[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dealing with botspam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12

Any idea how to deal with botspam?

Some guy has been botting on the gw2 thread in /vg/ for a while now:

>>>/vg/184648912
>>
To remove it: nothing.
To get around it: I guess you could get everyone to tripfag and then name filter Anonymous or something? It's brutally effective because of how chaotic it is- I don't see it changing any time soon unless that guy stops himself.
Sorry.
>>
>>1495799
gw2 is now free? how long has it been that way
>>
>>1495853
For two years now lol
>>
>>1495809

There has to be something that mods can do. If the bot is not bannable then sooner or later the site will encounter more situations like this.
>>
>>1495894
wew. hows the balance? are there any paywalls to skills/areas and what not
>>
>>1495897
Oh, mods? Well, they can delete posts, yeah. Try asking them in IRC if you want a direct response as all I can offer you is suggestions and some cynicism.
>>
>>1495908
>help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/230165307-Account-types-Free-Core-HoT

Free tier has standard restrictions one would put in place to stymie gold farmers.

>>1495941
Post deletion really doesnt help, we've tried that to no avail months ago, ditto for banning. The IP count will increase by dozens in a few minutes and it just repropogates.

Filtering anonymous didnt work either, as he's taken lately to adding names from a pool of game-related phrases.

Namefagging with a phrase specified in the OP only lasts as long as it takes for the spam originator to check the thread, ditto for renaming images to a specified name.

Waiting for him to stop isnt viable either, as this process is at least semi-automated, has been going on for months without a break, and is in all lilkelyhood related to another spambot incident that occurred every weekend for literal YEARS.
>>
Would it work to rename the general to gwg or gw1g or something else?
>>
>>1496104
What bothers me is that someone is this driven just because he got removed from some guilds.
>>
File: 1492560766641.png (69KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1492560766641.png
69KB, 512x512px
>>1495799
Game has no GNU/Linux client therefore it is 100% irrelevant trash.
>>
Tried that, it either auto-targets based on a phrase list, or slips through the cracks for a bit until it gets manually retargeted, after which that phrase will be auto-targeted. It's even jumped into other threads and had them spammed to death as well simply because they mentioned GW2 enough to get the spammer's notice.

Frankly I'm surprised the threads on /v/ have lasted as long as have unmolested.

>>1496153
Not really surprising. He was trouble enough to warrant having that done in the first place.
>>
>>1495799
Honestly the admins should contact his ISP. Most proxies are banned on 4chan so I doubt he uses those. He probably has a dynamic IP.

Just contact his ISP and demand that they suspend his contract, I'm pretty sure that all ISP's have some sort of "don't use our service to DDoS and shit" clause that allows them to do so.
>>
>>1496406
>Most proxies are banned on 4chan
Let me tell you that there are a shitton of free proxies that work on 4chan
>>
>>1496406
>>1496423

The spammer (or at least someone in-game claiming to be them) has mentioned using a VPN, and employing several fallback plans, up to and including going to their local McDonalds and leeching from their Wifi.
>>
File: 200_e973ff_5439588.jpg (62KB, 497x732px) Image search: [Google]
200_e973ff_5439588.jpg
62KB, 497x732px
Slight unrelated but some guy has been doing the same thing, to a much lesser degree, in the /nba/ general on /sp/ for the last 4 years. I have half a mind to track down both of these autists and beat the shit out of them. Jail time would be worth the freedom of our generals.
>>
>>1496477
Frankly gw2 general was a cesspool and it absolutely deserves to get shat into oblivion, but my chief concern would be that this kind of thing becomes known throughout other boards as a method of silencing discussion.

Imagine, if you will, if some antifa fucko got wind of this and distributed a toolkit to even just a handful of others, for use on /pol/.

