[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that dust has settled, did it help?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 15

File: 1503137157127.png (140KB, 1342x295px) Image search: [Google]
1503137157127.png
140KB, 1342x295px
Now that dust has settled, did it help?
>>
>two drawthreads
Nope
>>
It killed /a/. Everything was stable a few moments ago when each series was discussed in its own thread, it had a variety of things. Did the mods think a perfect /a/ looked like a shitty questions and answers forum?
>>
>>1533093
>shounenshitters from facebook and MAL strongly emboldened while the good folks from /pc/ and /ai/ are victims

What do you think?
>>
>>1533095
Drama queen.
>>
>>1533093
Yes. But we need to be allowed to shitpost shounenfag threads again.
>>
>did it help
>entire board filled with DB threads after their containment thread got taken away
Not really.
>>
yes, /a/ is now perfect
>>
>>1533095
this
>>
>>1533093
It's one of the best modposts I've seen in a long time. It explains what's the problem with generals and what exactly makes a thread one of those, at the same time as it acknowledges commonly recurring threads as not being generals as they really aren't. The only problem is the line about separate threads being allowed as long as they aren't being spammed, since that's exactly what's fucking happening right now.
But shitposters can't read and will just accuse everything of being a general anyway, turning every thread into a meta-thread.
>>
>>1533099
It's just proof that DB posters need to be banned en masse like narutards were back in the day. For too long their faggy little club house sheltered them and allowed them to fester and multiply.
>>
File: 3.jpg (29KB, 314x263px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
29KB, 314x263px
>These people seriously think this is going to be an issue by next week

You can really just tell who's new by how they reacted to the sticky. If you're making threads like this, you don't know what actual spam or terrible board quality looks like
>>
>Now that the dust has settled
Not at all. The dust is still raising

>>1533099
it was a bad idea to start this on the same day a new transformation for Guko is revealed.
>>
>>1533103
moot ruined everything by forcing Naruto back in. If that hadn't happened, DBS threads would be getting the same treatment as Naruto threads once got.
>>
>>1533093
No.
>>
>>1533093
Clearly not since you aren't banned for template posting.
>>
File: 1497404543940.gif (1MB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
1497404543940.gif
1MB, 500x283px
>>1533096
Your little girl shows aren't CHAD enough.
Shit sucks
>>
>>1533093
They tried to do this some months ago and the same thing happened. All kinds of threads being created with hardly any posts, and all the generals getting constantly remade anyway.
It just makes the whole board a mess for a few days and then they give up and all the generals come back.
Except /djt/ I guess.
>>
>>1533099
Allowing the big three in was a fatal mistake.

Anyway, I think /a/ has been a lot better recently than just a few years ago, and more mod attention to quality control couldn't hurt so long as they don't kill every thread where a little off-topic fun is being had. Colouring outside of the lines has its merits at times.
>>
mods = fags
>>
>mods in damage control
>>
>>1533114
>>1533115
Generalfags on suicide watch.
>>
>>1533117
your're mom is a general
>>
>>1533115
That's a mod's job after all.
>>
Welcome to /qa/.
>>
I'm thankful that mods are trying to improve /a/'s quality.
>>
>>1533121
How can you call it a job if they're not getting paid for it?
>>
>>1533123
By giving people more shitpost fuel by stating something that everyone other than literal newfags knew? Yeah, I'm thankful to them as well.
>>
File: 1302606967179.jpg (309KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1302606967179.jpg
309KB, 1200x1200px
>thread being moved to a board that it belongs in
Arigato Mod-kun.

>>1533123
I wish they cared about the other big boards as much. /tv/ needs to be nuked and rebuilt from the ground up.
>>
>>1533123
Just wait when something happens in a series and you will see the amount of shitposting threads drowning /a/. Generals were a necessity
>>
What about seiyuu thread? where do they belong?
>>
>>1533093
It helps in at least telling people rules they don't bother reading or figuring out. I've seen threads with newfaggots lobbying that requests were allowed on /a/ since there weren't rules saying it wasn't otherwise, or the argument about elitists/sekrit club not wanting to help and whatever. Just outright stating it helps, and to be honest, I'm a little sad it's only a temporary sticky since the amount of >reddit coming to this board aren't likely to lurk or care otherwise.
The death of general threads can be good or bad, I felt that general threads more or less allowed for well, general discussion on the series unless there was a circlejerk or some unpopular opinion (which I suppose would happen eventually). For most users, it's seen as a containment thread which is a good thing, as threads revolving around the series aren't being made faster than you can hide. Another consequence of this is that the board speed moves faster, though I can't say if that actually affects anything postively or negatively right now.
>>
>>1533139
Sorry, generalfags but your days of shitting up the board are over.
>>
>>1533139
The problem with generals is they spread. Soon every fucking thing has a general and the first four pages are nothing but generals.
>>
File: 1481703321718.jpg (143KB, 952x733px) Image search: [Google]
1481703321718.jpg
143KB, 952x733px
Pedros on suicide watch.
>>
>>1533099

The quality and quantity of those threads has improved.
I don't know if you'd checked in on one of those cancer pools but they were some of the worst generals I've seen, even worse than monster fucker generals we used to have.

