[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come 4chan is the dominant cultural force of the Internet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1474096493041.jpg (372KB, 1803x1351px) Image search: [Google]
1474096493041.jpg
372KB, 1803x1351px
How come 4chan is the dominant cultural force of the Internet while not having the highest amount of viewers?

It is pretty obvious this place pretty much controls and influences the behavior across the internet yet it doesn't get the traffic that call for it.
>>
Pickle Rick hype was reddit wasn't it?
This places influence is waning imo
>>
>>1510200
>4chan is the dominant cultural force of the Internet
What makes you think that?
>>
>>1510205
That only because a hivemind of autist who can't stand anything reddit likes when in reality there are many who like the show regardless.
However I would admit it is waning but I see 4chan still the main exporter here.

>>1510211
>Most GOOD memes are from here
>Influence on politics
>Pony shit started here
>Everywhere else screencaps 4chan
>Weaponized autism
It all points to here friend.
>>
>>1510200
I really don't know if that's nearly as true today as it once was.

However my theory has always been that it's the formats of various websites. Other formats are much more rigid. Could you imagine spending all that time building up a "internet reputation" and then also being carefree enough to talk about your deep desire to fondle a giant pair of futanari balls, or post content you know people always view as cancer but doing it in a really opportune moment that actually makes it hilarious?
(The latter happens far less today than it used to since most people are so fucking serious and can't drop their internet wars for a few seconds to laugh every once in a while)

Also, even if someone did post something really "spontaneous" and fun on other sites the weight of their past deeds and any opinions they're known to have within the community (or how much "upvotes" or other bullshit points/badges they have on their profile) have an effect too.
>>
>>1510221
>Most GOOD memes are from here
Name a good 4chan meme from the last 5 years.

>Influence on politics
4chan doesn't influence politics, 4chan is influenced by politics from the outside.

If you made this thread 10 years ago, you might have had a point.
>>
File: 1480766391490.png (278KB, 1400x569px)
1480766391490.png
278KB, 1400x569px
>>1510227
>>
4chan now is where SA was in the early noughties -- at its apogee, notorious, but essentially cliche with nowhere to go but down. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
>>
>>1510200
I think twitter is the dominant cultural force of the internet right now, even nips use it
>>
>>1510229
>at it's apogee
>nowhere to go but down
These aren't really comparable analogies.
>>
>>1510234
I think there were a lot of threads a few months ago saying that 4chan was starting to look more and more like Twitter.
>>
>>1510235
It's not an analogy it's a description of the current state of affairs.
>>
File: 1473652203188.jpg (361KB, 1600x1067px)
1473652203188.jpg
361KB, 1600x1067px
>>1510706
MAGA
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.