Try to picture the resultant shitstorm.
>>
>>1496489
Agreed. I'm not much of a /pol/ guy but I could see this scenario happening in any number of boards to catastrophic results.
>>
>>1496489
/pol/'a level of discussion would not change, it's quality would not, nothing would change about the board save that the illusion of discussion and quality content will have been cast away. Even then, I am not sure if the boards denizens would notice that everything "good" was only in their heads.
>>
>>1496517
>>1496494

Not much of a /pol/ guy myself, but that seems like the most likely target for getting fucked with/shutting down communication regarding specific topics considered undesirable.

A slower board with lower...i have no idea what to call it apart from "thread churn," would be more thoroughly fucked if they were targeted, but I think pol not being able to make threads sucking off trump without them getting drowned out with spam posts would provoke a considerably more violent response .
>>
>>1496454
Imagine being this autistic.
>>
>>1496612
It's pretty bad, yeah. Every weekend for about a year, tgis dude spammed the board with pictures of Charr characters (furry race) that he had spent actual months painstakingly saving from every thread. When he finally decided he wpuld stop "caturday," he baked a cake for himself to celebrate.

Then he came back, renamed all of the images to imitate files saved from tumblr, and continued. For years. It's only recently decided to completely sink the thread, and I'm reasonably sure that if no one else makes a thread, he does himself.

This is ADVANCED autism. Like, bordering on "Philmarilion" levels.
>>
File: 1466881258461.png (134KB, 587x292px) Image search: [Google]
1466881258461.png
134KB, 587x292px
>>1496489
>gw2 general was a cesspool and it absolutely deserves to get shat into oblivion
I totally agree with this but this single fucking person that's been literally botting shitposts for MONTHS has the power to fuck up the entire 4chan website if he gets 'the itch' and nobody rose against his unstoppable autism.
Reminder that he himself also annihilated /mmog/ from /vg/ with his army of shitposting autismbots, and no, he doesn't even use a 4chan pass.
>>
>>1496883
Well yeah, that was the point of the second half of that sentence
>but my chief concern would be that this kind of thing becomes known throughout other boards as a method of silencing discussion.

Doesnt just have to be him either. Anyone with sufficient reasoning and enough IPs could likely reverse engineer whatever he did.
>>
File: gw913.jpg (38KB, 335x343px) Image search: [Google]
gw913.jpg
38KB, 335x343px
I made this groovy image back during the beta and never got to post it because I stopped playing
>>
>>1496644
Jesus christ
>>
File: 1489373353824.jpg (65KB, 567x561px) Image search: [Google]
1489373353824.jpg
65KB, 567x561px
>>1496644
>Philmarillion
Holy shit I remember that but that guy was a stalker and probably did it for his personal keks, we will never know anyway.
This guy however, Jugg as we call him, can't possibly have any reason than to fuck with us anons and 4chan. Once he automated his shitposts (which were worse than caturday) all the 'fun' he had doing it vanished.

Jugg is a screaming abyss of infinite autism compared to The Archiver
>>
File: discord.png (10KB, 979x105px) Image search: [Google]
discord.png
10KB, 979x105px
What pisses me off is that you fucks decided to go to /mmog/ at /vg/ after your general got bot spam, tries to take over the said general, and got it marked for spam by the spambot. Fuck you all.
>>
Previous /gw2g/, the one in the OP autoarchvie after reaching bump limit due to spam.

Going tot ry something different.

>>>/vg/184736907

From now, instead of Guild Wars 2, use the word "Tyria". Not sure if it will work. But cant hurt to try.
>>
>>1497262
Ahahhahahha, and it got spam. That is what you fags get for killing /mmog/.
>>
>>1497266
Goddamn.

Also, I *AM* pissed that it killed /mmog/

You guys deserved better.
>>
>>1497262
I'm look at the archives and you always use the same exact pastebin links every time.
Have you retards considered that maybe it's easily finding your threads by just searching for those links?
>>
Use 4chan Feedback with detailed descriptions, or flag down a mod on IRC. This is a situation where community input will not help you in any way.
>>
>>1497154
You're an obsessive cuck who blames anons that went to /mmog/ to talk about vidya and not the spammer himself, you also need to learn English, because the angrier you get the worse it becomes lmao.
>>
>>1497578
Oh look, it this charr fucker again. Can't admit your kind was the reason why the spammer exist and why /mmog/ or you just like to name call and try to act like a victim when you're full of shit.

