[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's behind the recent trend of referring to boards using

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: hf0lqggtfo6z.jpg (353KB, 819x1024px) Image search: [Google]
hf0lqggtfo6z.jpg
353KB, 819x1024px
what's behind the recent trend of referring to boards using only the first backslash?
i.e. >/tv, /a, /ck
>>
I'd tell you to stop posting on shit boards, but judging by your image it's where you belong.
>>
>>1468756
they were just the first boards that came to mind, i mostly stick to /mu/. same with the image.
>>
>r/T_D
Well that was easy
>>
>>1468759
I have never once seen this so I can't comment on it seriously. /mu/ is known as one of the youngest boards demographically so I'd blame it on underage.
>>
obviously after a certain point you have to ask yourself, if you have inside info as to how something's reddit, are you not reddit yourself?

however that said the answer is on reddit you only need one forward slash to turn subreddit names into a hyperlink, ie "r/4chan" instead of the former "/r/4chan" which was required to get the hyperlink
>>
I'm guessing it's phoneposting retards who are too lazy to write the second backlash.
>>
>>1468772
>if you have inside info as to how something's reddit, are you not reddit yourself?

No. It's called knowing your enemy.
>>
>>1468755
Do you have examples? I have literally never seen it.
>>
>>1468777
>No. It's called knowing your enemy.

by browsing reddit :^)

even if you try to be sneaky with it if you cant criticize it for its own merits and instead have to hate it bc its reddit, stop being insecure...
>>
>>1468781
Go back to redd*t already.
>>
>>1468781
>>1468772
my guess is that the majority of the people calling out reddit are reddit rejects or atleast they browsed reddit before coming to 4chan
>>
one more question: why are people freaking out over "reddit spacing"? it seems like such a tiny thing to sperg out over, and it has popped up so recently, too.
>>
>>1468803
That's just autism. Putting newlines between paragraphs has always been a thing on 4chan.
>>
>>1468755

Probably just mobilposters who are too lazy to write the full name.

>>1468803

If someone calls someone out over "reddit spacing" that's your indisputable confirmation they're a newfag who's fresh off the boat from Reddit and trying to fit in. "Reddit spacing" has been common on 4chan for as long as I've been around, 10+ years now
>>
File: lee.jpg (23KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
lee.jpg
23KB, 250x250px
>>1468777
>No. It's called knowing your enemy.
>>
File: 1487959164947.png (80KB, 207x248px) Image search: [Google]
1487959164947.png
80KB, 207x248px
>>1468755
There's only one backslash on Reddit sub page names.

Not really implying anything, just thought that was an interesting bit of information.
>>
>>1468755
Ask on >>>/qa
>>
>>1468755
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.