[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've taken the initiative to expand my interests beyond

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: desktop.jpg (557KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
desktop.jpg
557KB, 1600x900px
I've taken the initiative to expand my interests beyond imageboards to include visual novels and story-driven rpgs. Could you please suggest some that you have personally played and enjoyed? Some gameplay elements would be fine too. So far I've tried VA-11 Hall-A and Katawa Shoujo, loved both. I'm considering LISA, Umineko and Undertale at the moment. Any thoughts on those? Thank you in advance for your recommendations.
>>
>>1494308
It's like you think this is /jp/ or something.
>>
>>1494318
I'm sorry. I forgot about that board. But I thought that maybe there were some VNs or story centered RPGs created outside of Japan. Should I delete the thread?
>>
I suggest that you learn Japanese. As for specific titles: Aiyoku no Eustia, The Legend of Heroes: Trails series
>>1494328
No.
>>
Bible Black
Ar Tonelico 1
>>
>>1494308
For VNs I really like 999 and Policenauts.
>>1494333
Trails series is also a great story-centric JRPG series.
>>
>story-driven RPGs
You mean RPGs with good stories? Like Xenogears or something?
>>
>>1495111
I checked your triple.
I meant RPGs whose narrative is the main attraction or selling point, something like that. Sorry, I'm a bit dull.
>>
>>1494333
I also forgot to check your triple, I'm sorry.
>>
File: VN2015-02-13.png (4MB, 3560x2280px) Image search: [Google]
VN2015-02-13.png
4MB, 3560x2280px
>>1495126
>>
File: 1483014090794.jpg (3MB, 3600x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1483014090794.jpg
3MB, 3600x1920px
>>1495145
>/vg/
>>
Valhalla was enjoyable enough but can't really be described as a visual novel to me. Feels more like a flash game.
>>
>>1495155
I found it on the google if that makes you feel any better.
>>
>>1495145
>>1495155
So overwhelming. Just looking at those is nearly giving me a panic attack, I'm hyperventilating. It's why I made a thread asking for personal recommendations, just so I could have a few from anons who cherished their stories deeply in their hearts, so I could think of those anons while I played their favorites.
>>
>>1495166
You could play through Noctural Illusion with /qa/! Note that it's an eroge with nudity and sex, but so is FS:N and so on. >>1489647
It's a bit retro-y so if you don't like that you may want to stay clear.
>>
>>1495166
Oh sorry. I figured maybe you had a specific genre or kind of story in mind and thought that you may see something interesting.

YU-NO is cool, and is the game that gave me a hankering for PC-98 stuff. Fate/stay is also good, but the first route that they force you on is kind of a drag in my opinion. It gets better on second playthrough.

Anything else that I could personally recommend atm seems like it's already on your list. For what it's worth, even though I haven't played/read them yet, Kara no Shoujo and Chaos;Head (same people who did Steins;Gate) both look very interesting to me and so I guess I recommend checking them out, too.
>>
>>1495194
Come to think of it I never got too far in YU-NO. I ended up getting distracted pretty early on. I better get back to that.
>>
YU-NO is one of those "eternally in my backlog" things. I really need to get to it.
>>
Remeber 11, Air, and Higurashi. I'd definitely recommend reading Higurashi before starting Umineko.
>>
File: 1495750584380.png (29KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1495750584380.png
29KB, 600x600px
>>
>>1494308
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.