>you also need to learn English
And you arrogant knows no bound. Fuck off charr fucker.
>>
>>1497266
I'm glad /mmog/ died, it was a cesspit of ERP and shitposting from other generals, /ammg/ got revived because people couldn't care less about those shitty western mmos with their own generals, you can fuck off thirdie hahaha

>>1496920
>>1496883
/gw2g/'s quality took a dive from the spam you know, he sometimes did it throughout weekends or randomly on weekdays, it frustrated people to the point of leaving. They also assumed it was dead because there'd just be spam and no one else posting, so newer people couldn't come and talk about the game, a general doesn't always just go to shit from being around too long, it was factors like that unfortunately. /mmog/ needed to go though, /ammg/ was better and comfier. Fuck /mmog/.
>>
>>1497586
>le one guy
Cry more, you can't even hold an argument without spewing the same flames.

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/385763198/#385766148

This guy goes to every gw2 thread and posts the same shit just to start flamewars instead of talking about games, then he just flames whoever replies, he is a lunatic.
>>
>>1497347
4chan feedback is useless, nobody read that.
>>
>>1497590
I see you're projecting. Please tell me, how does it feel that nobody likes you fags, being all high and mighty with a piss you guys call an mmo. Even FF14fags and WoWfags aren't cancerous enough to kill a general and all around, /v/ is willing to talk about those mmo than your, but I guess that is what happen when /mmog/ had enough of your shit.

>>1497595
Stop being retarded. Your game is pretty shit excuse for a game and has a cancerous fanbase to boot. When /v/ constantly spill out how shitty your game is, then you need to get your ass out of your head and figure out why they hate your game. Hint: it just not one guy. It inexcusable that you're even told not to talk about a game in general that has been botspam and have the nerve to talk about it.

The cuck is more on you.
>>
File: 0squatcrop.png (713KB, 1036x664px) Image search: [Google]
0squatcrop.png
713KB, 1036x664px
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/385763198/#385784183

>Also anon you should probably relax a bit.
Can't relax when a retarded fuck like you is lying about the situation and trying to make yourself look like the victim when in reality, you, the Guild Wars 2 fuck, invaded and kill /mmog/.

lmao how shallow is this guy's life, someone politely told him to relax and he insists on raging, this definitely improves 4chan!
>>
>>1497615
>>>/vg/178920406
>inbefore retarded BUT MUH NO 4chanX
People at /mmog/ was waiting on autosage until one retarded fuck made that thread, knowing full well it will cause a shitstorm. And it got botspam. I wouldn't be surprise if that fucker was you.

Oh and this thread
>>>/vg/179112753
Perfect example of your forcing your way into the general and killing it while you try. Good on you. Go to hell, you charrfucker.
>>
File: 0gaycat1.png (101KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
0gaycat1.png
101KB, 250x250px
> being all high and mighty with a piss you guys call an mmo. Even FF14fags and WoWfags aren't cancerous enough to kill a general

Wow
https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/385763198/#385779642

Doesn't this sound familiar? Maybe this guy is a bot, all he does is repeat the same boogeyman arguments and trolls.

>>1497340
Read your own post, you only looked for a specific search term right? People have used different info, but the guy has scanned the catalog and looks for anything gw2-related, from pics to esoteric things like in-game races or the publisher.
>>
>>1497629
You can't even quote while you still post smug charr. No wonder that spammer made that bot and try to kill you fucks.
>>
Oh yeah he gets mega butthurt that people don't use 4chanx.

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/385763198/#385778515

How does one individual take 4chan this seriously? Somehow everyone else is "high and mighty" and "arrogant". Guy seems like a basement dweller, never dealt with the real world, everyone is apparently out to get him.

