed /b/, then /r9k/, then

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: 1473851208141.png (62KB, 607x617px) Image search: [Google]
1473851208141.png
62KB, 607x617px
Traps are killing 4chan.
First they killed /b/, then /r9k/, then /a/, then /co/, and now /sci/ is pretty much dead.
This is the only valid use of the phrase "discord is killing 4chan".
>>
thread is effective bait because traps tend to have esteem issues and if any are lurking on /qa/ it'll be easy to create amusement..
>>
I don't understand the screencap. Are you implying teenbros are coordinating in discords to shit up 4chan?
>>
File: 1486153283252.jpg (42KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1486153283252.jpg
42KB, 1024x768px
>>1560372
Go on any /r9k/ discord (there are many), they're filled with 90% twinks and mtf trannies (usually pre-op). If they haven't given themselves a special label, just hop into a VC and listen to their nasely, flemmy impersonations of a females voice.
Frankly I think the personality (or mental illness) you need to have to be a tranny is the same mental illness you need to make absolutely garbage posts on 4chan and feel good about doing it, to feel like you actually contributed something. Make no mistake, this is not a healthy or normal way to approach posting, and it is not trolling. Its just shitposting.
Most of these people become traps because they aren't masculine or confident, and thus will never have a chance with a female. They know the only way they will ever get something close to love is a gentle spooning after they get rammed by a better man. 4chan is really the only place they can let off their mountains of insecurities in the form of retarded ironic fads.
What fads? On /qa/, /c/ dumps and frogposting - these larping faggots make up 90% of /qa/ and shit it up equally, they are not enemies even if they pretend to be, they are pretty much the same aside from what image they choose to spam. On /sci/, IQ posting and climate change bait. On /co/, whatever childrens show pretends to have the most adult themes, Steven Universe at the moment I think, previously Adventure Time. Think "what is the worst strain of posting on my favourite board", and you'll find what your local pussyboys are peddling.
I know what you're thinking, other than what EPIC response you're going to copy and paste to reply to this, or what sites you're going to post this on as copypasta, you're thinking "but the stereotypical anon is a fat neckbeard". That was true years ago, now these people try to distance themselves from that image to the extreme, not the primary reason but a surprisingly large part of it, don't underestimate the pettiness of the trap.
>>
File: 1492096300234.jpg (218KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
1492096300234.jpg
218KB, 750x500px
Tarps are killing 4chan.
First they killed /out/, then /trv/, then /b/, then /sp/, and now /bant/ is pretty much dead.
This is the only valid use of the phrase "mountain warehouse is killing 4chan".
>>
>>1560391
>cont
So what can WE do about this? Nothing! 4chan trannies will ignore anything you say to them, so don't bother.
The staff however ARE doing something. The creation of /trash/ was a step in the right direction, and a lot of trap garbage gets moved there, but they aren't on the curve of everything they crap out. For example, IQ posting and climate change bait remains largely in place on /sci/, and the board is suffering immensely because of this. Of course, they don't realise that the root cause is traps, and thus flap around unable to pinpoint why 4chan is dying at an incredible rate, but I am overall happy with the direction the moderation is going. They need to work more vigilantly and better outlaw these types of postings - you can see on /a/ they are taking a more hands on approach to moderation, which is what is sorely needed right now.
"But what about /pol/?"
At risk of alienating sympathetic readers, I won't give my opinion on /pol/, but I will say it has a core of LGBT hate which makes the bad parts of it distinct from the bad parts of the rest of 4chan. In many ways it is an outlier to the rest of 4chan, its own thing if you will. Whether that is good or bad is for you to decide.
"Why did I just read all of this if I can't do anything about it?"
Awareness is always the first step to change, even if change is minimal. Of course, you can always do the typical steps of reporting and ignoring it (lol).
>>
>>1560391
There is no epic response to be needed. Most people that browse this board besides the few schizous that occupy almost every thread already feel the same about it, which is why they came here until the same insecure people that occupy almost every other board on this site feel the need by "ruining it" by for example linking it to other boards. I doubt anyone cares about that since all it takes to discover this board is just the bare minimum amount of lurking.
As for the "stereotypical neckbeard" stereotype, most people that browsed 4chan "back then" were probably just random people who like anime or videogames or whatever other reason they browse 4chan for and that this image was mostly pushed by the same kind of people that push this nowadays.
>>
>>1560401
>clarifications
i. Traps and twinks make up the bulk of this force, but they are not exclusively the force. You have some newfags who cling to the first thing they see here and copy it, because they don't know better, and i'm sure some dumb people trying to fit in.
ii. A fad doesn't need to form by conspiracy. These people would act as they do even if they didn't know eachother, and i'm sure many of them don't. But matching personalities attract, and discord is pretty much the perfect platform for them. Correlation != causation, people.
iii. Most of them are teenagers. Think about it.
iv. Spamming some counter-reactionary bullshit is only helping them and makes you look like a retard. Think about it.
v. Search "discord.gg" on your favourite archiver to find discord links and skulk them. Don't post and give them ammunition like I see some do, just lurk.
vi. Make no mistake, it is an us versus them scenario. This is no reason to be a larping retard, however. Making real communicative bonds between ourselves as strong as they have between themselves will be difficult, since they are wired to share their anxieties, but I think it is our best chance.
4chan can be saved, despite the cards being stacked against us.
>>
File: ...the horror...the horror...jpg (94KB, 666x578px) Image search: [Google]
...the horror...the horror...jpg
94KB, 666x578px
>>1560391
I appreciate your insight.

