[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the decline in sophisticated and intellectual discussion in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Is the decline in sophisticated and intellectual discussion in groups a result of the influx of more uneducated individuals into the poster pool?
If this is the case, should more be done to educate these individuals or should people begin to close themselves off and begin trying to shed members?
>>
Blow it out your ass
>>
File: Ozyman4.png (254KB, 512x724px) Image search: [Google]
Ozyman4.png
254KB, 512x724px
>>1460702
In my POV education is the greatest tool that which we should all strive to perform.
Even if you ignore idiots, they're still idiots yet people can become mediocre if you train them
>>
I had the thought earlier. The maturity level on imageboards just seems considerably low given the amount of the pointless infighting we see consistently. Not so much as the intelligence, but the emotional instability of users, it seems, disrupts the discourse for many opportunities for an educational discussion. The repetitious nature of internet feuds. However, that is to not say that these experiences are not educational in itself, for an individual to assess and adapt given various contexts they find themselves in.
This brings forth sophistication, which is your primary concern. Sophistication is honed by the individuals who have been molded well, by the educational values picked up from peers. So yes, it is important to constantly shed educational values to a group, however when the group becomes too heavily diluted, the result for some communities do end having to isolate away, but often not completely. An influx is usually caused by an event.
>>
>>1460817
Perhaps the issue really is individuals with no interpersonal experience.
I wonder how you could train people to be more perceptive of their environment since that's what I believe the problem to be, individuals with online tunnel vision.
>>
Maybe?
>>
>>1460702
How do you educate the weeb mafia?
>>
>>1460702
>>
>>1460702
>>
>>1460702
>>
>>1462080
Please educate yourself.
>>
>>1460702
>>
>>1460702
>>
>>1460702
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.