/mmog/ wasn't even that good and dead most of the time kek.
>>
>>1497610
>>1497628
>>1497633
I'm going to have to go with the "charr" here, you are either flaming as he said or getting too mad over 4chan. /vg/ was a containment zone from the beginning, worse things have happened on actual boards.
>>
>>1497636
>IP count didn't go up
>samefagged your own posts to make you look right
KEK
>>
File: 1501453260704.png (167KB, 318x308px) Image search: [Google]
1501453260704.png
167KB, 318x308px
>>1497634
>>1497629
>>1497615
This could be a lulcow in the making, fucking BRs
>>
>>1497639
>there was no one else in the thread before
Yeah troll confirmed, fuck off, not taking your bait.
>>
>>1497634
Coming from a charr fucker that couldn't comprehend how his fanbase was cancerous to kill two general and pretending like it never happen? Pretty shitty. Especially post like >>>/v/385783453 where you don't even know that there was a discord before /mmog/ was kill and they had that option for a while, but choose to kill /mmog/ instead.

>>1497636
The mad part. It one thing when you kill your own general because how much of an autist spam his charr, it another when they kill off another when they had an option to talk about the game in Discord. They're greed fuck.
>>
Wew lads if this guy knew how to read english in that thread I linked he'd see I answered everything, this is exactly what the spammer wants, he wanted to create losers like this who would rage for him and try derail gw2 conversation, take note and remember. This BR hasn't even browsed gw2g.

We must focus on dealing with the spammer, not blaming anons who wanted to talk about the game, and for the greater good of the website considering how cancerous these scripts are.

>>1497604
People have gone to IRC, the real problem is ban evading is too effective. I think doublechan has had similar issues, but instead it brought down the site.
>>
>>1497655
And there it is again, being that arrogant fuck. It very apparent he only targeting GW 2 fucks like you and all it take is for you to invade another general just to fuck them over. It only a "greater good" because you, the gw 2 fuckers, couldn't even contain your problem in your general and insist on ruining others. With this logic, your cancerous game go, the bot go, and all other general would have been safe.
>>
>>1497604
>4chan feedback is useless, nobody read that.
They don't care about most shit because it's usually "fire this mod" or "ban this fucker" but for actual site-affecting issues like technical issues and bot spam they might take notice.
>>
>>1497668
If that charrfucker want the mod to notice, they could just spam their GW 2 shit in other general and have the bot follow them. The mod might make GW 2 a forbidden topic for doing this, but it will make them notice the bot.
>>
>>1497670
They want the mods to help them. Part of this is getting the mods to be aware of the problem, but if you do it by cheesing them off then they're not going to want to help you, so it's sort of self-defeating.
>>
>>1497673
Can you blame me? If those fuckers haven't thrown /mmog/ under the bridge because they couldn't fucking stick to Discord, I might actually sympathize and try to help them, but here we are, not very happy about their game or their fanbase and I want to see them gone or suffer for killing /mmog/.
>>
File: 1459087143317.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1459087143317.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>1497668
>>1497673
This guy is only here to vent his butthurt about mmog in case you haven't noticed, I apologize for him, since I was part of /mmog/ too, I'm just not sure how one shitty general is worth this amount of rage/trolling but he can keep it up for hours. I've tried to reason with him in previous threads, but tomorrow he'll post that same discord picture and use the same talking points like a [spoiler]bot.[/spoiler]

4chan just needs a better way of dealing with ban evading or IP hopping, but I doubt anyone here knows enough about programming/IT.
>>
>>1497689
>claiming your from /mmog/
Please, you don't even know what went down there, you GW2G autist. It sad that you call me a bot for pointing out how wrong you were about discord, the cause of the /mmog/ death, and how you willing spamming charr images while acting smug and arrogant about. This only makes you look more insufferable and many anon call you out for being so. Go take a shit back to discord, you charr fucker.
>>
File: 0gae.png (221KB, 539x383px) Image search: [Google]
0gae.png
221KB, 539x383px
/int/ also gets spam like that iirc, can anyone confirm?
>>
>>1497704
Why is Vae going to swallow a tennis ball?
>>
>>1495799
>>
>>1495799
>>
>>1495799
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.