Perhaps now it is all an expression of what it means to be Human, and anything else you vision is considered romanticism. There has been such a tremendous era of self-negation, that our need for self-affirmation has grown so great as to require elaborate systems of thought and belief to justify its existence.

Besides, children have nightmares in order to wake up.

If you are an intellectual
you may be too existential to fully exist.
>>
toasting in legendary bread
>>1560391 I unironically love you
>>
Focusing on one subset of trash instead of the source (discord) seems stupid to me. Social media kids are cancer no matter what they call themselves.
>>
>>1560391
So traps are responsible for not only trap spamming but that other shit? Ugh...
>>
>>1560438
A platform can't post things, its users can. The source is people.
>>
>>1560399
That tent looks cool. Why would they target /out/ or /trv/? I can understand /sp/ to an extent and /b/ and /bant/ are pretty obvious.
>>
>>1560412
firstly I found your posts very insightful. they really helped me clarify some ideas I've had kicking round for a while and opened my eyes to some of the points you brought up. thank you.
you mentioned briefly about Making real communicative bonds: how do you suggest people go about this? what do we use to communicate and how do we effectively regulate who's in our circles. forgive me for using words such as we and our, I couldn't think of a better way to phrase it.
>>
I have the Answer. Let's see if you can figure it out, however.
>>
>>1560664
It wouldn't involve report, ignoring or leaving 4chan all together would it...
>>
>>1560610
First, "we" by definition is the set of people who aren't shitposting traps. By "we create communication bonds" I simply mean respond and post to eachother more. We tend to be more mindful and comtemplative than them, so we post less frequently, at least thats how I see things.
I don't reccomend an exodus or adopting secondary platforms like they do, our home is 4chan, just use it more.
>>
So most shitposting comes from trannies?

That's quite a sizeable amount of poster it seems, interesting.
>>
File: 1478713739465.gif (14KB, 300x100px)
1478713739465.gif
14KB, 300x100px
>>1560401
>The creation of /trash/ was a step in the right direction,
This is where you went off the handle and flew directly into Mt. Stupid.
/trash/ is in no way a solution to any of 4chan's core problems. It's an excuse for mods to not do their extremely simple of deleting off topic threads, and I barely ever see off topic threads moved to /trash/ anyway.
Hell just looking at it, it's basically /fur/ 2.0. A friendly reminder that a certain somebody would never let this happen.

But focusing on the main argument here, you would have to be mighty foolish to seriously think raging homos and faggots are the main cancer killing 4chan. I can't imagine what kind of selective reading ability you have. The only thing I'll agree on is that they're just a piece of the bigger problems.
What's actually killing 4chan is not just one thing but a multitude, from the top of my head you've got social media, phoneposting, political activism, whiny (and horny) teenagers who want to boost their self-esteem and fit in, (You)s and E-Pene culture, Generals, legitimate autistic people like Barneyfag, Ruggarel, Kroni, Crack, FFXV, etc whose soul mission is to ruin discussion of topics for everyone, the death of original content and the run-of-the-mill shitposters who do it because nobody can tell them no. And likely many more.
But what do you think lets these problems run wild? Well, other than the sorta weak moderation team.
From my perspective, it's the users who give it all attention and feed it. The ones who reply feeding egos (Giving (You)s [or just upvotes since they aren't really any different they way they're used now], shitposting and other assorted low quality posts. Really, do you blame the attention whore or the beta orbiting whitenknights giving her exactly what she wants? Yes, traps and trannies also fall into this, but they're only going with the flow and taking advantage of the average horny teenager or lonely loser.
>>
>>1561094
Does this also mean that trannies and traps are to blame for making off topic posts on every other board? Like BRAP posting? or /tv/'s cunny posting? Even Barneyfag and Crack? What about all the BLACKED posting? You've gotta see the bigger picture here. What do you do when you see off topic posting? You report it (or not) and ignore it, right? But there's always going to be that one guy (or more) who replies, feeding and enabling it. There's always the guys who gives (You)s and posts that dumb fish thinking those aren't just giving shiposters exactly what they want either. There's always the people who think their two cents matter to the troll's fallacies. The problem has always been the feeders rather than the source, but now there's just too many feeders. This sort of leads into another big (perhaps the TRUE) problem with 4chan.

The site's just gotten too big for itself and moderation to handle. There's just way too many people to manage, too much low quality as well. And there's no true solution to this problem, the site has attracted too much attention for itself over the years to suffer a sudden drop in its population now. And with this large population of users comes all of these kinds of people, good or bad, who steer discussion toward high or low quality. But since there's so many people posting all at once during the day as well as moderation team too small (and rather incompetent) to even watch it all, there will always be the ones who slip through the cracks.
>>1561094
>>
this gotta be one of the most stupid fucking boogeyman I've ever heard
>>
>>1561176
Pretty refreshing tho
>>
do not acknowledge the obvious traps above, let ops flame live on
>>
/hate/ lithuanian discord trannies
>>
File: 1504452093418.png (396KB, 899x1284px) Image search: [Google]
1504452093418.png
396KB, 899x1284px
The enemy is no longer the weeb mafia

It's the gay mafia
>>
>>1562156
huh?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.