[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>hidden tags, deleted posts and banned artists can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 1490206493351.jpg (95KB, 969x523px) Image search: [Google]
1490206493351.jpg
95KB, 969x523px
>hidden tags, deleted posts and banned artists can't be accessed through danbooru's API anymore
What now?
>>
>>1497839
all is lost
By the way do the older versions of the script work?
>>
>>1497839
Use sankaku
>>
>>1497840
never mind, I think they don't
>>
>>1497840
Of course they don't.
It's over, unless we could get some rich anons to buy danbooru gold and scrape the website to restore it possibly in a distributed way but that's a huge task and we all know this will never happen.

>>1497841
>shitkaku
Danbooru has the best tags of any booru site by far.
>>
Already posted about it in the /jp/ thread, but yeah, it's a bummer. The "curated" nature of danbooru along with tags makes it my choice for browsing. Pixiv obviously is the best for following an artist and such, but danbooru introduced me to more artists.
>>
>>1497845
Yeah but pixiv (or nijie) tags are garbage and may miss stuff that the artists only posted on twitter.
>>
>>1497843
sankaku has the most translations
>>
>>1497843
Can you explain the difference between danbooru and gelbooru to me?
>>
>>1497852
Gelbooru has annoying ads, way less tags (there's like a 50% chance that the artist or source of a post is missing) and a lot of tags that should be aliased.
>>
>>1497857
Oh, thanks for the patient response. The first booru someone ever showed me was gelbooru, and I've been using it ever since (about 2009, so not since as early as possible but still).

The cancer ads, the redirect ads I mean, only started this year or last year. But it is really grimy to pull that shit, and I only learned last year that "gruesome" and toddlercon-tagged imaged were purged. It's not worthy of much/ any respect I guess, but no one says anything beyond "fuck gelbooru" in different words.
>>
I remember when I was a kid and I enjoyed looking at art for the sake of it. I suppose I still do, but certainly not in the way that I appear to be witnessing amongst you purveyors of structure in this thread tonight. Is it because I am older than you? I wouldn't know. I could, perhaps, be the youngest poster here right now. I could very well be the oldest. What is age but a temporary secession to the length in this supposed idea of 'time' in which your current form in which you have taken your most recent escapade into the depths of knowing the entirety of your being from the inside out, or should I say the outside in, a new endeavor into your journey to become one with the creator, which is who exactly? Well that's for you to come to. A conclusion, that is. Or not, if you so choose. I don't make the rules. Unless you come to find that I do. Would that be marvelous? I'm asking you. What would you do with such power exactly? Would you be a tyrant? A passive force who chooses to refrain from altering that which does not concern thee? I suppose that's a given. In your time you will find what concerns you and what does not, this I am sure of. And at that time, if you come to a similar point that I have at an earlier occurrence for myself, the idea of curating art in such a manner will seem frivolous at best, tiring and at the whole unnecessary. For when art is something to be appreciated as it is, and not so much something that requires such a rigid undertaking of jumping through the hoops and cutting the red tape of those who have submitted, in one way or another, to the temptations of economical pursuits and the pressures of censorship, as art is as plain as plain can be to those who simply wish to see the art in you and the art in me, the only art that will ever, truly, set us free.
>>
>>1497843
>Danbooru has the best tags of any booru site by far.
Just went there for the first time

>you cannot search for more than 2 tags at a time
>btw 20 pics are locked, please buy a gold account
kek
>>
File: 1369292595441.jpg (150KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1369292595441.jpg
150KB, 500x500px
>>1497891
>Just went there for the first time
>kek
surprise, surprise
>>
>>1497893
I've always used other boorus. This one managed to disappoint me in less than 20 seconds lmao.
>>
>>1497891
What do you mean by "20 pics"?
>>
>>1497906
In that page. The next page had 20 more locked pics, and so on (because you need a gold account to see loli/shota)
>>
>>1497907
>(because you need a gold account to see loli/shota)

Was danbooru ever really unironically based then, or was it just the former loophole that allowed extracting from the booru what people wanted.
>>
File: 39046963_p0.jpg (1MB, 868x1226px) Image search: [Google]
39046963_p0.jpg
1MB, 868x1226px
You can't be told how or why you should appreciate danbooru over the others. Much like a two-dimensional being that can never understand a sphere, the gelbooru/paheal creature can only pretend to comprehend the things above him.
>>
>>1497916
Everyone is well aware that elitism among 2d enthusiasts requires the inability to articulate why something is good.
>>
Guess it's time to kill myself.
>>
This was linked in /jp/ for bulk grabbing of gelbooru stuff including loli.
Going to give it a whirl soon.
https://bionus.github.io/imgbrd-grabber/
>>
Reminds me of how mega recently patched the workaround that allowed unlimited downloading without switching IPs.

>>1497851
I like sankaku too but when half of them are western or duplicates or just all around low-quality that doesn't say much.
>>
>>1499712
>mega recently patched the workaround
How recent? I did it about two months ago.
>>
>>1499712
Mega limits your download speed, you mean? Shit.
>>
lol weeb problems
>>
>>1499391
That's a really nice tool. I used it 2 years ago to hoard some of the stuff off gelbooru. I really like the way it can organise all the downloaded stuff.
>>
>>1500222
Yeah, I just used it for the first time yesterday. It's really neat how you can adjust the filename and folders. Very powerful.
>>
>>1499751
About two months ago I think, lol.

>>1499764
No, it caps you at 5GB every 8 hours or something. Easily bypassable with VPNs but I haven't tried downloading a >5GB file yet.
>>
Me on the right.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.