[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you were tasked with creating a 100% no-moderation discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: 1420438019206.gif (92KB, 334x232px) Image search: [Google]
1420438019206.gif
92KB, 334x232px
If you were tasked with creating a 100% no-moderation discussion site, and had a crack team of l33t programmers to implement your idea so nothing is too farfetched.
How would you do it?

Remember to not underestimate the cleverness of users who will almost certainly find ways to bypass any pattern detection or filters you put in place eventually.
>>
I don't understand. If it's no-moderation, why would I be implementing filters?
>>
File: I have the ?? formula.jpg (315KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
I have the ?? formula.jpg
315KB, 480x640px
Instead of reprogramming the site, try reprogramming the human being so that they have the desire to follow unwritten laws.
>>
>>1541236
You probably wouldn't.

But it's your site you can develop it however you want. The point is once it launches it's completely hands off. If you DID want to put filters or spam detection you would have to do it before launching.
It's not moderation unless you're dynamically changing it in response to community developments.

The point is whatever you want to do has to be done and automated before launch. If you don't want any spam detection then don't have it. If you DO want spam detection then you have to come up with a way to do it now, and if people find a way to bypass the detection after launch then it's too bad it'll be stuck that way forever.
>>
>>1541254
woof, pardon the redundancy in this post. You get the point.
>>
Why not just use Usenet?
>>
>>1541278
Is it not dying? I keep hearing that it is because ISP's are dropping it as a service so now you have to pay for it separately from 3rd party sites. Right?

Also it seems overloaded with the whole fact that you can download binaries and torrents and shit. I don't see why someone can't just remake it for text only and without needing a subscription
>>
>>1541329
https://www.eternal-september.org/ has free access to the text groups. Also Google but then you have to use their shitty web interface.
>>
>>1541338
How to join the 4chan newsgroup
>>
Make a decentralized imageboard using the blockchain
>>
>>1541349
That's just a way to MAKE an unmoderated site. That doesn't really answer the question.

Unless your question is that it would be just like 4chan but unmoderated or something, which would probably be pretty shitty.
>>
>>1541352
You could easily stop spam by using a token system

something like 1 token per post and each token would be worth a very small sum like 10 satoshi
>>
>>1541346
I don't think there is one. There are some people making a Usenet-imageboard hybrid they call nntpchan, though.
>>
Would 100% no moderation work from a legal standpoint? What if someone uses it for illegal activities? You would be held responsible for not removing the content and reporting them to their local services when necessary, right?
>>
>>1541363
Think it'll take off?
>>
>>1541372
Maybe if it gets a better frontend and some communities with a good reason to post there.
>>
>>1541371
Sure you'd probably have to at least delete illegal content, but that's kind of beside the point and going down that rabbit hole will just take the thread off course
>>
Invite only retard
>>
File: 1442944468984.jpg (58KB, 450x443px) Image search: [Google]
1442944468984.jpg
58KB, 450x443px
>>1542789
I'd rather invite intelligent people to be quite honest
>>
File: evaha1.jpg (71KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
evaha1.jpg
71KB, 666x666px
>>1542824
And what about the misunderstood geniuses??
>>
>>1541222
I'd do exactly as you say and make the site 100% no moderation and peer at the resulting cesspool from a safe distance, counting down until someone posts something illegal to shut the site down. Rinse and repeat.

Do not underestimate the sheer spitefulness of users who will intentionally tear something down for no gain of their own just because they can.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.