[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wonder how the mods feel about the state of /qa/? But more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: rTLggMr9c.jpg (190KB, 1000x756px) Image search: [Google]
rTLggMr9c.jpg
190KB, 1000x756px
I wonder how the mods feel about the state of /qa/? But more importantly, I would like to know WHY they feel that way.
>>
I once saw an irc chat log (not too long ago, this year for sure) of a mod telling someone complaining about /qa/ to come back with complaints about a "real board", so...
>>
>>1526596
I've seen that. I've talked to mods on irc before as well, and I'm not sure what to think of it even though it does sound like something they would say. Either way, it doesn't answer the burning question of why they feel that way about the board. If that really is the way they feel, why exactly do they hate the board so much?
>>
>>1526598
Their current dislike of /qa/ stems from the /q/-era of /qa/ c. ~2016. There are a few mods who do like /qa/, however. For example a mod moved a Cirno thread to /qa/ from /a/. Occasionally, a mod would also image dump mangas and doujins. Not to mention, /qa/ was brought back from being frozen. Of course, there's also the mod who cleans /qa/'s catalog every time the board gets flooded and also the one who cleans the board every week or so.

Granted, all of this could be the actions of just one mod, and since 4chan has the retarded policy that mods have to withhold their identity in threads we'll probably never know another mod who browses /qa/ other than modcat.
>>
>>1526711
>and also the one who cleans the board every week or so.

Not him but what does this mean?
>>
>>1526711
Yeah, some kind of internal clash of opinions makes sense given the skitzophrenic treatment this board gets.
>>
>>1526715
They'll occasionally prune /intpol9k/ shitpost threads en masse. Again, this only happens every couple of weeks.

>>1526718
I'd wager that treatment comes from the top rather than from individual mods. E.g. RapeApe really doesn't like /qa/, but other mods like blue palmtree man are neutral to /qa/. And, of course the one mod we don't know who said that /qa/ isn't /q/ obviously views /qa/ somewhat positively too.
>>
>>1526711
I don't think I like that mod/those mods very much, because they don't have an eye for quality. I think the biggest problems facing 4chan moderation is a lack of maturity and understanding of most topics, and the inability to spot low quality posts/threads on their own. I think it's because they have to deal with garbage posts on a non-stop basis for years, and over time, it slowly erodes their senses. Unfortunate corruption, and the sheer number of topics makes moderation impossible in the current state. Not that increasing the number of mods tenfold wouldn't have its unique ups and downs, but the way things currently are leave the website in a state that wears on everyone fairly heavily, whether they are willing to admit it or not. I simply fear that too much of the moderation on 4chan is unaware of its own shitpost induced blindness, causing poor moderation choices where they think they're helping.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.