[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

4chan in 2007 >Lots of people casually use tripcodes &

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 13

File: 1498377323233.png (699KB, 725x670px) Image search: [Google]
1498377323233.png
699KB, 725x670px
4chan in 2007
>Lots of people casually use tripcodes & nobody thinks anything of it, most boards have prominent personalities that make them unique and a few posters are infamous across the entire site

4chan in 2017
>tripfags are rare to practically nonexistent and there is massive resentment against tripfags anytime they post no matter what board.

What happened. What is primarily responsible for the shift in attitude?
>>
I thought the "tripcode era" as it were was earlier than that?
>>
>>1495937
The quality of the tripfags themselves. All the ones here are cancerous shitters and it's safe to assume the rest in other places are attention seekers.
>>
A site-wide bully culture that forces an "I-have-to-fit-in" mentality. Easy to justify-- there were quite a few bad apples. On the surface it's a very easy way to gain some attention, something low quality posters love above all things, so it's only natural Anonymous turned on them.
>>
Let me go ahead and first tell you this is all a simulation. The users here have all started simulating a posting style and guideline from a certain point. The majority succeeds in forming a standard and this is your end result.
You post as what you are expected to post and you do not go out of line. Even when you trollpost.
Unique identities have the potential to destroy this System. Not many have the ability to do so, but the potential brings fear to the... bucket of Anons.
>>
I don't know the reason for the shift but tripfags are just boring nowadays, there's hardly any that are infamous outside their own boards or certain threads, and even then they hardly shake things up.
>>
In the new 4chan, if there's anything you can shit on something or someone for, people will shit on them for it. People have responded with maximum conformity, abandoning OC and generally trying to be the most pointless and generic posters possible. The only tripfags remaining are the ones who truly do not give a shit. They're usually shitposters.
>>
>>1495937
I think 4chan has reached a point where its culture is so established that there is a large reactionary movement to anyone who goes against it. This is why sites like leddit were hated because of its culture. Not because it is a established culture or has grown big, but because it attracts a certain type of people just by lurking for a few minutes. Same for right now. the most recognizable, besides probably zyzz, were also the most cancerous and you could recognize that easily. Now since this shitty malaysian box folding forum attracts attention seekers and the likes, you just know subconsciously that the trip is most likely to be a fag
>>
File: 1493913200457.png (52KB, 406x493px) Image search: [Google]
1493913200457.png
52KB, 406x493px
>>
File: 1500435466522.png (30KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1500435466522.png
30KB, 500x500px
>>1496967
Improve your penmanship younger brother.
>>
File: 1491894838276.png (48KB, 406x493px) Image search: [Google]
1491894838276.png
48KB, 406x493px
>>1496974
i tri big fwog brut the wines com out wibbly woobli...
>>
Nobody has ever liked them, hence 95% of them were bullied out of the site by late 2004. I will say again, just to make this double clear. They were never liked and by 2004 most had been bullied out of 4chan. When I say nobody likes them I mean really nobody. moot, most mods, most users. Usually the people who are tripfags and their personal cocksuckers were the only supporting users. 4chan is an anonymous imageboard and circlejerking was never welcomed here, and it should never be. Move over to Something Awful or Gaia if you want to be surrounded by others who like you make the case of turning the internet into another normalfag medium.
>>
>>1497019
moot was a tripfag and most of the original mod team tripped
>>
Revisionist history thread
>>
>>1497029
That's supposed to be an argument? You might as well say that since the police wear fluorescent clothes you're entitled to walk around town with equally flashy dressing, and if anybody calls you a faggot you're in the wrong because the police do so too.
>>
>>1497037
Don't knock policecore.
>>
File: 1500086449520.jpg (98KB, 676x960px) Image search: [Google]
1500086449520.jpg
98KB, 676x960px
>>1497029
That's pretty damn stupid reasoning.
Who's gonna believe they're moderators if they don't post with tripcodes?
>>
I'm suprised no one has mentionned forced anon and my lovely shii.
>>
File: 2017-08-03 23.29.08.png (77KB, 2499x1326px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-03 23.29.08.png
77KB, 2499x1326px
>tripfags are rare to practically nonexistent

???

You must have me filtered. Also,some board's have faired better than others; /k/ still has as many tripfrens or more than i remember years ago. Hell some i even still recognize even though i rarely hop over there now. For other boards that have changed dramatically like /a/ or /jp/ they're hiding in general circlejerks or went anon from jannies curbstomping them repeatedly. Forced anon on certain boards, time changing people, and the salt hash changing old tripcodes stopped others.

>and there is massive resentment against tripfags anytime they post no matter what board.

True, but i feel like nostalgia is getting the better of you; even if there were more tripfrens near a decade ago there were always vocal haters around.

Among other things, the dynamics of boards growing so large tends to impersonalize them, making tripcodes less needed than ever outside of generals. /qa/ for all its flaws is a small board where even anons can sometimes be identified with certainty. Become the change you wish to see.

and stop abusing greentext "kudasai"
>>
>>1495937
newfags act edgy to fit in
>>
>>1495943
But they don't usually last more than 2 years
>>
>>1495937
newfags
>>
>>1498084
This site has always been edgy
>>
>>1499749
>>
>>1495937
The problem is, OP, that you probably aren't seeing all the posts. If you are just viewing 4chan through the boards, you don't see the green posts, the posts with letters in their ids, or anything numberless. Together, those make up about 40-70 percent of 4chan, depending on the day. So conversation will appear disjointed and spastic, because you won't be getting the full picture.

