[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong? How did they manage to fuck up such an amazing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: 1504610933406.png (500KB, 937x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1504610933406.png
500KB, 937x1200px
What went wrong? How did they manage to fuck up such an amazing foundation that was handed to them from day one? They should have had an engaging culture by now that offers a singular experience not to be found anywhere else. They should have been the better /b/. They should have been the little brother who stole the show from /pol/. 4 months have passed and all these kids have got are a bunch of forgettable memes involving licensed characters and uninspired noncharacters that can't maintain a presence without Pepe. Has /bant/ sealed its fate as /pol/'s eternal trash can? Is there still time for its posters to come to their senses before the board finishes warping into a radioactive anime dumping ground?
>>
why are you trying so hard with these threads
/qa/ and /bant/ are not going to have a board war
>>
>>1558664
This isn't a call to raid, it's a serious question. Put the roleplaying aside for a second.
>>
File: 157_S1Ep1.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
157_S1Ep1.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
F-four months have passed since /bant/ was created?
I swear it was like three or four weeks ago.
>>
>>1558675
The pinpost is dated in May lad.
>>
That blue character from Boys Club was never a thing. Flavor of the month that had born with the drama and shitpost around Furie's butthurt (I killed pepe, pepe is dead, alt right btfo).
Nobody really gave a fuck about pepe's death, so as soon the drama declined, the forced meme went obsolete as well.
That finnish bootleg pepe already was being used for shitposts for some time and country girls/tans are nothing new as well.
>>
>>1558660
Being /pol/'s trash can was it's entire fucking purpose.
>>
>>1558788
It was a mistake to involve Pepe's death with Blepe and some movement to show how righteous they were are. As for the leaf girl, she's perceived to be the forefront tan that's representative of all of /bant/ and that's retarded. It's an international board.
>>
>>1558788
The Finnish Bootleg Pepe and Borche in essence serve the same niche that Blepe did in being a deterrent to actual frogposting. They're relatively successful in that regard, but are devoid of creativity when it comes to doing anything that isn't a mocking frogposters in some fashion.
>>
>>1558825
Blepe is Pepe's friend. He should have never been used as a deterrent to frogposting. Apu is literally a retarded Pepe equivalent and Borche evidently only exists to wage war on him.
>>
File: 1496659434660.png (44KB, 786x516px) Image search: [Google]
1496659434660.png
44KB, 786x516px
>>1558660
It's still there, kind of... but post-June is where a lot of good posters were lost when the novelty wore off. Their culture is being held together by sheer force of will and hatred of /pol/, to the point that its becoming single-minded and /bant/'s thinking processes woks along the lines of
>Q. "Will this make your average /pol/tard unhappy?"
>A. If yes "I'll allow it."
/bant/ isn't merely anti-frog, it's anti everything that current day /pol/ is associated with. It's what I think would have happened to those horsefuckers' board if it had stuck around for long. /bant/ is still fighting to find its identity while having to deal with dozens of board wanting to influence it due to its unique status as a relatively untainted random board. The Animeposting has actually gotten weaker as before /bant/ had just about every waifu poster you could find in /a/, but now that the mod sticky links to it it's pretty much cemented as part of its being.
>>
File: 0dd881a3141db7d043b01989c8433143.jpg (421KB, 1000x707px) Image search: [Google]
0dd881a3141db7d043b01989c8433143.jpg
421KB, 1000x707px
They're kind of like the less mature version of /qa/, but since they're safeguarded by mods they only take small steps in the direction of organized chaos that /qa/ tries to create.
The lack of meta posters and lower age demographic mean they take the more typical way of organizing a board through boosting their cultural content to unify them towards common goals, however I don't believe they've seen the pitfalls of this strategy as yet.
>>
Since their board is based around not being something their image centered cultural content will always be subpar as it lacks the genuine nature OC requires
>>
File: 1499088424743.png (1MB, 1844x932px) Image search: [Google]
1499088424743.png
1MB, 1844x932px
>>1558871
On the contrary, they have their own brand of spammers who know when to post, as the moderation has gaps where whole days will pass before one, or even a janitor visits the board. /bant/ is somewhere between /qa/ and /a/ in terms of moderator presence.
>>
Upvote all Cirno and Duke Nukem threads, downvote all /pol/ threads.
>>
/bant/'s doing fine
>>
>>1558902
Whose current notable trait is being extremist on both of those ends to the point that trying to actually debate politics leads to exchanges of abomination accusation attacks, especially to those who refuse to participate in their "arguments". 4chan might have decentralized many of us to their antics, but to the average layman /pol/ looks absolutely insane, and its posters are noted for their ability to drag politics into whatever board they enter, which is why so many boards oppose them to one degree or another, even those that share their ideology such as /v/. I guess they're fighting to prevent themselves from becoming /pol/2 given that unlike most boards they're right next door to it via sticky.

