[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you ever use 4chan openly and unapologetically in front of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1481624738227.jpg (66KB, 600x461px) Image search: [Google]
1481624738227.jpg
66KB, 600x461px
Do you ever use 4chan openly and unapologetically in front of normal people?

I hypothesize that 4chan's "underground" nature is overplayed and that more people use it than we think. If you really wanted to be a special snowflake and get away from the normals you'd go to Hotwheelschan or something.
>>
Alt-chans still exist but they upset a lot of people, especially 8 because they have a large amount of /pol/ users but it does have some pretty good boards. I enjoy their /d/ too for example.
And, no, I've never done that. This site still has a dicey reputation and I don't see why I would be posting when I'm socializing.
>>
No, but it is definitely overplayed. Not wanting to get doxxed and lose my job for saying "nigger" on the internet is underground and edgy, apparently. I don't really see the point in talking about it openly either.
>>
>>1509563
People like you are normalfags. I love when idiots make these threads using the expression normalfags and you reply to them unaware of the fact you're one yourself. "Socializing". Pfft. Get a load of this guy. I don't ever go outside much less take my phone when doing so, but when I do, I don't make the case of caring about what some semi-conscious slave normalfag thinks or doesn't think about me, I care as much about these inferior creatures as they care about starving niggers in Africa.
>>
shift+w for 4chanx users
>>
>>1509557
While in Uni I browsed sfw boards while sitting near the front of class.

I remember the day I was browsing /k/ and a friend message me on facebook to get off of /k/ because a shooting at another University had happen.
>>
>>1509557
I live in Mexico where 4chan is still in muh sekrit club territory, I browse sfw boards in public and no one says anything they just see a bunch of english text, one time I left /qa/ open and let a friend come into my house and he said, ¨what are you doing? browsing 4chan?¨ (in spanish) he probably just looked at the banner, I said ¨yeah there's nothing to do¨ and closed the tab
>>
My first experience with seeing somebody browse 4chan in public was in a mid level engineering course at the state university I was attending in late 2010. It was a archetypal fat sweaty autism Lord browsing /r9k/ and reddit on his Mac book in the front of the classroom in full view of everyone. I personally browsed nsfw boards in random bars and Starbucks well into 2014 but became super apprehensive about it thereafter. As weird as it is the kids who discuss 4chan memes the most these days in public seem to be random black and Hispanic teenagers they seem to love /v/. Last time I was browsing 4chan on a bench in central park some niglet next to me kept on looking at my phone then me with a perplexed look on his face.

I dread the day where I'm caught lurking a nsfw board by one of those feminist types at a Starbucks I'm not psychologically equipped to deal with the negative attention.
>>
>>1510309
>they seem to love /v/
Sasuga, teenagers love videogames. I think /v/ is the board with more normalfags
>>
I browse /an/, /qa/, and /vg/ openly at work. /qa/ gets a little dicey with the faggot anime shit on here, but I'm convinced no one has looked at me browsing long enough to see it and even if they did, they'd just think I like hentai or some shit.
>>
The only person I have ever shown 4chan to didn't get it and I immediately regretted the decision. That was back in 2007 and I've made it a point never to involve other people since. Beyond stealthily browsing from bars, where nobody can tell I'm not reading fucking reddit.
>>
I read threads in public on my phone but generally don't post unless someone has a question I can answer. I don't really browse Yotsuba A boards in general. Several years ago when I was reading the Jay while taking the train, a person tapped me on the shoulder and showed me his laptop which was a notepad file which read '/b/?'. I smiled and said no, and fortunately the next stop was my station.
>>
>>1510548
>a person tapped me on the shoulder and showed me his laptop which was a notepad file which read '/b/
Why was he so clandestine about it?
>>
>>1509557
I did in college sometimes, I don't think it was as well known back then though.
>>
>>1510572
I don't know. I didn't recognise him, but I seem to remember having headphones in so maybe he didn't want to disturb me.
>>
>>1509557
Everyone who browses 4chan in plain view should be shot.
>>
>>1511145
kys
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.