[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need your help /qa/ I don't usually post more than once

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 9

I need your help /qa/
I don't usually post more than once or twice a month anywhere on the Internet and I want to change this, but I rely too heavily on feedback. I don't post something unless I think it is essential for it to be posted, or I don't think anyone else will post what I have to say. But most importantly, I only post when it is likely I will be responded to, or have my post positively received.
I've ruined great threads for myself because once I write a post, my mind is fixated on what people thought about it, when someone will reply to it, and if my post is ignored or is poorly received I get a bad feeling in my stomach like I'm about to throw up. Of course, when I make a post that people really like I feel pure euphoria the likes of which last for weeks, that make me feel butterflies when I think back on them.
I don't understand how the vast majority of you fags do this shit, you people who post over 20 times in one thread, are you just extroverted normalfags? Is it in my dna to forever be a lurker, or can I change? Do I need to remove all emotion from the posting process? How would I do this?
One other factor to my lack of posts is fear of polluting the places I hold dear to my heart. Places where I deeply care for the quality of posts I fear of contributing because I do think think I am as skilled a poster as the rest. I fear by wanting to help make the community I love better I will do the opposite and contribute to it's downfall.
Please give me advice or your thoughts.
>>
I don't think /qa/ is too difficult to adapt to.
>>
File: 1445199169966.gif (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1445199169966.gif
55KB, 500x500px
>is poorly received I get a bad feeling in my stomach like I'm about to throw up.
That happens to me in other websites not here, is because here is anonymous and I don't care about what other anons think of me, even If I did and get that feeling in my stomach I can always keep posting and make better posts because i'm anonymous, I don't need an alt to keep my main account untainted or something like that.
>I don't understand how the vast majority of you fags do this shit, you people who post over 20 times in one thread
Nah i'm just bored and start to post whatever comes to my mind the second I see the OP most of the time. And you can change btw I used to lurk and be kind of like you on the first 4 or 5 months I started using this website I only posted 3 times but now I don't care.
>>
Being a lurker is by no means a bad thing, but you should keep in mind that anonymous posts are about their content, not their author. Learn to shed your identity.
>>
>>1503776
You're right, I decided to make this thread on /qa/ because there's already so much trash here it doesn't bother me too much if I add to it, but also some of 4chan's best and brightest take refuge here and I think /qa/ users are most likely to have something interesting or insightful to say on this topic. My predicament mostly applies to places with a higher standard of quality than this.

>>1503788
>>1503792
I know the fact that I'm anonymous should make my problem non existent but it's not really that I'm scared of people thinking I make bad posts, it's more to do with my ego maybe. I feel ashamed and sick when I've made a post that nobody cares about and despite the fact that I instantly have a clean slate and am visibly the same as everyone else I still feel a great sense of shame and discouragement. I know objectively anonymous posts are about their content and that's how I treat almost everybody else but I just can't seem to be able to separate my own ego and emotions from the posts I make.
>>
>>1503857
>I'm scared of people thinking I make bad posts, it's more to do with my ego maybe. I feel ashamed and sick when I've made a post that nobody cares about and despite the fact that I instantly have a clean slate and am visibly the same as everyone else I still feel a great sense of shame and discouragement.
I used to have similar feelings and still do to some extent. In some ways I've never outgrown those feelings but through post I've learned what to and not to post on given communities. It's sort of like learning a language; you can spend all day doing grammar drills and memorizing sentence structure and word forms but if you don't put any of that to practice or experiment with it through conversations or writing in the language then you'll never feel comfortable with the language. Just start posting and interacting with the communities you want to and see what the response is and how the other community members respond.
>>
File: Realize.jpg (246KB, 712x799px) Image search: [Google]
Realize.jpg
246KB, 712x799px
Every person has a pair of eyes that can only read from post to post. All it takes, is a quick scroll to neglect what you submitted, making you feel how you feel. Verbosity does not guarantee feedback. It's genuineness that attracts the real eyes, and often brings them back maybe even hours after they read your post. A post with genuine worthiness is that of a seed, which is planted in the minds of those that Matter. You may never see results, but rest assured, it's been read.

There are two different reasons people on /a/ tell others to kill themselves. One stems from hatred of others, rooted by their own self-hatred. The other, is a philosophical standpoint of reminding you to kill your Ego, because the Ego can be inappropriate in the manner of Anonymous context. This means there are two ways to interpret such a simple phrase, and two different ways to feel about it. A shift in perspective is all it takes to control your spiritual journey and how it effects your future contributions.

