[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When is Hiro going to do something about the horrible over-m

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 15

File: maxresdefault.jpg (41KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
41KB, 1280x720px
When is Hiro going to do something about the horrible over-moderation on 4chan? On /a/, threads are constantly getting deleted, despite not breaking any rules.

http://desuarchive.org/a/thread/159883068/

At no point in /a/'s history has it ever been against the rules to discuss methods of watching/reading anime and manga. Torrent and mangatrader threads were never deleted under moot's watch, but ever since he left, the mods have gotten power crazy and think this site belongs to them. This shit has to stop.

> All images and resulting discussion should pertain to anime or manga.
check

>The use of spoiler tags is highly recommended. To spoilerize text, enclose it like so: [spoiler]spoiled text[/spoiler]. In addition, images may be spoilerized by checking the "[Spoiler Image?]" box on the submission form.
sure

>Purposeful spoiling of a series may result in post deletion and temporary ban.
again, not applicable

>The discussion of "live action" television shows is permitted so long as they are distinctly rooted in, or based off of an anime or manga series.
okay

>Japanese visual novels should be posted in /jp/, and Western on /vg/.
keep that in mind

A thread about nyaa or batoto does not break any of these rules. Why the fuck do mods think they get to create a bunch of unwritten rules and enforce them as they please?
>>
>>1458680
Hiro hates us thats why
>>
File: 4574500.gif (1012KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
4574500.gif
1012KB, 500x281px
>Remember: The use of 4chan is a privilege, not a right. The 4chan moderation team reserves the right to revoke access and remove content for any reason without notice.
>>
>>1458705
The site doesn't belong to the mods; it belongs to the owner.
>>
>>1458716
so? how does that invalidate the fact that the rules page literally says the mods can do whatever they want? that's how it's always been.
>>
File: moots.png (2KB, 468x60px) Image search: [Google]
moots.png
2KB, 468x60px
>>1458718
A bunch of rules were written just so m00t could have something in his pocket to say "Fuck you, that's why" when people demanded to know why they were b&. They were highly subjective by design and almost never enforced, but if you lurked long enough it became clear which rules could be bent and how much.
Sadly, when m00t died, the letter of the rules stayed the same, and now Hir0 has hired a swarm of activist newfag janitors and mods each who want to remake 4chan in their own image and each with an unrestricted veto over which threads or posts are allowed - you can see why this is a bad situation that goes contrary to 4Chan's whole raison d'être.
>>
>Kissmanga went moralfag. They purposely blank out pages that have nipples
Why the heck would they do that? How can a website that makes a profit off of pirated content go ``moralfag''?
>>
File: He can't be bothered to reply.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
He can't be bothered to reply.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>1458680
>When is Hiro going to do something
>>
>>1459246
What a retarded anime
>>
Rules are just for display. Mods do whatever they want.
>>
>>1459234
Except all the janitors are chosen by the mods, all of whom are leftover's from Moot's regime. Nothing changed at all. Hiro left moot's goons in place because Moot probably told Hiro that they would run the site for him.
>>
>>1459672
>Nothing changed at all.
Fuck off. moot kept mods in line; Hiro doesn't. moot made policy; now mods make policy.

Basically, the mods now think they run the site and that they get to decide the rules, when it's the owner who decides the rules.
>>
/qa/ should decide the rules
or better: I, because I am superior to all of you, especially the mods.
>>
>>1459802
How about the mods fuck off and stick to the codified rules moot came up with?

>HURR DURR NIPPLES AREN'T ALLOWED ON /a/
>HURF DURF YOU HAVE TO DISCUSS THIS ANIME ON /u/ NOT /a/
Fuck you, mod.
>>
>>1459840
>HURF DURF YOU HAVE TO DISCUSS THIS ANIME ON /u/ NOT /a/
What? What anime did that happen with? That's complete bullshit.
>>
>>1459842
Valkyrie Drive. The mod eventually had to back down, because /a/ wasn't having it.
>>
>>1459840
imagine literally any other board arguing that they should be able to post topless women on SFW boards
>>
>>1459915
I wonder what the reasoning behind that was. "It's yuri and has some nudity, so it needs to go on the NSFW yuri board!" But then by that logic stuff like ShinMaou and DxD would have to go to /e/
>>
File: free.jpg (350KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
free.jpg
350KB, 1920x1440px
>>1459921
If topless men are allowed, topless women should be too.
>>
>>1459925
free doesn't have nipples
safe
>>
>>1459922
My memory might be failing me but I believe Valkyrie drive was a bit more excessive than ShinMaou or DxD. One could easily understand where a mod or janitor could be coming from if they applied their moral views onto certain screencaps. We have to remember that these people are humans and this site is in no way a professional environment or operation sonwe must acknowledge that their is a grey area for the rules in general.
>>
>>1459929
>a bit more excessive than ShinMaou
I don't think so. Maybe as excessive. It did have some giantess stuff though.

