[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's discuss the future of the Internet and how it will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

Let's discuss the future of the Internet and how it will affect our imageboard.

More and more people will be connecting to the Internet in the future. For example, there will be non-profit organizations in the US who will work with the goal of providing as many people as possible with broadband at reduced rates. According to one prediction, this will mean that people in first world countries will become more aware of the difficulties that poor people face, thus making them more empathetic in general. Will edginess die out?

People will be hooking up more of their things to the Internet, but this isn't limited to computing devices. Things like home appliances and vehicles with Internet connectivity will become more common. Maybe this will mean that there will be a race for the first toilet-aided shitpost.

Do you have some predictions?
>>
>>1553840
I think certain social media sites like twitter will have their userbase go through the "newfags are killing this site" hole that a lot of older sites have gone through. It could lead to barriered communities en masse, or migration to decentralized platforms like mastodon, but more realisitically it will probably just create a new age of internet complaining with no actual change, as we have seen from past experience.
>>
File: 1477847733829.jpg (980KB, 2508x3541px) Image search: [Google]
1477847733829.jpg
980KB, 2508x3541px
>thus making them more empathetic in general.
It will have the inverse effect completely.

>Things like home appliances and vehicles with Internet connectivity
Massive botnets and a lot of work for security people.

My predictions are
The normal web will become more and more regulated and controlled in order to shove even more ads disguised as user content down everyone's throat.
Nerds will migrate to less populated protocols and platforms. Anonymity, content distributions and technical barriers to entry will make these spaces the cradle of the fourth Renaissance of Internet Culture, away from the uncultured masses.
>>
>>1553862
Mindless cynicsm and elitism. Think about what you post next time so I don't have to wade through such garbage.
>>
I predict it will still be the 9th month of 1993 during that time.
>>
>>1553840
Some things change (and should, because that makes us people, some things don't change(and shouldn't, otherwise we wouldn't be people anymore). If you want to understand people, you need to understand the things that don't and shouldn't change.
>>
File: Eternal.png (282KB, 1020x689px) Image search: [Google]
Eternal.png
282KB, 1020x689px
>>1553946
Do you remember
When it was like
September?
Love was changing the Minds
of Pretenders
While chasing the clouds away...
>>
>>1553862
>>1553862
>Massive botnets and a lot of work for security people.
feels good
>>
>>1553844
This is a very good point.

Edginess won't die out, though. If anything, racism will increase, because the futile tribalism of online cultures will see more and more people joining together against the influx of posters from the Third World.
>>
>>1555519
Feel free to not bump my thread.
>>
In the future, internet will be a regulated commodity, like tobacco and alcohol.
>>
>>1555810
Do you think that would work? People are already good at getting around censorship.
>>
>Do you have some predictions?
Anyone with some sense will have moved to having I2P, TOR and similar stuff installed on their machines.
>>
>>1558010
And hosting hidden services, preferably! We need to take back the Internet from centralization.
>>
I hop IoT totally wrecks the internet. At least then something good will have come of it.
>>
The internet is already shit. At least for me. Every single corner is full of politics, newfriends who can't lurk, and circlejerks. There is no single place that isn't safe from normalfaggotry, this particular board being no exception. It's a hostile place useful only to download things and play online games. Africans will only make things worse. Remember when the internet was mostly an American and European thing? Then it spread to the Middle East, East Europe, South East Asia, India and Latin America. Things got much worse. Whenever there's a shitpost, it's just a really high chance the poster is from some third world shithole. Widespread internet in Africa will only make things worse. And contrary to your assumption, first worlders will hate third worlders even more because one of the main reasons why people hate, say, Indians or Brazilians, so much is because they always behave like complete apes online. That's what they are.
>>
>>1553862
>uncultured masses
Where did you get your degree and what field do you work with?w
>>
>>1559783
>>1561646
Everybody wants a little slice of the internet that doesn't suck, but nobody ever creates one.
>>
>>1557520
One idea for governments to hound the ones trying to stay hidden from their watchful eyes and avoid censorship is to use bot programs to cyberbully and derail threads all the time. Best to have several bots act against each another on purpose.
>>
>>1561646
that's untrue, 90% of internet cancer come from anglos and then it spreads to vernacular internet who is a bit more imm
>>
>>1562321
une to what you think is cancer

anglos need to be banned from internet
>>
What will happen to the Jay sphere?
It's already small, divided and full of cancer as it is.
Did everyone grow up into a norm?
>>
>>1563320
we're all waiting for over at gensokyo anon!
>>
>>1553840
>>
/qa/....
>>
The bigger the internet becomes the more I find myself wanting to hide in isolated parts of it.
>>
I think at this point it's almost inevitable that at some point large social media sites, like facebook, twitter, and 4chan itself are going to collapse under their own monolithic size as they're not bringing in any new users to generate money off of.
But what happens after this? the preferred outcome from most of us here, I assume, would be a return to image boards of the late 90's, a small forum by and for users with a common interest, like before 4chan swallow them up in the mid to late 2000's. But what about other options? Will we see sites spring up to replace them, or do you think we'll see the internet return to its earlier state?
>>
>>1570768
Once they hit the decent stage of the buisness model they'll start charging for content or features and drag the Internet into oblivion with them.
>>
>>1570771
but at that point it's too late, they're already on a downward spiral. in any case I'm more interested in what people think about the aftermath and what will come next
>>
>>1570768
people might migrate over to places like the forums on network54 dot com
>>
>>1553840
>Let's discuss the future of the Internet and how it will affect our imageboard.

Like the stealth bump that happened in this thread?
>>
>>1573394
>>1573397
only bots will remain
>>
I hope the bump posters leave eventually.
>>
>>1573403
Unlikely
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.