I've seen one 404 for being garbage today and another actually discussing DBS remain, a new trend for sure.

>>1533104
This
>>
>>1533093
>did it help
>lol why 1 thread per series when it can be 50 threads that get at best 20 replies per series
Uh, no.
>>
>>1533145
What's the problem with that? There being generals doesn't mean you can't ask a specific question. On the contrary, having no generals means people make shitty questions that clutter the board. Would you rather have shitpost folders or have a board full of shitposts?
>>
>>1533142
>For most users, it's seen as a containment thread which is a good thing
No. For most of /a/, they are viewed as circlejerks where newfags learn it's okay to be insufferable, attention-whoring blogposters instead of fitting in with board culture.
>>
>>1533143
I hated the shitposting in generals, but this solution is going to make /a/ worse in the long run. Those threads helped to contain a lot of shitposting and pointless threads.
>>
>>1533152
>4chan culture
>>
>>1533154
containment is a lie.
You either remove off the people you don't like or you give them room to grow and effect the board.
>>
>>1533154
No, it will make /a/ worse in the short term as shitposters are let loose, but better in the long term as shitposters aren't insulated in their hugboxes where no one tells them to fuck off.
>>
>>1533155
>newfag butthurt that people tell him to stop posting and lurk more
>>
>>1533152
>board culture
jesus christ how gay are you
>>
>>1533152
Board culture died a decade ago.
>>
>>1533129
task? purpose?
>>
>>1533152
board culture
on /a/

what a loser
>>
>>1533156
It worked for the popular series, with the generals gone the shitposting will spread.
>>1533157
>where no one tells them to fuck off.
Because this make them stop shitposting?
>>
>>1533159
>>1533163
Hi /qa/, you still mad that /a/ made fun of you for crossboarding?
>>
>>1533170
umm you do realize that crossboarding is a term invented on /jp/
and it was meant to belittle /a/ and /v/
>>
>>1533166
Help the staff out, report it. It has no reason to exist anymore.
If low quality spaces aren't allowed to exist, then the shitposting can only remain a constant, if they don't then it will only grow. It's a long term strategy that will hopefully payoff over time.

>>1533170
The only people talking about /qa/ on other boards is you.
>>
>>1533170
Dude, you're the sad one here for trying to fit into some sort of non existant board culture.
>>
>>1533178
>It's a long term strategy that will hopefully payoff over time.
It wont
>>
>>1533186
IT MUST!
>>
>>1533183
Yep. Still mad.
Pretty pathetic, mate. All you had to do was lurk.
>>
File: tenor.gif (2MB, 475x498px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
2MB, 475x498px
>>1533201
Why should I? I only browse threads of like 1 series anyway, I'm not trying like a to fit into an imageboard
>>
>>1533178
>mods
>having any capacity to think long term
God you're fucking dumb.
>>
>>1533142
Old /a/ had an unspoken rule about requests: The older and more obscure, the more likely you were to get helpful answers. For something you could find with a search engine, you got boku no pico.
Maybe that's obsolete or unworkable anymore, but its gotten to the point where it just looks like an excuse for newfags to call other newfags newfags.
>>
>>1533244
The ones I'm talking about are the obvious ones where it's either a bonafide newfag from facebook or someone from another board asking for recommendations (ie 'someone give me cool mature animes from the 90s to watch')
>>
File: get out of qa.png (208KB, 598x600px) Image search: [Google]
get out of qa.png
208KB, 598x600px
>>1533099
>>1533095
>>1533213
>>
Personally I think everyone should stop liking what I dislike
>>
File: 1306359541339.jpg (171KB, 1280x1347px) Image search: [Google]
1306359541339.jpg
171KB, 1280x1347px
I feel oppressed now, but I know for a fact and years of experience that when mods say will rule /a/ with an iron fist, that loose grip in a month or 2. At least they finally managed to purge generals something they have been saying since 2009.
>>
>generals not allowed on /v/
>quality of the board rapidly declines
>generals not allowed on /a/
>???

