[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember when internet speech was half MMO lingo I remember I'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: 1492757443374.jpg (334KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1492757443374.jpg
334KB, 640x480px
Remember when internet speech was half MMO lingo
I remember
I'd like to go back there
>>
I just want to go back to before social media and prevent it from happening. The internet from around 1998 - 2006 was the best and I pity anyone who never got to experience it.
>>
>>1533021
>The internet from around 1998 - 2006 was the best
You're about five years too late.
>>
File: 1497277540714.jpg (434KB, 600x840px) Image search: [Google]
1497277540714.jpg
434KB, 600x840px
good thing we have tenshi eating a corendog thred #29913 instead right freinds?
>>
Remember when internet speech wasn't half MMO lingo
I remember
I'd like to go back there
>>
pepperidge farms remembers
>>
I remember the first time I saw Chuck Norris jokes playing PW NWN servers.
>>
>>1533021
Don't think that's just your own opinion and not the consensus simply because this site has been overrun for years by exactly the kind of people who ruined it all and most of the rest of us outside a couple of safe havens have fled the scene faster than a Chinaman who just saw the ghost of Genghis Khan.

I just don't get why SJWs had to kill civilization.

And 4chan is truly dying quickly now, no matter how many "autists" (another trash meme) are using it.
>>
>>1533484
Who Homu here? > Tenshi eating corndog
>>
>>1533784
>I just don't get why SJWs had to kill civilization.
Because you didn't stand up to them.
>>
>>1533790
Not me. Others didn't.
>>
>>1533786
literal nuggets of shit > Who Homu here? = Tenshi eating corndog
>>
>>1533005
Let me go back
>>
most kids today don't even know kek was a wow thing...
>>
>>1534094
It's from StarCraft, then WoW. If even you, while correcting them, didn't know that, then the nu-fags (newfag millennials) who don't know about either thing are really deep in the hole of ignorance.
>>
File: 1500859469255.png (198KB, 300x384px) Image search: [Google]
1500859469255.png
198KB, 300x384px
>>1534457
>defining ignorance as a lack of online gaming knowledge
rly made me think
>>
>>1534463
It seems you are ignorant of what ignorance is.
>>
>>1534457
Ah I see, it got popular because it was korean slang.
No, everyone knows it got popular because of wow.
>>
>>1534503
It was a forced meme based on the food cake and further corruption of lel, it's only coincidental that it existed before that, do not draw lines where they don't exist because you become a behind the meme faggot
Another real-world example is numen, think it means hipster fucks who love social justice but just to get pussy right? Well it's also a word meaning the spiritual aspects of something and JUST BECAUSE they're the same word DOES NOT mean that they are in any way related in linguistic development or significance
>>
>>1535095
Honestly, this is how I always thought kek came into fruition, before I was told that it was a WoW slang beforehand.

I really don't know and have no idea how to verify which one is actually more correct, however, I'd like to think that I was originally right and it was just progression from lol>lel>kek, but I never was visiting any appropriate circles to actually judge whether that has been correct.
>>
File: zergrush.png (339KB, 489x329px) Image search: [Google]
zergrush.png
339KB, 489x329px
I'd love to join you, but that's also when I was a kid so who's to say how biased I am because life is generally better at that age?

>>1533784
>>1533790
When people say they miss the old internet it's not a coincidence that you weren't there. Get out of /qa/ and take your identity politics with you.

>>1535100
I guess I'll take a short time to "roleplay as an oldfag" as one of the raiding freaks would say and elucidate the readers of this thread.
In Starcraft, Koreans laughed with "kekekekekeke" and English users picked it up, usually but not always to mock them. Often it was associating with zerg rushing, like "zerg rush kekekekekeke". It really blew up in popularity and everyone on battle.net knew what it was, so it's not surprising Blizzard made a reference to it inside WoW.
"lel" was a mutation of "lawl" which came from a "dramatic reading" YTMND involving Eric Bauman if I remember right. I always hated "lawl" and "lel" and thankfully they didn't last very long.
>>
>>1535108
That'd make sense. I still remain unconvinced as to what the proper origin actually was, maybe it's one of the rare occasion where two influences actually fused, but most likely not. It's not that it actually matteres and I'll forget about it in a short while, but it's something I come across and ponder about from time to time.
>>
>>1533005
Yes. Do I want it to return? Hell no.
>>
File: 1503253560610.png (447KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1503253560610.png
447KB, 500x375px
2 Completely different direction with overexaggerated themes from the source material and redefined the fucking game as a shooting star trek into darkness of my shitposts is that I could get the notification area is 5tt is that the engineered bees are superior to the point of dnAPI was go to the toilet water in my shoes on reason for its unique setting and REVOLUTIONARY WAR WAS THE FIRST TIME IN THIS WAOLDD AND THE WASTELAND FOR AID IN A TACTICS THAT HAVE BEEN HERE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THIS CASE OF A FEW MINUTES LATER WHEN YOU ARE IN THIS WAOLDD AND THE FIRST TIME IN THIS COUNTRY IS THAT IT was GASAAAAAUUYYYYT I'LL be on/qa/ I'll be legendary on the surface without being noticed by the NCR and outnumbered by now I don't have a kettle on reason why the next 30th and it just keeps straining and I can still be completely uncontacted tribe did to a research team a bunch of methods and the next few months ago when he was in his early years as well join the data 6th of the second worst power armor and that the engineered bees are you feeling any better today I had to blacklist that one update changes a bunch of bullshit and the next 30th to do with my fingers and toes are just that the Institute had been hyped up with the next 30th and it just keeps straining and I can still be completely uncontacted tribe did to a research team a decade ago when he was in his early years as well join the data from their wartorn I think It'd make more sense for God to be an d for r h t r r g to get stuck in the West before the war in Afghanistan is it artificial selection if we aren't going to do with my fingers crossed the border to do with my fingers and toes in the
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.