[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the problem with 4chan that in place of individual identities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1460366097071.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1460366097071.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Is the problem with 4chan that in place of individual identities we've internalized the community itself as our identities, and so the mere existence of people we don't like within the community are seen as personally insulting and degrading to our own self-image?

Is this why people try so hard to expel any undesirables? To tidy up their self-image
Is it the reason groups spend so much time and effort trying to influence everyone's opinion of "what <some board> is all about"?
>>
There is no "problem with 4chan", just a series of different problems that plague different groups of users on different boards.
>>
A house divided against itself cannot stand
>>
/qa/ is quick to try to harm /pol/'s image and tell people how they should feel about /pol/ because /pol/ can do everything that /qa/ can't. Envy doesn't dissipate in anonymity, it makes it worse.
>>
>>1465231
>because /pol/ can do everything that /qa/ can't
What does this even mean?

How could it possibly just be envy when there is nothing stopping anyone from becoming a /pol/tard if they wish. It's not like it's an exclusive club anon.

Also this thread isn't about any one side. Surely you don't actually think /pol/ doesn't spend tons of time and effort defending its own image and attempting to smear others as well.
Every board has people like that, and the OP is my attempt to understand why
>>
Based concernbro
>>
>>1465497
Are you not concerned?
>>
>>1465589
Not even in the slightest.
>>
>>1465210
the biggest problem is people unironically thinking >board x is one person
Thinking there is one correct opinion on whatever subject the board talks about.

The large amount of freedom/ little rules and anonymous posting are things that should be unanimously reïnforced.
When people go heinously off-topic, spam, tripfag or go around trying to censor eachothers differing opinions then you are doing it wrong. The site self-regulates by letting you post whatever you want or think but also let everyone else let you know you're a huge faggot for it.

People that assimilate an identity based on the common denominator of an enormous group of anonymous people with wildly differing opinions is fucking stupid and you're a faggot if you do this.
>>
>>1465920
>People that assimilate an identity based on the common denominator of an enormous group of anonymous people with wildly differing opinions is fucking stupid and you're a faggot if you do this.
I think this applies to a MUCH bigger percentage of 4chan users than you think
>>
There is nothing wrong with looking for a home where you can relax and cleanse your mind of all disturbance. A safe space if you will.
>>
>People that assimilate an identity based on the common denominator of an enormous group of anonymous people with wildly differing opinions
I unapologetically do this.
>>
>>1466402
Blow it out your ass
>>
>>1467481
based /qa/bro being a fucking moron
>>
>>1467496
Thanks bro, it's what I do best
>>
File: 1465275353306.png (338KB, 585x633px) Image search: [Google]
1465275353306.png
338KB, 585x633px
Damn.
>>
>>1467524
makes you think...
>>
>>1466459
Everyone does to some degree. It's impossible to keep track of every individual you come across, so consolidation has to happen somewhere. It's especially true here where you actually can't differentiate between people.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.