[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is lurking the 4chan endgame? I spend most of my time here just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Is lurking the 4chan endgame?
I spend most of my time here just watching the flow of boards and trying to guess their direction nowadays...
I'm on it as much as any other addict of this site, but I prefer just watching and seeing when the best opportunity to drop an opinion somewhere.
>>
The "endgame" is actually having been here since 2003 so you can call everyone post-2004 newfags. Posting frequency doesn't matter.
>>
the endgame is /qa/
>>
>>1460129
Just lurking isn't a 4chan idea. Account-based sites have twice as many lurkers as shown by the 'thread views' row.

4chan's difference is actually valuing lurking from within, to absorb the matter at hand and then post at the spur of ingenuity. Because it's much easier to post here, once that highly impressive system collapsed (not with spam as the mods think but a vulgar style of posting), the floodgates of trash were opened, and rather than rooting out the weeds they implemented the awful captcha system.

Lurking when the site was great was great. But now I post constantly for the sole purpose of facing the scourge Head-On. The pun very much intended as the newfags horde is so eager to shove monotony and blandness itself down our throats.
>>
>>1460149
2017 /qa/ will sage your thread while calling it bad if they don't like it or you. These are the people who have been here for well over a decade. The "lurk more" culture has always been of fetishizing saying "blindly conform" rather than even saying what you wish people to conform to and why you believe they must in order to be good. How can a culture value "ingenuity" while indiscriminately ostracizing that which isn't already conforming?

These are only my two cents on the matter, however, so my lazyno context paragraph was on purpose.
>>
>>1460158
/qa/ sages almost all threads regardless. There's a way to see sage using third-party extension.
>>
>>1460160
I would rather not let the contents of my post beside that go forgotten with this reply, but saging with visiable sage disabled in vanilla is but another method for fetishizing exacting blind conformity.

Do these people explain why saging mandatory to occur in order to be good? Do these people answer questions of why their curt "go back there" replies are good? Everything is of not explicitly telling what to conform to, nor of telling why you think people must. The bottom line is your claim of 4chan culture ever valuing "ingenuity" is at odds with the "you arent already conforming to me, so blindly conform to lurking more so you can eventually blindly conform to me" culture.
>>
>>1460163
They've added a whole new layer of communication because the bottom of the barrel posters who want to maintain page 1 all the time never learn. This is why secret societies are born and those who are smart enough to acclimate to their ways will have a better say.

We wouldn't have this problem if we didn't have so many shitters who just never seem to stop disrespecting this place.
>>
>>1460165
I literally have no idea what you're talking about, but surely by not defining your terms nor attempting to prove their morality you've successfully proposed a valid argument. Except, oh, wait:

>those who are smart enough to acclimate to their ways will have a better say.

So you explicitly admit blind conformity is a must to be equal to you? Interesting. It's almost as if this was the singular point I was driving this entire exchange, that point being that instead of proposing what to conform to and why you believe people must to be good, instead you exat blind conformity from them, wihout justifying.

Can you see how I recycle the same phrasing and words to reaffirm how consistent my points have been since the beginning of this
>>
File: 1499737332275.jpg (2MB, 2430x2082px) Image search: [Google]
1499737332275.jpg
2MB, 2430x2082px
>>1460175
It's not blind conformity which you keep persisting on believing yourself. You are here on your own volition and all your actions are conscious as far as you know. After all, this place was never a right for you to post, so I could make the argument that you don't even have a ground you're standing on. After all, it is a privilege, as stated in the terms and agreements. Check my privilege am I rite?

Welcome to the Devil's playground.
>>
>>1460639
die retard
>>
>>1460639
t. Butthurt Paki
>>
>>1460149
As edited from >>1460639
>But now I post constantly for the sole purpose of facing the scourge Head-On.
Though you may think directly taking on an issue is working, the fact is that a chess like mentality of constantly facing off between powers will rarely solve issues.

A proper solution to issues is better modeled by 'Go' where your goal is to force capitulation.
>>
>>1460136
I agree with this.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.