I actually just flipped over to the 4chan interface to make this post, and it's pretty funny how unintelligible 4chan is like this.
>>
>>1500373
Most everyone who posts on 4chan believes themselves to be weak.
>>
>>1495937
factually wrong friend. tripfags where only commonplace around 2004 back when the site was small and you easily recognized who was posting.
As the site got bigger certain personalities began to influence site doctrine with what they -believed- was how and why 2ch and 2chan worked. It can be summed up with two central ideas

1. the "goal" of imageboards is anonymous conversation where everyone is of equal standing like in Japanese culture; tripcodes are merely a feature that's a detriment to the community and should not be used
2. ephemerality is part of the nature of the site itself [instead of a sacrifice 2chan made because the costs of running an imageboard was way highers than the costs of running that textboard, 2ch never had a prunning system] ; having archives of any kind goes against the nature of anonymity

People who suscribed to this, and early funposters that posted under anon so they couldn't be identified, began to "bully" tripfags, and assimilated newfags (back when we actually could assimilate newfags) picked up on this habit. The final nail in the coffin of tripfag tolerance was quite simply the massive number of users, which inevitably ended with a number of mouthbreathers incapable of seeing past the tripfag's identity instead of just reply to their argument.
All in all, tripfags could easily be shitposters, and since being a retard is one of the least moderated offenses on 4chan, they manageddto trigger way more people than your average anonymous retard does. Places like /v/ got so bad the mods began to outright purge them. During 2009 you could rarely post with a trip without getting banned.

Nowadays being a tripfag is much easier now that 4chan isn't as culturally homogenous as it was before. Now it really depends on the board. As long as you behave and don't act like a cool kid with hot opinions, which is what triggers the mouthbreathers, you are good.

t. I've donned a trip since 2012 and never got into trouble.
>>
File: 1498176309571.jpg (250KB, 826x667px) Image search: [Google]
1498176309571.jpg
250KB, 826x667px
>>1500825
I don't know why you do this, but I want to thank you for trying to bring back copypasta culture
>>
File: Brady bunch.jpg (185KB, 1248x936px) Image search: [Google]
Brady bunch.jpg
185KB, 1248x936px
>>1501828
That really is the biggest truth of all isn't it. And we only EVER focus on the weakness rather than THE strengths. The instinctive nature of all posters is to first find the flaw in another poster, and the cycle of cynicism continues when we could completely ignore them and instead learn from examples of positivity. This simple lesson you see everyone fail every thread on every board for the past decade.
>>
oagi wa ikaga
>>
>>1502386
You're retarded, pointing out flaws is apart of having an argument, get off your high horse with your blind optimism
>>
>>1502256
>tfw too intelligent to get (you)s
>>
>>1502713
No one argue with you grandpa, your lectures are boring
>>
>1502755 (You)
K
>>
>>1501828
And most people in the world are weak. At least we are honest about it instead of being like dumb normalfags who spend their time posting "motivational" shit on social media about how strong they are for overcoming their struggles with fake friends while working a retail job or being a single mother or whatever.
>>
>>1502881
You're as strong as you make yourself out to be.
>>
File: lanced jack.jpg (265KB, 500x2045px) Image search: [Google]
lanced jack.jpg
265KB, 500x2045px
>>
let us all create tripcodes and personalities!
>>
>>1502890
Not really. Strength is actually a real thing too. Physical strength, economics, social influence, etc. Just believing in yourself that you are strong isn't going to make you much stronger. I like the more negative perspective on 4chan because people aren't going to pretend to be impressed by bullshit. /fit/ id a good example of a board that will compliment you if you actually do something impressive, but won't blow smoke up your ass. Other boards have similar mentalities to a different degree.

Obviously some people take this negativity too far and you end up with /r9k/ types with no self esteem at all who could use some positivity, but overall I think it's a good thing that 4chan is a place which is brutally critical. It pushes people to improve.
>>
>>1502899
No one has ever gotten better at art by going on /ic/
>>
>>1502900
I got better at art using /I/
>>1502899
Why try to change the way it is? If everyone was like that this would no longer be 4chan. If you don't like the way it is you can just leave.
>>
File: 1498272870160.png (1MB, 952x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1498272870160.png
1MB, 952x1200px
>>1503085
>Why try to change the way it is?
Because we can and have.
Most of you aren't seeing the big picture, that's fine.
Being comfortable in misery is one thing, but this is 4chan, not Yourchan.
>>
>>1495937
Tripfags are always cancer. If they're not cancer to begin with they'll become cancer over time. It's all attention whoring and "look at this funny post I made 3 years ago!" shit.
>>
>>1502881
All humans are desperately living, lost upon this earth.
>>
@1502256

You don't deserve it.
>>
>>1503166
It's like if people trip a lot why not just go to forums or discord or amalgamation sites like reddit? There's good trips but only because they use it for it's intended use (Guy is a rich weapons collector, works in x industry, etc).
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.