Soon there will be filename threads and webm threads, then dubfags will slowly begin to take over the board.
>>
>>1533093
/a/ has been dead since the removal of djt
>>
>>1533434
The difference is video games are for children while viewing and discussing anime is an intellectual pursuit.
>>
>>1533434
/a/ had filename threads at some point but eventually died, either because people got bored of them or someone went on an autistic crusade and called them /v/ culture and need to be removed from /a/, I don't think they will ever comeback.
>>
>>1533440
Yeah /a/ was totally dead until djt came along in what 2013?
>>
File: yugi_fail03.jpg (55KB, 717x460px) Image search: [Google]
yugi_fail03.jpg
55KB, 717x460px
>>1533434
We've had scads of cancer in the past, this time the mods are killing the healthy cells while letting the cancer grow.
>>
>get rid of boards entirely
>replace with tag system
>people who don't want to see generals filter with "anime, -general"
>others can filter "anime, ecchi, -shonenshit"
>>
Said this multiple times, mods have tried this about a dozen times before and it always results in them giving up and the board going back to being shit. At this point it's just Kinomod attention whoring as usual. The fact that so many people think this is going to change anything goes to show you just how much of /a/ is comprised of newfags from MAL and Reddit despite the board's undeserved reputation of being "the last good board on 4chan" or "the only safe haven for true oldfags"
>>1533431
>At least they finally managed to purge generals something they have been saying since 2009.
They'll just pop back up when the mods loosen up, they always return
>>
>>1533451
Thanks for proving generals don't belong on 4chan.
>>
File: sesss.png (265KB, 761x572px) Image search: [Google]
sesss.png
265KB, 761x572px
>>1533451
>taking your probability of coming across discussions you're interested in and hinging it on 4chan users being diligent enough to properly tag every post they make
>>
>>1533449
this. pre-/djt/ /a/ was crap.
>>
As a regular DJT poster, I can guarantee that everyone who mentions DJT in a positive light in /a/ meta discussions is best ignored.
>>
>>1533095
This.
>>
>>1533156
>You either remove off the people you don't like or you give them room to grow and effect the board.
Are you retarded? Do you think these people will just pack up and leave? They just make their own shitposting thread, in fact I am doing this now. I am going to start a new thread every time I want to post something.
>>
>>1533178
>Help the staff out, report it. It has no reason to exist anymore.
Now, are you just pretending to be this stupid? They can just use one of the existing thread to shitpost or make a new one without a general in it's name.
>>
File: he does it for free.png (112KB, 1786x280px) Image search: [Google]
he does it for free.png
112KB, 1786x280px
FOR FREE
>>
>It's an "/a/ mod tries to 'improve' the board for the nth time then fucks off a week later" episode

Nothing to see here
>>
>>1533244
And it's gotten to the point that you can't discuss older(3-4 years) anime at all, because no one knows about them
>>
File: cff.png (65KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
cff.png
65KB, 625x626px
>>1533442
>>
teens falling into despair over the prospect of talking about anime on a message board without forming a chatroom first
>>
>>1533556
>4chan threads need to be on topic always.
>>
>>1533556
>Everyone who I disagree with is a teen bro
>>
>>1533566
"Anime & Manga" doesn't mean "Anime & Manga-themed /b/"
>>
>>1533537
Obviously I was joking, but 4chan does attract a certain kind of anime fan and a certain kind of video game fan. In general the anime fans it attracts are a more tolerable, at least to me.
>>
>>1533571
most of the generals are hardly /b/ level. It was dumb to ban them out of /a/
>>
>>1533556
How is it a chatroom?
>>
>>1533576
>some of the generals are very clearly /b/ level, but most are only hardly /b/ level
Thanks for clarifying.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170322-174626.png (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170322-174626.png
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>1533093
Okay, so they want topics to be more focused. Fine. Generals are still going to emerge regardless, so you queermos who have your brain melting out your ears are just as fucking retarded as the mods who wasted time addressing a problem that doesn't exist.
>>
underage b&
>>
>>1533434
Filename threads are still too associated with /v/ and webm threads were a thing for some time, though they aren't too frequent, but I admit that things could always change in rather swift fashion. For example I recently saw rather populated thread asking whether some is kino and pretty much no one bothered to send them to /tv/ or actively boycott the thread, which wouldn't have happened in the past.

That also applies to various images and their sources. Also Overrated shit threads are rather pityful sight lately as majority of the posts seem to treat the thread and replies seriously.
>>
>>1533571
Make it happen
Another board for weeb containment
>>
>>1533583
It is dumb to wish for all the threads on /a/ to be on point, is the nature of any discussion on 4chan. The generals kept the shitposting of popular series contain in 1 or 2 threads.
>>
>>1533571
I think you are arguing with the guy who think, every board is "a different flavored /b/", yes, someone actually said that.
>>
Just give us /ag/ for Christ sakes.
>>
>>1533619
just post your generals here. this way you don't have to worry about any newfags showing up
>>
Why don't the mods bring back the textboards and make them more visible if they want on point discussion. It's fucking retarded to ban image threads from an imageboard
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.