[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are these threads no longer allowed? I've noticed them being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: index.jpg (17KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
17KB, 225x225px
Are these threads no longer allowed? I've noticed them being actively deleted on some boards with a notice saying they violate Global Rule 1: Offtopic.
>>
they were never allowed
>>
>>1559080
this
>>
one thread per board
after the first one, it was over
>>
File: hiro.png (25KB, 798x95px) Image search: [Google]
hiro.png
25KB, 798x95px
>>1559081
Ha, outstanding. The mods overruled Hiro, huh? Moot might've been shit, but he wasn't so absentee that that shit would've flown.
>>
>>1559085
all of them had that thread though
>>
>>1559085
a post from a year ago taken out of context isn't approval from hiro to make threads that break global rule 8
>>
The majority of users aren't capable of providing intelligent input, and the answer is obvious to anyone who can provide mature input: Better rule enforcement.
>>
It was a one-time thing and it accomplished absolutely nothing.
>>
>>1559090
See, I don't know. I feel like on a bunch of boards, the janitors and mods are operating on a different set of rules than what's posted. You'll see stuff obviously violating rules get left up, even having individual posts moderated on so you know they're aware of them, and then on-topic threads and posts being deleted. Creating a thread to discuss updating the rules or making them more explicit so people understand why some things are permissible or bannable usually get met with stealth deletes and bans. I realize that nothing came from the original idea- even the good ideas were ignored, but at worst isn't it a containment thread for posters who are frustrated or confused by uneven rule application instead of having them shit up the threads it happens in?
>>
>>1559085
Of course. He left them in charge of the site.
He's a businessman, and couldn't care less about the state of 4chan. The mods are the only ones retarded enough to waste their time shaping this website in their image.
>>
>>1559098
Let me give some for instances. On /tv/ there's a 160+ post thread about the singer Katy Perry who has nothing to do with television or film. On /v/ there's a 105+ post thread about torrenting that belongs on /t/. On /vr/ there's a 400+ post thread about a 2013 remake of a 2000 game (neither are okay on /vr/). On /pol/ there's a 260+ post "redpill me on-" thread when those are the one thing explicitly banned by the board rules. All of these are current as of now, most of them have had people pointing out that they're not allowed, but those posts got moderated up and the threads were left up.

My issue isn't that they're being allowed up, my issue is that they're being allowed up but the rules say the exact opposite and trying to discuss WHY the situation is what it is somehow warrants a ban. If the rules are out of date or we all have some mistaken impression on their meaning, why would they want to keep that to themselves?
>>
>>1559112
The mods have decided to interpret meta as being off-topic. If it were completely up to the mods they would probably ban it everywhere and delete /qa/.

The only thing standing between you and a complete absence of meta on 4chan is the existence of /qa/ (which is pretty useless for meta these days), hiro's stupid post, and the mods don't operate a panopticon.
>>
>>1559079
>Are these threads no longer allowed?
They never were, hiros >rule was always flimsy at best and a threads ability to survive depends on if the mod is in a good mood, if they're feeling nice they'll put it on autosage, or they'll just outright delete it.
>>
>>1559089
>taken out of context
Nothing is taken out of context here.
And how exactly do you know that hiro changed his opinion? The Mod didn't say anything about that. He just says that he doesn't care about it, because what hiro writes on the board is not important for him.

A post from hiro on the board should be more important than a mod claiming something in the circlejerk IRC, don't you think?
>>
>>1559108
>Of course. He left them in charge of the site.
>He's a businessman, and couldn't care less about the state of 4chan
Then why does he write about allowing those threads? Why did he make the post?
>>
I pity the fools that cannot understand 4chan's common law. The only meaningful rules on the the rules page are GR1 when Feds come knocking and /b/'s first rule.
>>
File: 1458859737292.png (313KB, 700x678px) Image search: [Google]
1458859737292.png
313KB, 700x678px
I'm kind of grateful to the idiot who keeps making those "hiro approves of this meta-thread 707". He's been such an ass that he has surely deterred Hiro from making any erroneous statements like that in the future.
>>
>>1559156
People wouldn't do it if mods hadn't become complete fascists about meta sometime in the last four years.
>>
>>1559090
>The majority of users aren't capable of providing intelligent input
neither are the mods so its quite the conundrum
>>
>>1559126
It was back when he still felt a sense of responsibility.
>>
I think that what basically happened was that after Hiro abandoned the site, the mods had free reign to make it their personal stomping grounds. If they feel like shitposting in an offtopic thread, they do, and then delete anyone complaining about it being a rules violation. I mean, who are you going to complain to? And now they specifically target meta threads to stifle people talking about the unevenness of the moderation.
>>
Reminder that mods are corrupt and don't delete what breaks the rules, but what makes them butthurt.

If rule breaking stuff don't bother them, it will be ignored no matter how reported it is.

If the mods gets upset at something, it will be deleted even if breaking no rules.
>>
>>1559081
>also it's still not a rule since it's not on the rules page

Yeah, well neither is nearly 100% of /e/'s sticky which it's had for three or so years now.
>>
>>1559368
to be fair: there are lots of problems with moderation on both sides like people slowly hijacking the thread to DISCREETLY make it off-topic or things that have trouble being seen by reporting (spamming, avatarfagging, etc.). there's a lot more to it than "dude mods are evil lmao".
>>
>>1559368
how ridiculous
>>
>>1559373
Can I just samefag reply to myself to say the most offensive part about /e/'s sticky is that- contrary to the rules only allowing "softcore"- the sticky permits penetration? I haven't even looked at it since I saw this cancer but this is the worst. I actually hate it. I hate other parts of the board too but this previously didn't get a free pass.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.