>We have to remember that these people are humans
That's a bit of a stretch.
>>
File: promotions.jpg (18KB, 480x396px) Image search: [Google]
promotions.jpg
18KB, 480x396px
>>1459929
>>1459922
Thing is, nipples on /a/ was one thing moot was rather inflexible on. It was just a combination of hardly any mods around at any time, plus few users who were bothered enough to report it. We merely posted PROMOTIONS macros. So most of those posts just slid off page 10 naturally.
You could certainly discuss NSFW shows without posting any offending screencaps. I don't remember any mod saying it had to go to /y/ or /e/ or whatever, but maybe I just missed it, it wouldn't surprise me if they did.
>>
>>1459672
people grow older, people change, and management stops caring or doesn't have time for the small things.
>>
File: 1479131386623.png (594KB, 1634x517px) Image search: [Google]
1479131386623.png
594KB, 1634x517px
>>1458680
>over-moderation on 4chan
I don't think it's that straight-forward, it's more a matter of individual boards. I frequent /his/ and moderation there basically disappeared after the first two weeks or so. Then there's boards where mods only intervene on occasions when they receive reports. I've been posting in /gsg/ on /vg/ for several years and I've seen shitposts being deleted on the rare occasions when the flood was really overwhelming and other anons must've started reporting it and there's the daily deletion of duplicate threads. And in the end, you might just be posting on a board frequented by a mod with a grudge. /kpg/ is a quite controversial general on /mu/ and in addition to other posters on the board hating it, mods like to toy with it as well. It's almost daily that an old thread will see a few posts deleted so it is below the bump limit and then the new thread will get deleted. There have also been ban waves a few times this year when threads would ground to a halt due to all bans; most of the time, they were dispensed due to alleged off-topic posts. Still, one must not forget that the whole conflict between /mu/ (and its mods) and /kpg/ is to an extent two-fold (see pic) and that some of the bad relationship with the mods there may stem from reports from inside the general.
>>
Since self-moderation is dead, mods should crack down harder.
>>
File: 1500287838949.png (167KB, 811x538px) Image search: [Google]
1500287838949.png
167KB, 811x538px
/a/ is dead
rip
>>
>>1460186
I'm pretty sure loli threads have always been moved to /b/
>>
>>1460186
Somehow /a/ is dead because a daily general got moved to /b/?
>>
>>1460187
>always

Thread moving is something that became a thing with the addition of /trash/ if am not mistaken.
>>
moot used to tell mods to err on the side of caution and not delete things if they weren't sure it was breaking a rule
>>
>>1460578
good bump but no one gives a shit

>>>/a/
>>
>>1460582
Fuck off back to /qa/ faggot.
>>
>>1460597
>>>/a/

stay on your shitty board and I stay on mine
>>
>kissmanga
this was the correct decision, stopped pretending you know anything about /a/ fucking newfags
>>
File: bakemonogatari_trolls_ignor.png (95KB, 1035x785px) Image search: [Google]
bakemonogatari_trolls_ignor.png
95KB, 1035x785px
>>1460098
Self-moderation was alive and well before Hir0's goons made it their mission to micro-manage "board culture"
>>1460605
We're only here because busybody mods made our board so shitty.
>>
File: 1497267604107.jpg (10KB, 349x350px) Image search: [Google]
1497267604107.jpg
10KB, 349x350px
what if moderation was part of the board culture?
>>
>>1460870
>Self-moderation was alive and well before Hir0's goons made it their mission to micro-manage "board culture"
If it was up to /a/'s current userbase, the board would be nothing but "This is a Japanese ____ blocking your path. Say something nice about what she meant by this!" tier threads.
>>
File: cultural_revolution.jpg (89KB, 570x396px) Image search: [Google]
cultural_revolution.jpg
89KB, 570x396px
>>1460907
We have undergone the Board Cultural Revulsion (sic).
It's the moderation which needs moderation.

>>1460913
You got it exactly backwards, fampai. Those are the only threads that are left after the moditors delete all the interesting ones.
Even "examples of ____ in anime/manga" threads get deleted for being off-topic.
>>
Will the boogeymen ever stop trying to rope /qa/ into some new and epic scheme to pit users against one another?
>>
>>1460907
weird, i was just thinking of that video today
>>
>>1460921
>fampai
Go back to twitter.
>>
>>1459255
It's relatable desu
>>
>>1459952
yeah well people actually seperated intrests into their related board back then, if something had nipple it went to ecchi/yuri, now those boards are crap and people to cross-board just to organize interests anymore, they just pick a board and stay there to circlejerk forever.
>>
>>1460189
not a general, there's a difference between a general and being able to post about a popular board topic
>>
File: 1367600641721.jpg (21KB, 291x302px) Image search: [Google]
1367600641721.jpg
21KB, 291x302px
>>1458680
Oh god I can't believe you made a thread whining about a thread that clearly doesn't belong on /a/. Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>1460870
I do this all the time, why no one screen cap my sage?
>>
>>1460952
Oh, anon.
>>
Hiro is not white
>>
>>1460765
>MUH MANGA DOWNLOADING
Go back to 2007, faggot.
>>
>>1462010
oh, I thought it said kissanime, nvrmnd
>>
It's not over moderated its over run with idiots

https://youtu.be/l435Y12jw4o0
>>
>>1460922
>cant handle criticism
>>
>>1460186
that is /b/ tier thread. at least mods are trying to fix /b/ by diverting sfw posters in attempt to fix it
>>
>>1460922
what did he mean by this?
>>
saved
>>
>>1463716
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.