[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about 4chan X adding board tips? https://

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7

What do you think about 4chan X adding board tips?

https://www.4chan-x.net/qa_instructions.png
>>
It's pretty cool.
I've never asked for a mod's opinion on the image, but I guess they approve of it.
>>
Good.
>>
File: Just Right.jpg (184KB, 839x1023px) Image search: [Google]
Just Right.jpg
184KB, 839x1023px
Thank you.
>>
>>1504051
Um, 4chan X guy isn't a mod.
>>
>>1504055
Oh, and to answer OP, it's great. Good work.
>>
File: 1483837623437.png (983KB, 1300x810px) Image search: [Google]
1483837623437.png
983KB, 1300x810px
what message do i get if im not new!
>>
>4chan X adding
Its open source, anyone can add things to it, and i'm assuming the hyperautist anti-meta spammer did it.
>>
>>1504315
https://github.com/ccd0/4chan-x/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md
>All changes to the script are chosen by and the fault of the maintainer (ccd0).
>>
>>1504368
>chosen by
Now reread my post and kill yourself.
>>
File: 1494827992225.jpg (57KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1494827992225.jpg
57KB, 640x480px
>>1504379
Why don't you try adding http://desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/qa/image/1501/63/1501634786223.png ?
>>
>>1504386
To what?
>>
>>1504389
To 4chan X, of course. Anyone should be able to do it.
>>
>>1504395
Because it would take effort and convincing, I don't have the autism to will me to do it like he does. Why don't you go do a 4k marathon? Anyone can do one if they put their minds to it!
>>
>>1504397
So, what you're saying is that it took great effort for anyone who tried to make the change and that it's not something everyone would be willing to take?

Seems kind of strange seeing how you were typing that anyone can add anything to 4chan X as if it was easy.
>>
¥tfw ccd0 is slowly going blind and there is nothing we can do about it
>>
>>1504411
are you being ironic?
>>
>>1504397
You're the one who said anyone can add things to it
>>1504315
>anyone can add things to it
See? Right there.
>>
>>1504419
The fact you CAN do something doesn't make it TRIVIAL, as pointed out in my question to you.
You COULD run a 4k marathon, but you WON'T because it isn't easy for you to lift up your fat flabs for extended periods of time.
This has been your lesson for today, goodbye!
>>
^ mad
>>
>>1504420
So you're saying that it's no big deal that this was added to 4chanx and that it has no real significance, but it's a big deal so there's no point in doing it because it would take significant effort?
>>
metafags blown the fuck out, how will they ever recover?
>>
File: 1470738784006.png (41KB, 1280x427px) Image search: [Google]
1470738784006.png
41KB, 1280x427px
>>1504420
>goodbye!
>>
>>1504315
You all realize there is a commit log, right?
https://github.com/ccd0/4chan-x/commit/a751c74797e34cdd5225faebd74d434fff1f94a1
>>
>>1504420
>You COULD run a 4k marathon
No I couldn't, because a 4k marathon isn't a thing.
>>
>>1504424
You realise some people can find things more significant than other people, and that your ability to tell someones pettiness or autism is independent of that, no?
>>
>>1504428
yeah i dont really know much about github, i just wanted to stir the pot and failed
although theres probably an actual point to be made about them linking to a bait image unironically
>>
>>1504447
But it's not a bait image?
>>
>>1504448
>he fell for it
maybe i shouldnt have let the secret out
>>
>>1504450
I don't know why you attempt to fool people. You only make yourself out as a fool. Day in and day out you make a fool of yourself.
>>
>>1504450
So, you're the one posting it?
>>
>>1504457
hot take: meta threads are bad isnt the popular opinion on /qa/
hotter take: that image was constructed to bait people who think meta threads are good into responding
>>
>>1504460
sometimes, if i think a threads gonna be juicy, but its mostly 1 guy
>>
>>1504462
So, what made you convinced that the other person posting it is baiting with it?

Also, please stop trying to stir up trouble, such behaviour isn't very welcome around here, most regulars seem to prefer nice atmosphere, not endless shitflinging.
>>
File: 1437746837136.png (66KB, 342x245px) Image search: [Google]
1437746837136.png
66KB, 342x245px
>some dev from outside the website is the one who gave instructions on how to use the board instead
>>
My 4chanx just updated. And all my catalog filters are gone.

Well, fuck you too, ccd0.
>>
>>1504467
no one's putting a gun to your head to use a third party extension
>>
>>1504468
Your catalog filters (I'm assuming you use the native catalog) have nothing to do with 4chan X. You probably cleared your cookies.
>>
>>1504466
it doesnt matter if theyre posting it as bait, i dont think they are, but it is bait nonetheless
its extremely condescending, has anime images for no other reason than to trigger meta posters, and is exclusively posted in meta threads
it has a good mix of truth and bullshit that stirs people who think theyre smart to respond but still gives plausible deniability for further baiting
/qa/ was garbage before i arrived and it will be garbage when i leave, why not treat myself when the fruit is so ripe?
>>
>>1504468
Works fine on my machine?
>>
>>1504481
>has anime images for no other reason than to trigger meta posters

wew
>>
>>1504486
you disagree?
>>
>>1504481
>meta posters
Oh is that what you call yourselves now.
>>
>>1504489
i just troll my man, youre thinking about it too hard
>>
>>1504481
Bait implies that the poster actually tries to bait people, meaning he/she doesn't take the stance associated with the picture and merely tries to stir up trouble, thus if the person actually does take the stance the picture seems to convey. I suppose you can still call it bait picture if it's used for baiting purposes and/or was designed to bait people, however, if it's not actually meant to disingenuously get responses, then it's not a bait in such case. It's like asking whether Barneyperson is baiting, because if you think that he isn't, then the other guy posting the metapicture possibly isn't either. Maybe you think both are baiting, but in that case I don't think I'd agree with how the term baiting is being applied.

