[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that people in the future will be very jealous of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1484158096387.png (190KB, 1000x1399px) Image search: [Google]
1484158096387.png
190KB, 1000x1399px
Reminder that people in the future will be very jealous of the fact that you were around to use 4chan and 4chan in general be highly romanticized.
>>
>>1511583
and 60 year old, oldfags from /b/ will tell em that it wasn't that great after X year lmao
>>
I'll tell them the truth
>>
I suppose anything is possible.
>>
>>1511583
We've already done a good deal of romanticizing of ourselves without having to wait for the future.
>>
I don't think you should associate with people like that
>>
Older 4chan is already romanticised.

If this place is still up in 10 years there'll be people who say this place used to be good, referring to 2017 because right now they're having the time of their lives on here.
>>
>>1511583
It is hard to imagine this being true. The children of the millennial aren't going to care about quaint things like obscure turn-of-the-century imageboards and their ancient memes.
>>
File: 1252580961902.png (50KB, 627x620px)
1252580961902.png
50KB, 627x620px
>>1511583
Four years ago I would have never imagined that 4chan would spawn a political movement
Eight years ago I never imagined that it would become the cultural center of the Internet
Twelve years ago I never imagined that it would survive another month
4chan is eternally full of surprises. Who knows what the future holds for us?
All I know is that I hate you all and that I'll miss you when it's gone.
>>
>>1512972
There'll surely be some surprises in the future but right now I honestly can't see anything topping /pol/ unless 4chan accidently kills anime, starts a war or contacts fucking aliens or something, we're always in for surprises though. I think the next big deal will be /pol/ again in 4 years or maybe sooner. At this point I just want to see what this site has become capable of.

>All I know is that I hate you all and that I'll miss you when it's gone.
You're here forever.
>>
>>1512979
>starts a war
That sounds pretty likely given the scenarios that the person you're replying to mentioned.
>>
>>1512982
>The hacker known as 4chan writes a fanfic of Kim Jong Un playing watersports
>Mainstream Media circulates it
>Unsavory memes of Fat Kim circulate
>Kim gets butthurt
>Drops an ICBM on Guam
>Pyongyang turns into glass
>Seoul is pulverized by artillery
>All of the mutual hate between all of the countries of East Asia immediately rekindles in nuclear hellfire

Sounds alarmingly plausible.
>>
>>1511640
this, as proven by this very thread
>>
>>1512972
>Four years ago I would have never imagined that 4chan would spawn a political movement
4chan didn't "start a political movement", 4chan was pulled into a political movement. Please learn the difference.
>>
>>1513003
The term "Alt-Right" was applied after /pol/ pretty much formed the core of it. It's not exclusively the creation of /pol/, but you'd be naive to think it wasn't a huge part of it, and I'd even go as far as to say that /pol/ formed the core of it. Either way, it existed and flourished on /pol/ for months before the label "Alt-Right" was applied to it (and initially rejected by it along with a whole lot of "Who the fuck is this faggot?" when Richard Spencer first came on the scene)
The political movement that 4chan started isn't a variation of Right politics, though - whatever actual right-wingers are there are pretty much just there for the ride - most articulate political stance you'll see on /pol is "Free helicopter rides" after all. It's just a bizarre fusion of rallying behind a candidate who amounts to little more than a really hilarious troll who happens to be a Republican, and an interest in dredging skeletons out of the closets of insanely corrupt Democrats while LARPing as Neo-Nazis in order to promote lots of triggering and keks.
It's the political equivalent of Habbo Hotel, basically. /pol/ did it for the lulz, nothing more and nothing less.
>>
One thing I always found fascinating is how my perception of 4chan history wildly differs from other people's. For example, I first heard about Reddit back when it literally had less traffic than 4chan, and once it eclipsed 4chan in popularity people spammed the google stats about it for like an entire week. The only reason I even knew about Reddit back then was because people on this site kept bringing it up as a boogeyman. A couple of days ago I was browsing a thread on /tv/ and a guy in it seemed to genuinely believe Reddit hate only really started in 2016 because of elections. What the heck?

/pol/ is another similar subject. I remember when moot made /new/, but threatened to delete if it becomes Stormfront. That's what happened to it, and that's what he did. Then some time later he recreated the board as /pol/, a lot less serious incarnation of it, and let people do pretty much whatever they wanted there. So I always thought of /pol/ as a funposting board, so whenever I see people talking about how /pol/ used to be good, I find it weird to read, since it was literally created as a meme board from day one.

The same goes for the stuff >>1512972 mentioned. He never imagined 4chan as the cultural center of the internet eight years ago? That's back when 4chan's relevance was at its peak. 4chan was literally the front page of the internet in mid to late 00s, everyone knew about the site, and either visited it, or was too afraid to visit it. /b/ back then was ten times more well known than /pol/ is today. Chances are, if you ask your average tech-savvy thirty year old about 4chan, he'd say something like "Oh, I remember that site! What, is it still around? I haven't even thought about it for years!", it's like how you would react when someone reminded you of that one webcomic you used to read ten years ago as a teen.
>>
File: image.png (141KB, 637x431px)
image.png
141KB, 637x431px
>>1513009
>/pol/ did it for the lulz
If I could believe this, and I did early on in the election season, I would be fine with it. I think it may have been that way early on for a bit, but it ultimately attracted people who actually believe they are ``doing the right thing''.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.