[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are people so boring. It's very rare to find people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1482966836354.jpg (392KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1482966836354.jpg
392KB, 800x800px
Why are people so boring. It's very rare to find people who are not superficial about their hobbies. They claim to like movies, but they only watch superhero movies and don't know more than a couple of directors. They claim to like video games, but they only play the most mainstream shit games like CS or TF2. They claim to like anime, but they only watch generic shounen or harems. It's very rare to find anyone who actually goes any deeper into anything they like. Maybe they do spend a large amount of time on their hobbies, but they sure don't attempt to actually explore that hobby more than just the surface level.
>>
File: IMG_0038.png (515KB, 700x462px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0038.png
515KB, 700x462px
People with hobbies are always the minority. Social interaction is the most important part for most people and other things are purely recreational for them.
>>
A lot of people don't know what they want. Also, you listed the most casual and underage hobbies. Teenagers discovering themselves and all that drama.
>>
>>1535826
I do have other hobbies, just mentioned the most common ones that people claim to have.
>>
>>1535829
Commonality and popularity don't automatically make something bad. Many things are popular because they are very good, and I can see that you already know that. But the things you listed are all entertainment. Many people are superficial about many things because it's the path of least resistance. They don't care about something enough to enjoy digging into the deeper aspects of it. They can name every popular artist, know every game in the series, and know the name of every episode in a season, but they don't understand the passion (or lack thereof) of the people who make those things, or even the very basic foundations of it. The subtle characterization, of even feeling sympathy for all that happens, understanding what they hear, applying what they consume to their lives, is lost to most people. Because at the end of the day, most of them just want to sit back and talk to other people about it. It is sad how so many people are blind to the little things that really mater.
>>
File: 1486908658744.png (47KB, 404x193px) Image search: [Google]
1486908658744.png
47KB, 404x193px
>>1535829
You speak of having hobbies in plural just 10 minutes after filing a complaint about others not being serious about their hobbies. Such is the hypocrisy of the otaku roleplaying retards who come to this board.
>>
>>1535823
While it is somewhat rare to encounter someone with a genuine passion for something, it's even rarer to find someone who also has the time to dedicate to it.

Now that I have a job, even the little time I actually do get to "explore" my hobbies I usually just end up wasting time trying to think what the best way to use my time is (e.g. trying to figure out how to "explore" and predict which paths yield the most rewarding results)
and of course you usually end up choosing wrong, so the next day you just say "fuck it, why even bother".

Work and school take so very much more out of the human spirit than most people ever realize.

I often dream that in the future everyone will basically be NEETs and in place of actual importance and urgency in life humans will fill the gap with hobbies and shit. When that time comes diving deep and "exploring your hobby" will be what makes someone cool.
>>
>>1535917
>Work and school take so very much more out of the human spirit than most people ever realize.
True. Stress basically destroys you, especially if you aren't rewarded or are poorly rewarded. It's even worse when you put more than a large mount of effort into something you enjoy and get little to nothing in return.
>>
I spend all of my waking hours either shitposting or playing a single video game. Does that count as "dedication to hobbies"?
>>
>>1535974
Depends. How well do you know, respect, and appreciate them?
>>
>>1535986
I know a good deal about both, but respect and appreciate neither.
>>
>>1535989
Then you're a soulless husk who would be better off in a coma.
>>
>>1535993
Sounds about right.
>>
File: 1366424524389.png (468KB, 888x898px) Image search: [Google]
1366424524389.png
468KB, 888x898px
>>1535823
>Why are people so boring

no u
>>
>>1535862
Depends on what you define by hobby. I spend a great deal of time reading about history, /k/ shit and in general I try to stay well informed on a variety of topics. If you define that as not being "serious" about my hobbies, then yes, I'm not "serious", but I wouldn't want to be if that's your definition.

Also, as I clarified in my OP. I don't expect you to spend an extreme amount of time on it, I just expect you to put more than two thoughts into what you do, and try to explore it more than just the surface level. You might have watched more than a 1000 shows, but a conversation with you might be as boring a conversation with a person who's only watched 50, because you haven't put a single thought into it at any point.
>>
>page 10
>anime
bump
>>
i want to RAPE satorin
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.