Still, some people are actually trying to use this board for something that isn't just endlesse larping and try to make proper quality posts and discuss topics, don't you think it's not nice for you to use this place as your latrine then?
>>
>>1504475
Just checked, I indeed use native catalog. But filters disappeared right after 4chan-x update and since I live alone I never clear my browsing history and cookies.

So script update somehow fucked up with my 4chan settings. Well, it's not a big deal. I had like 40 filters for /jp/, but since now I rarely visit this board I can live without them.
>>
>>1504495
I can answer for him. "I am just trolling xD"
>>
>>1504461
>meta threads are bad
That's not what the image says, it's just what you interpret it as. In reality, it only provides objectively correct information, such as:
- "you will not get a moderator response here" (true; only 3 capcode posts directly addressing site issues have been made on /qa/ this year, and 2 of them pertain to the same issue that was also brought up numerous times on IRC and feedback)
- if you're looking to get in touch with a mod, you should use IRC (true; mods almost never post on /qa/, but are on IRC literally all the time)
- suggestions and complaints should be submitted to the feedback page (true; see the feedback categories)
- the feedback page is regularly read by moderators (true; see the aforementioned capcode post)
>that image was constructed to bait people who think meta threads are good into responding
That image was constructed collaboratively for informative purposes. I know because I was the person who asked the creator to instruct users to PM moderators instead of talking in the main chat. I've also seen posters who managed to solve their problems by following those instructions, and I myself have used the 4chan IRC channel to clear up doubts regarding moderation policy.
>>1504462
>its mostly 1 guy
I post that image quite frequently, but more than a few times I was unable to because someone beat me to it.
>>
Regardless of your wackjob theories, the image was made in an attempt to diffuse the /mlpol/ situation I was predicting would escalate after April 1st.
The image was made as a tool to disarm the people who try to convince others that /qa/ is a good option when it comes to getting the attention of mods.
>>
File: 1499656431341.png (75KB, 281x400px) Image search: [Google]
1499656431341.png
75KB, 281x400px
@Everyone
The image was made by spinoffers to neuter meta threads before they start gaining traction. No true /qa/ user cared about people complaining about their boards, its what made /qa/ so great. You already have your 2dr, least you could do is not try and convince people you used anything other than dirty tricks to get it.
>no youre so butthurt complaints killed /q/ x3
You don't even believe that one.
>>
>>1504513
>>>/v/
>>
/qa/ always wins baby
>>
>>1504514
Honestly I didn't even mean to post that image, it sucks that it gives cunts like you ammunition to not respond to the points but I didn't expect a response anyway.
>>
>>1504518
Why even use the picture then, it drags down the quality of your points. All it does is make it seem as if you are just baiting.
>>
>>1504518
Subconsciously you did. Everything you've said is subconscious, and you can guise it as trolling or irony but we can see right through you.
>>
>>1504521
>Honestly I didn't even mean to post that image
i.e. I accidentally posted it.
>>1504523
This is my first post in this thread you paranoid freak.
>>
>>1504524
Do you feel... paranoid? Interesting.
>>
>>1504513
>The image was made by spinoffers
What makes you say that?
>neuter meta threads before they start gaining traction
This is simply not true. As I said here >>1504502 that image is only relevant to and only posted in meta threads whose goal is to garner a direct response from the mods rather than generate user discussion.
>>
>>1504518
>Honestly I didn't even mean to post that image
Of course you didn't, but you did, and you outed yourself not only as a /v/ poster, but as a cancerous console war poster.
>>
>>1504518
I'm fairly certain that meta threads are still welcomed in general, I made quite a bit of them myself over the time and didn't get almostt any negative replies, it has to go more with threads complaining about being banned, asking about why some /tv/-esque garbage got deleted and generally poorly made posts complaing about how mods are corrupted and suck.

And that image doesn't even need to be taken negatively or to stifle meta discussion, since there is little to no moderation feedback to be discussed here, I can't actually think of a single example when the post in question wasn't absolute garbage actually worth deleting, it usually goes like this: Someone posts their ban, people ask for link to the post, someone posts it, people laugh at the person and say he deserved the ban. That's pretty much it, sometimes the banned person tries to defend himself, but that ultimately doesn't matter, so moderation discussion like this is basically pointless, but I'm willing to be proven wrong.
>>
>>1504530
A collaboration between 3 spinoffers isn't a collaboration by old /qa/ - in fact, why am I even responding to you, you know i'm right and thats all that matters.
I hope all of you kill yourselves painfully and slowly, but not slowly enough to be able to make another garbage 4chan post.
>>
/qa/ always wins baby
>>
>>1504540
"Spinoffer" doesn't mean "person I disagree with". Stop pulling shit out of your ass.
>you know i'm right
You still haven't provided any arguments other than "I'm right because I say so".
>>
>>1504540
Wow after reading that childish outburst I'm entirely convinced that your right.
>>
>>1504543
>>1504545
You made 2 more garbage posts after I asked you not too, wtf!
>>
>>1504497
I realized what the problem must be. You have the filters set on the http version of 4chan, and 4chan X is now auto-redirecting to https. So to get your filters back, you need to turn off "Redirect to HTTPS" in your settings, go to the http native catalog, export your settings, and then import them to the https version. Then it would probably be a good idea to turn "Redirect to HTTPS" back on because otherwise you're still going to be dealing with having two copies of your settings.
>>
bump for OP
>>
That's nice.
>>
>>1504048
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.