A lurker has more influence than those who post mindlessly. Much more than you think. There's no need to change your ways, sit back and let yourself act when your heart feels right.
>>
>>1503759
>>
Disable "(You)"
>>
>>1503759
>>
>>1504794
How would that help? You'd still see the presence or absence of backlinks.
>>
holy shit nigga its an anonymous imageboard wtf are you talking about just walk away are you fucking ill lmao
>>
>>1503759
>I don't usually post more than once or twice a month anywhere on the Internet
That's quite often compared to me, somewhat amusingly.

In any case, I definitely understand how you feel, generally speaking. Especially in regards to the part about lowering the quality of places you actually care about by posting. That being said, my advice would basically just be to post when you feel posting is warranted, as you seem to be saying you already do, perhaps with the difference of trying to practice thinking of your posts by their content, rather than by the fact that you authored them.

Or maybe this is horrible advice. Regardless, it may serve as a decent alternative perspective.
>>
>>1503759
From the style of your posting and from the content of your thoughts I feel safe to assume that you have a severally long and hard cylindrical piece of concrete up your arse which is forcing you to contain all the shit you produce into your body, leaving no other exit than your mouth: such is the reason why everything you say has this pathologically anal flavour, and such is the reason why your guts feel a sense of euphoria when you find other fecal matter gourmets who share the same coprophagous interest as you.

tl;dr you are a piece of shit who only gets along with other pieces of shit
>>
File: 1470949410078.png (91KB, 336x523px) Image search: [Google]
1470949410078.png
91KB, 336x523px
>>1507226
>>
>>1503759
I post because I feel as if there is a need to post.
If I stop, well then it's the same as erasing myself from existence.
I think what you describe is the fear of expressing yourself in front of others.
It's not introversion, it's just that you have yourself mentally hardwired to worry about the opinions of others.

Try to make it your goal to annoy people for a bit and see if that helps? I dunno, I'm just free thinking.
>>
>>1507318
I don't really want to annoy people but I understand what you're saying, and I think you're right in that I'm mentally hardwired to worry about the opinions of others. I don't really know what to add other than that, I suppose forcing myself to post will make this problem go away over time. Some of the shittier boards here would make good training grounds.
>>
File: 1355945362414.png (182KB, 368x432px) Image search: [Google]
1355945362414.png
182KB, 368x432px
>>1503759
I felt the same way, but I learned that as long as your posts are of the same quality as the average post on the forum/board or whatever you're posting on, then there's no need to worry since you won't be dragging the quality down. Besides, the only real way to become a better poster is by posting more often, getting feedback from said posts, and getting more comfortable as a result. I remember that I was extremely nervous to the point that my hands were shaking whenever posted and I would often check to see if my post was positively received, and I felt really shitty if no one replied to it or disagreed. I also did my share of blunders when I was new, but as time went on my blunders became fewer and fewer, probably because of me becoming older and becoming a better poster, and my definition of what constitutes a blunder changing, like how I'm more confident with my opinions now and not seeing someone disagreeing with me as a blunder. Besides, 4chan's a great place for this since you're anonymous, and no one's going to remember you for your past fuck ups.

As time went on I became more "indifferent" when it came to my posts, and I wouldn't feel as bad if I made a poorly received post, and not as happy either if I made a post that was positively received. With that said I still have a fear of my posts being poorly received on certain topics even though I post quite regularly now, much more often now than I used to back when I first began browsing this site. I think being concerned how you're received in social interactions is a pretty normal concern for most people.

The point I was trying to make if it wasn't clear is that you should just make posts that are of the same quality as the place you're currently browsing, and becoming a "great poster" is something that you do over time.

Also your post reminds me so much of myself when I first came here that it's kind of cute.
>>
>>1503759
Also what forum is of so high quality that you feel so insecure about posting? I felt the same way, but when I look at it now I don't see why I was so afraid of posting in the first place. I understand it if you don't want to share it in order to not pollute the place.
>>
File: 1456835227018.gif (402KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1456835227018.gif
402KB, 480x270px
>>
File: 1455000475767.jpg (71KB, 386x571px) Image search: [Google]
1455000475767.jpg
71KB, 386x571px
>>1503759
I'm like you. Do you perhaps suffer from social anxiety in real life?
>>
>>1509366
I'm bad at talking to people in real life so I don't have any friends, and the problems I have with face to face communication are the same problems I have with posting, except worse because at least online I can take time to arrange my thoughts and put them into words.

That might not be what social anxiety is though. Sorry for the slight blog post.

>>1507378
Yeah, the worries I have will surely dissipate over time as I do it more. Still, while I'm having an easy time responding to posts in this thread I'm definitely not in my comfort zone doing it elsewhere yet.

>>1507412
A board not belonging to 4chan, although I've been there so long that it's kind of reclined without me contributing. And you're right in that it's an irrational fear but if I made a post there that was really stupid or embarrassing it would irreversibly alter my relationship with the place despite my anonymity.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.