[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fun fact: everything on the internet can be reduced to 4 levels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1491525508075.jpg (7KB, 250x201px) Image search: [Google]
1491525508075.jpg
7KB, 250x201px
>sincerity (1 meaning)
>memeticism (a dupe meaning and the extra meaning derived from being in on the joke)
>causticism (a lack of meaning, a contextual/ironic meaning or meaning of meaning)
>post-irony (a dupe meaning, transcendence of meaning)
a sincere expression is it's own meaning, and exists for it's own sake, like a paragraph on a video game forum or an image macro about embarrassing yourself in front of a cute girl. a memetic expression exists for its propagation, and serves the purpose of being in reference to the idea it's spreading, requiring a canonicity of ideas to follow. like a post with a caveman spongebob picture over a caption, or a reddit catchphrase. causticism is about the rhetoric or posting-mode of content, it's relation to an idea or set of ideas or context. it's circlejerking about breaking structures and experimenting about forms, or being part of a avant garde cultural trend, or being a hot political take in that it's empowered by, and in turn empowers, it's rhetoric and use as a message instead of meaning as a message. causticism is swayed by the powers of social capital and ostracization and the populist judgement of being "witty" or meaningful not. like a "meme man" comic or an amber earnest tweet or chapo trap house. causticism is the gay faggot angsty teen of humor. post-irony is transcendent in that it combines aspects of all the above three in order to defy meaning and interpretation, in which the frustration of it's audience and the brashness, as opposed to subtlety and wit and acceptance, or lack of an existence of it's meaning is the humor (waves of pickle rick spam, "party rockers in the house tonight", sam hyde telling brooklyn faggots pseudoscience about the gays, 4chan memes like *BRAAAAAP* that are funny because of their obnoxiousness). it is essentially caustic-anti-humor, where anti-humor is causticism. either has no meaning and revels in it or does have a serious, sincere meaning and revels in it.
>>
What do you call the vast majority of people who bully because something triggers them
>>
>>1559293
"/qa/ users"
>>
>>1559293
normalfags
>>
Sincerity is the only good one in that list then? The others sound pretty awful to me.
>>
Nice 4chan spacing.
>>
>>1559273
>memes like *BRAAAAAP* that are funny because of their obnoxiousness
I don't understand why any mature person would think think "lol farts" is funny. Maybe very rarely when combined with timing or tone, but neither of those things translate into text very well.
>>
>>1559273
Everything post-meme was retarded.
>>
>>1559273
Where is [s4s] on this scale?
>>
>>1560442
ur awful

>>1560454
ur retarded

>>1560483
full causticism desu
>>
To summarize: the message from sincerity comes from itself. The message from memeticism comes from something else. The message from causticism comes from the form of the message, or the message's goal or end or style. The message from post-irony comes from the absence of the form or goal or end or style of the message. This is an oversimplification of the OP, which I think is really really worth trying to understand if you browse imageboards or the internet at all a lot.
>>
>>1560889
It sounds like web marketing bullshit to me.
>>
>>1560894
Web marketers are probably psychological fucking with you in 12 different ways right now. Might as well get with the game, then.
>>
fun fact: everything on the internet can be reduced to 1 level of communication
>retardation (a stupid meaning)
>>
>>1560921
How r you doing big guy?
>>
actually, everything can be reduced down to 2 levels:
1) talking about flan
2) not talking about flan
>>
>>1562053
shut yo mouth
I'm just talking about Flan
>>
>>1560921
Literally me.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.