[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yoga breathing techniques. How much of this is mystical BS a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

Yoga breathing techniques.
How much of this is mystical BS and how much of this is proven to work?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pranayama
>>
In short, the western science route decided to say
nah...I'll prove my own rules for the world!
What is happening now in science is that in doing so, they are coming to the conclusion that the East was always right.
>>
meditating has been proven to reduce stress and some companies are offering it so that their employees are happier and have less stress related health problems
>>
>>1513950
True. If you look at the ancient teachings and practices it's clear that they studied and experienced aspects of the world beyond our senses. The Tao and Elemental forces explained how these subtle forces were combined to create the greater perceivable forces. Research hermeticism and the history of Thoth (Hermes Trigmegistus). It seems that teachings in ancient Egypt, China, and the Vedic period all have a common origin.

OP read Raja Yoga by Vivekananda. He explains Pranayama techniques and some of the basics of meditation. The Hemi-Sync tapes might be useful too. The CIA has done some extensive research on brainwave syncronization.
These docs are interesting if you haven't read them.

>>>/x/19420671
>>
that depends upon what portion of eastern medicine you are talking about since that term covers a broad category of subjects
>>
Example:
Western science is getting to a point where they are quantifying what has been known as "Chi" for thousands of years in the East with 'nah...I'll prove my own rules for the world "Physics"'

http://www.ep-conference.org/events-2017
Maybe I'll see you at #8
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.