[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When Hiroyuki gets the search engine working, we'll have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: tegaki.png (2KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
2KB, 400x400px
When Hiroyuki gets the search engine working, we'll have a lot of people who don't really have a home board, but will do regular site-wide searches to find the topics they are interested in. How do you think this will affect 4chan?
>>
negatively, just like pretty much every change he has ever made to the site
>>
I don't think people would really use it that way desu. Wasn't it basically working the last time he asked us to test it anyway?
>>
>>1520297
I would. I already use the archives that way a lot. It's useful. Maybe it could even be used to implement a virtual searchable /all/ board in 4chan X.
>>
>>1520297
>Wasn't it basically working the last time he asked us to test it anyway?
Well, there were bugs like /j/ being searchable (although I think that one was fixed), and there was no HTTPS support. Behind the scenes he might also be worried about performance issues.
>>
>>1520300
>performance issues
Yeah it got really slow after a while and threw out my search and instead searched for ひろゆき a few times.
>>
People are stupid. I think they'll ruin individual threads, but no grand change will happen.
>>
The more time you spent here the less likely is that you have a home board, you either get bored of the same bs repeating itself (first as tragedy, then as farce) or your interests branch out as you mature. Ignorance is indeed a bliss, ignoring what is the daily life of a board (which is not the same as being ignorant about its culture) helps you focus less on its problems and enjoy its content. Currently there's nothing that prevents you from spending more time in one board than others so I don't see how a search function is going to change the browsing habits of anyone who's mainly interested in the topics of one board in particular.

While some anons tend to identify themselves with the board they frequent the most (beginning with the old a/b divide), it's was not until a little over a decade ago that the sheer number thereof made it very difficult for the average poster to become familiar with most of 4chan, significantly widening the divide and eventually helping new boards incubate their own culture and community almost independently from the rest of the site. moot never liked this club mentality because it leads to a lot shitposting from some very entitled users who refuse to take off-topic threads in their "homeboards" to the ones were it was actually on topic and welcomed due to them wanting to discuss things with the userbase they were familiar with. Regardless he kept pandering to progressively smaller niche subcultures when adding boards.

Chances are that Hiro won't be able to get it working in the near future.
>>
>>1520268
What search engine?
>>
>>1521792
http://desuarchive.org/qa/thread/1488849/
>>
>>1521794
Thanks
>>
>>1520268
>we'll have a lot of people who don't really have a home board, but will do regular site-wide searches to find the topics they are interested in
no we won't
>>
>>1521810
We'll at the very least have me. I doubt I'm alone.
>>
File: 1455203528765.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px)
1455203528765.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
>When Hiroyuki gets the search engine working
>>
>>1521827
He sure took a while, and I didn't really expect to see it happening, but we've seen the prototype now. I would hope he wouldn't just abandon it at this stage.
>>
If it were me I'd search buzzwords to see all the valid arguments being raised at which frequency across every board.
>>
>>1523248
You can already pretty much do that with all the fuuka archives.

Their existence makes this idea seem pretty pointless to me.
>>
>>1523397
Just a lot more convenient to have all the boards in one place. 4tan was going to be that, but the search there hasn't been working for a while.
>>
>>1520268
>>
>>1523397
You overestimate the average 4chan user. I bet most of them aren't even aware of the external archives.
>>
>>1524269
Pretty much. moot also said 90%a given board's population was lurkers.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.