[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was 14 years old in 2001 when I bought my first PHP and JavaScript

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1502411360469.jpg (68KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
1502411360469.jpg
68KB, 410x410px
I was 14 years old in 2001 when I bought my first PHP and JavaScript books for self study but never went anywhere with them. In 2011 I took a couple of introductory C++ and Java courses at a community college and was seemingly the only person who was able to master the material and get an A in the class.

I am now 30 years old and make a living as a freeter doing menial jobs living in my mother's basement. What gives?
>>
>>1515494
Some people just aren't natural coders. There is no shame in it.
>>
File: 1501760549244.png (10KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1501760549244.png
10KB, 645x773px
>>1515498
But I was the only one in class who managed to get it. I should theoretically be able to get a coding job I just don't have a degree and i can't get experience in lieu of a degree because to get experience you need a degree.
>>
You're 30 years old and posting Wojak and JUST memes in 2017.
>>
>>1515514
What of it? We can't all be wall street bankers with amazing lives.
>>
>>1515506
You might have been the only one to be able to grasp it but that doesn't mean you 'got' it. If you had you would know it by now. Companies in the IT field hire people all the time with no education
but tons of experience. I had an old college roommate who was in his 40s going back to get a CS degree, but he was already a full time PHP coder making over $100K/year

>>1515526
Don't listen to that guy, I know wall street daytraders who post here only with frogs.
>>
>>1515527
>You might have been the only one to be able to grasp it but that doesn't mean you 'got' it. If you had you would know it by now.
I'm pretty sure I got it I just don't have a clear path to getting any work, rentacoder.com used to be an okay place to get projects but it turned into some weird general freelancing site dominated by pajeets, I may be naive or experiencing wishful thinking but I feel if a junior level PHP dev position fell in my lap tomorrow I'd be able to knock it out of the park.
>>
>>1515494
You're lucky OP

While it's unfortunate to have to leech off parents, if it weren't for the guilt that would be the best lifestyle there is.

Work is unbearably soul sucking. I genuinely feel that every aspect of my being that we good and special is completely suppressed and stifled by being in the workforce. Anyone who thinks we aren't basically slaves or that this is an acceptable way to live is a fucking moron (e.g. most people)
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.