[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What keeps someone from impersonating namefigs? Please don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Fig2.jpg (112KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Fig2.jpg
112KB, 1200x900px
What keeps someone from impersonating namefigs?
Please don't "lurk moar fgt" me, I'm pretty stupid and need almost everything explained to me.
>>
File: Gangut (2).png (1MB, 1324x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Gangut (2).png
1MB, 1324x2000px
Impersonating someone is a form of aggression against a poster to hopefully kill their identity.

People act in aggression under a few circumstances:
1) Their presence threaten something of value to them(order, culture etc.)
2) They are successful and produce jealousy.
3) They are hostile towards other posters and make themselves hated.
4) Standing out and seeming weak enough to fall prey to sociopathic boredom
If a person holding an identity doesn't trip any of these flags he won't get attacked.

What would stop them from acting in aggression towards someone is their own sense of morals. When you attack someone you have to be prepared to admit that you're not a nice guy and to most that will be the thing that prevents anyone from openly engaging in hostility against another poster.
Another big factor is the personality of the individual holding the identity. Some people come across as very insecure and indecisive about themselves. Pack animals tend to hold a form of fear or respect towards people who seem strong and will look down on those who seem weak.
Even though an anonymous image-board has no repercussions to being a lone wolf who doesn't see the value in pack mentality, we still hold this sense of contempt for the weak and admiration towards the fearless following the alpha and beta male template.

So tl;dr... If you come across as having the personality of being weak willed and regularly step out of line then you'll be a prime target for aggression from others... One of these forms of aggression being impersonation.
>>
Thanks for a long and well thought out answer, though maybe I didn't phrase my question properly. [s4s] seems to associate certain posters with names as if it were one individual but why couldn't someone just type that name into the name field and pretend to be them?
>>
>>1545372
Because there's no point. You only mimic someone to hopefully devalue their personality through associating it with something the community regards as negative(character assassination) or show admiration to them.

You have to ask yourself what every action seeks to gain.
>>
The answer to what holds people back from doing that is their own sense of morals.
Humans are creatures who are mentally 'programmed' to follow the kind of behavior that benefits their community. Human beings are uncomfortable doing things that will disrupt order.
>>
>>1545364
As someone who has been stalked by a poster here for years, nothing. I made a thread of the type I used to recently and the old autist was spamming it within minutes pretending to be me. :p
Autism never sleeps. They are always watching.
>>
>>1545364
A more succinct answer since you're using the [esforest] term namefig, don't make yourself stand out. Except I never did and the same idiot kept hounding me. He wants my mom to die, but lol she still is alive... it's actually surreal how people here can be obsessive about ppl they've never met.
I'm as much an autist for sticking around to witness it desu.
>>
>>1545425
I like your answer.
You suggest to not have a personality. I say to have multiple, to test all parts of your inner self and to find what fits best for given situations.
When you do this, makes hard for anyone to follow you, like spaghetti code.
You are unique and don't let anyone stop you from shining all round. As much as people here obsess over hating names, they can't help but remember them in their hearts forever. For those who have no meaning in their lives, you become one.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.