[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Add "sage-#" and "age-#" options which lets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: AgeAgeBros.jpg (8KB, 144x105px) Image search: [Google]
AgeAgeBros.jpg
8KB, 144x105px
Add "sage-#" and "age-#" options which lets you control how far up a thread gets bumped.

Examples:
* sage1: "sages" by only 1 place, meaning it bumps above all threads except for the one at the top of the board
* sage15: Bumps to the top of the 2nd page
* age4: Bumps the thread up only 4 places

>inb4 this will never happen you're wasting your time
Don't care. The world must hear my ideas. The more shitty the idea is the more people must hear about it.

P.S. Also while you're at it please go ahead and make these sage/age features visible
>>
I've thought about such things in the past, but I can't imagine 4chan doing this when most users don't even know that sage exists.
>>
That's actually a pretty good idea.
You have my support but the problem is that they probably wont implement it because they like a bored "professional" facebook-esque 4chan.
>>
age15
>>
Ok but why? "Sage is not a downvote" becomes "sage is an explicit way to rate a thread's worthiness of being seen?"

This is without considering many people sage by default/ when a condition is met, so this creates a subculture within a subculture of using posts to mark what condition you find a thread meets.

The most annoying part about this is since it's not explicitly an upvote/ downvote system people won't criticize it rationally since criticism today = calling something reddit. If you can't call it reddit the only other checks are underage, black twitter, youtube comments, or do you personally hate it. If it's none of the above it L I T E R A L L Y will not be safe to criticize it on this website.
>>
>>1472430
You can keep a thread alive without bumping it to the frontpage, that's the point of sage and bumping
>>
>>1472430
It's not rating it if it doesn't show the number.

It could either just remain invisible like it is today, no difference other than having more control.

I would actually prefer if sage was only visible if it was a full sage. If they use the number then it wouldn't be displayed
>>
>>1472434
Why would you want that? I mean, I know why some people would want it, but why would the staff want it.
>>
>>1472348
People typically have a bunch of threads hidden so this wouldn't have the intended effect.
>>
>>1473435
I don't understand. How would that change the end result, and what intended effect are you referring to?
You can still see the stubs so you can still know what numbers to enter. Plus most likely the people who use the feature would have a handful of go-to values. Like sage15 for instance to just bump to the top of the 2nd page. How does having threads hidden effect that at all?
>>
This would be an immensely powerful self-moderation tool as well, and that's probably something the mods wouldn't want.
>>
>>1474055
Raiding tool*
>>
>>1474074
How so?

I mean, the different keywords are just a convenience, really it's all a single feature, and that's somewhere between a bump and a sage.

I don't see how it could possibly be worse than having full sage which we already do.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.