[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anonymous imageboards and textboards are a mistake in western

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0097.gif (151KB, 500x516px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0097.gif
151KB, 500x516px
Anonymous imageboards and textboards are a mistake in western internet culture. They only have a reason to exist in a society where the righteousness of a person's action is decided by the whole society instead of by what the person wants to follow, such as Japanese culture.
If anyone admits his misbehaving in Japan, his life will be basically ruined because he loses the recognition from the whole society he depends on to thrive. As a result they behave carefully in real life. Anonymous imageboards and textboards enable them to speak what is truly in their heart because they don't have to suffer from being rejected by the whole society thanks to anonymity.
In western culture it's a whole different story. People in the west refrain from doing something because they themselves believe it is wrong instead of the would society. As a result, the primary function of anonymous communities, "to speak what is truly in their heart", doesn't work in western imageboards and textboards. Anonymity adds nothing to these people and western imageboards and textboards are basically the same as other identity-based communities. Small differences exist, however, simply because the ineffectiveness of moderation.
In conclusion, anonymous imageboards and textboards have no reason to exist in the west. 4chan is a big mistake, a pathetic failure of copying what they shouldn't have. Lool at what it has become now after the initial momentum was weared off.
>>
Still better than the alternatives with their voting and vanity points.
>>
>>1532956
tldr, you'll never be japanese, end your life
>>
Kys weeaboo
>>
Nice opinion. Good thing that you didn't bring any points either. If 4chan were more thoughtfully moderated against any kinds of retardation you would be banned.
>>
>>1532956
You have it backwards. Rampant individualism is a threat to Western culture.
>>
File: Charlie-Brown-AAUGH-ffc.jpg (43KB, 650x435px) Image search: [Google]
Charlie-Brown-AAUGH-ffc.jpg
43KB, 650x435px
>>1532956
>Anonymous imageboards and textboards enable them to speak what is truly in their heart because they don't have to suffer from being rejected by the whole society thanks to anonymity.

You mean being autistic spergs and thinking that the distorted social setting and user base beliefs and tastes are representative of real life (just like us here)?

Weeb, you EXTRMELY over exaggerate Japanese imageboard culture like its some utopia or lacks major dysfunctions.
>>
>>1532960
That basically still exists on anonymous boards though.
>>
>>1532960
Backlinks are post upvotes.
ages are thread upvotes.
4chan has no persistent voting system, but there is a voting system built into it.

The thread with the most right or most controversial opinions will rise to the top via the 4chan "meta voting system".
>>
Interesting that this kind of meta discussion isn't what the frogs want.
As predicted, their idea of meta is something entirely different and closer to /q/ wining
>>
>>1532956
>In western culture it's a whole different story. People in the west refrain from doing something because they themselves believe it is wrong instead of the would society. As a result, the primary function of anonymous communities, "to speak what is truly in their heart", doesn't work in western imageboards and textboards
That's bullshit, there's plenty to keep to yourself in the west to save face with society. Why do you think this place has been always chockfull with pedophiles and all manner of sick perverts and edgy assholes? Not to mention anime itself used to be a lot more taboo, hiding your powerlevel became a meme for a reason.
>>
>>1532956
dumb weebposter.
>>
>>1533400
no u
>>
>>1533081
Because people mistake that 4chan is reflection of society hilariously enough so people tend to spout bullshit or thoughts that nobody in real life would even think or consider seriously and dismissed out of hand.
>>
File: RIP ;__;.png (1KB, 180x100px) Image search: [Google]
RIP ;__;.png
1KB, 180x100px
>>1533071

There used to not be backlinks without that extension, and there was another obscure hero who tried warn us of just how dangerous this trend could be.
>>
>>1533771
Is there an userscript that organizes posts in the way reddit does?
>>
>>1533771
Can you please elaborate on this hero you mentioned?
>>
File: 1427593921072.jpg (102KB, 514x658px) Image search: [Google]
1427593921072.jpg
102KB, 514x658px
>>1532956
You're totally my dude, I'm gonna go talk to all my real-life friends about fucking lolis now loudly in public, because there will be no repercussions because everything I do is my choice and society has no effect on me. I think I'll fap to some henreader with my dad later on too.

Fuck off dumbass
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.