[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some things that caught on 4chan that you never would've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: 1445431294947.jpg (296KB, 1540x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1445431294947.jpg
296KB, 1540x1000px
What are some things that caught on 4chan that you never would've expected to catch on?

I find the semi-frequent usage of various emoticons rather bizarre, they were only shunned upon to various degree, but no one seems to mind anymore even with such a rampant usage, the biggest offenders being the thinking and laughing tears.

Then there are the extremely low quality images filled with banding artifacts everywhere. I'm not even sure whether they are an effect of being parsed over multiple sites or it's actually something people try to achieve on purpose, I cannot tell anymore, but I find it utmost puzzling, you're supposed to seek and post images with high quality, not low one.

I wouldn't also expect such rampant usage of abbreviations, and I'm talking specifically about the kinds of "desu, baka, tfw, kys", it's like something you'd find written in a text message over a phone.

I am also slightly puzzled by people referring to others as autists as it's some kind of supreme insult, out of all the places where I could think of calling someone autist, 4chan seems like one where it doesn't make much sense.
>>
File: ducc.jpg (28KB, 522x557px) Image search: [Google]
ducc.jpg
28KB, 522x557px
All of that makes sense to me. There comes an inevitable point where it is used unironically (established communication not for the sake of novelty), and calls for the pendulum to swing back. It's all part of the cycle of moving the tides of the mind.
Never thought Sachiko would be the one (1) to take on the world (Za Warudo).
>>
File: 20ce14119b5dcd6b2e35b69ef4e76b3b.jpg (141KB, 985x1024px) Image search: [Google]
20ce14119b5dcd6b2e35b69ef4e76b3b.jpg
141KB, 985x1024px
>>1469139
Never expected people to be addicted to reality here.
>>
>2011
Calling out ad hominems. That was actually the first fallacy I ever heard of.

>2017
"kill yourself"

The above also signifies the general degeneration/ entropy whatever in our discourse. Someone can just ask me who I'm quoting and that's now considered a good counterargument, on the same pedestal as "kill yourself."
>>
>>1469398
Often times "who are you quoting" is a good question as the greentexting "arguements" oversimplify or straw man opposition points of view. This brings to light that opposition the person greentexting wishes to attack either doesn't exist or is being misrepresented.
>>
>>1469139
>an endless flood of utterly moronic newfags
>catching on
>>
>>1469398
Fairly certain that "who are you quoting" is a response used whenever someone uses ">" to quote something without actually quoting their exact words, which includes paraphrasing and greentexting. It doesn't really matter what the contents of the message self is.
>>
>>1469139
The people you mentioned aren't "4chan" as much as they're a horde from social media that came in such large numbers that it overwhelmed the culture and assimilation couldn't take place.
Anyone using that such images or phrases is someone I immediately disregard every time.
>>
File: 1498227504298.jpg (2MB, 2440x3478px) Image search: [Google]
1498227504298.jpg
2MB, 2440x3478px
I find it initial puzzling how identity politics has found it's way unto an anonymous imageboard. I imagine that it comes from some innate or unconscious desire to identify with a group and a persons correct usage of a meme is a decent marker of figuring out what kind of group they belong to.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.