I'd say that the problem is the opposite: the majority has embraced the anti-/pol/ rhetoric to some degree even when it isn't obvious which is why they're so slow to make their own culture: everything they do is in opposition of the /pol/ boogeyman, give it a shitpost thread, a comfy thread (generally held to be something that /pol/ is incapable of performing in), posting anime, importing /s4s/, or their tendency to slide imported /pol/ threads to the bottom of the board. Every part of /bant/ is ironic.

Of course, this is us calling the kettle black, given that in spite of it dipping into the board RP wars, /bant/ still produces more content than /qa/.
>>
>>1558939
/qa/ content is abstract and can't be understood by anyone pre April 1st
>>
>>1558902
wasn't /bant/ made for the sole purpose of being /pol/'s trash can for off-topic garbage
>>
>>1558954
Pretty much, see >>1558776
>>
>>1558939
Good demonizing there on all sides, but /pol/ isn't united in their opinions like you seem to be portraying, and /qa/ isn't supposed to produce OC, it's the meta board.
>>
you mean post right
>>
>>1558954
That off-topic garbage wasn't enough to sustain a whole board or even sustain discussion once you took it away from /pol/'s userbase. It's why /pol/ imports die on /bant/ shortly after being moved. On that level, /bant/ is a failure of a board, but it has been retooled into a dumping ground for /a/ as well.
>>1558962
It isn't united in opinions. It's united in actions. a "/pol/tard" is a specific type of user who brings politics into discussion regardless where they are and regardless of what they hold as political beliefs. It's not even necessarily someone from /pol/, but somebody that by all accounts SHOULD be on /pol/ because it's the only board where they aren't breaking the rules in their actions.

/pol/tards are disruptive, which is what makes them /pol/tards in the first place. It's not a case where someone simply with strong political opinions is partaking in discussion on a board. No, that's not a /pol/tard. A /pol/tard is the jackass who complains about Jews on /k/ or how da SJWs are killing the industry on /v/ without any further prompt. If they do these sort of things, they're /pol/tards. If they're not, they are not /pol/tards. Everyone should oppose /pol/tards, be they right wing or left wing, because they damage 4chan's ability to actually discuss politics on a meaningful level.
>/qa/ is a meta board.
[citation needed]. /qa/'s purpose was to host moot's final /qa/ that through some fluke has not been deleted.
>>
>>1558962
>/qa/ isn't supposed to produce OC, it's the meta board.
Even on the topic of meta, there is OC to be produced, such as scripts, CSS, and miscellaneous stupid 4chan tricks (archive colors, braille images, trick thumbnails, various unexpected things you can do with unicode).
>>
File: Kagari's_Fall.png (20KB, 642x426px) Image search: [Google]
Kagari's_Fall.png
20KB, 642x426px
>>1558912
This. You're all looking at the wrong places. /bant/ is a comfy place.
>>
>>1558660
/bant/ is actually pretty nice the way it is.
Those two characters in the top were forced shit that nobody liked (thanks god they died).
Those in the bottom were welcomed by most of /bant/ and now are part of our culture.
You're either the pedophile anon who drew that shitty loli or that /pol/tard who wanted the blue character as the pepe of /bant/, I can't find a better explanation for that retarded pic of yours.
>>
File: 3.png (120KB, 356x333px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
120KB, 356x333px
What the hell do you people even talk about on /bant/?
I'm afraid to go look myself because my intuition tells me it's a normalfag den that will just make me lose what little hope I have left for 4chan if I ever go and look for myself
>>
Not being a hugbox means he's allowed to criticize or hate things you like.
>>
>>1559042
>4chan is not a social justice warrior hug box
but that's exactly what /pol/ is
>>
>>1558847
/bant/ resembles a classic /pol/ which felt more like a 4chan board rather then a reddit one.
>>
>>1558660
J U S T
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.