[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't this ever get used? It looks like it could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 4chanpolls.jpg (10KB, 392x228px) Image search: [Google]
4chanpolls.jpg
10KB, 392x228px
Why doesn't this ever get used? It looks like it could have potential.

https://www.4chan.org/polls
>>
they got used for bringing back (you)'s after a few butthurt attentionwhores with pass wanted it back.
>>
>>1446031
what was it?
>>
>>1446040
I'm not sure if it was always meant just for admins polling users or if it once was thought that maybe users could eventually make their own polls like strawpoll,me
>>
>>1446031
Because the mods running 4chan don't care what users want. Instead they think it is their job to decide what is best for the users. If they cared they would hold polls about the /d/ and /asp/ issues, but the truth is they already know where the users stand and don't give a shit.

>>1446037
That result should have been obvious in advance which makes a lot of people suspect it was just done in an attempt to sell passes. Take away a useful feature because of a dumb meme? That's outright retarded.
>>
Because it costs $20 for people to vote on it.
>>
poll?
DRUMPF!
>>
>>1446096
To be fair, if I ran a website and it turned into 4chan I'd have nothing but contempt for the user base too.
>>
>>1446096
>useful feature
(You)s were always a retarded feature designed to make life easier for narcissistic shitheads who couldn't be bothered to read a thread before responding to it, because they only give a shit about themselves and their own very important posts. Your "lot of people" is composed of shit-eating conspiratorial retards with your heads stuck up so far your own asses to see the very obvious fact that Developer-san thought you faggots were full of shit too.

But nah, let's just suck hiro's dick some more as he continues to shit on the website and cater to 4chan's worst users.
>>
>>1446281
>designed to make life easier
I accept your concession.
>>
>>1446281
Also, great attitude, you would fit right in with the current crop of mods.
>>
>>1446295
>I accept your concession.
Maybe we should let people post to 4chan directly from Twitter, remove the post timer, and give users a one-click button they can use to evade bans. Think of how easy life would be!

>>1446296
4chan wouldn't nearly be so full of lowest common denominator shit-eating social media phoneposting retards I ran things.
>>
>>1446302
>give users a one-click button they can use to evade bans.
That already exists, but only for posters who are several times less likely to create content and put effort into their posts.
>>
>>1446305
It's like four buttons on most phones. And since 4chan scrapes the bottom of the barrel, there are actually people out there genuinely too dumb to know about it. A little bit is better than nothing.
>>
>>1446302
>post to 4chan directly from Twitter, remove the post timer, and give users a one-click button they can use to evade bans
You lack the understanding of the difference between server-end controls and trying to control people with client-end stuff. Once you have delivered information to a person, it is not up to you to try to control how they read it. You want to force people to
>read a thread before responding to it
but that is not up to you, and taking away (You)s does not accomplish it. The rest of your argument was just name-calling.

>4chan wouldn't nearly be so full of lowest common denominator shit-eating social media phoneposting retards I ran things.
Yeah, because it would have little to no traffic at all.
>>
>>1446324
>You lack the understanding of the difference between server-end controls
You're making a distinction that is irrelevant. Somebody could write a macro to copy all his Twitter posts into 4chan and vice versa. They could remove the HTTP site entirely and force us to curl to and from the server. 99.99% of people still view 4chan through the client that is presented to us and determines how they view and treat the website.

>but that is not up to you
No shit. It's not up to you either. It was up to the developer, up until hiro decided to cater to a bunch of shit-eating retards and undo his work.

>Yeah, because it would have little to no traffic at all.
4chan existed just fine before it filled with lowest common denominator shit-eating social media phoneposting retards. These people were an unnecessary addition.
>>
>>1446337
>99.99% of people still view 4chan through the client that is presented to us and determines how they view and treat the website.
This is just plain wrong. Lots of people use wholly independent clients like Clover and browser enhancements like 4chan X. And even more would if the site was run according to your "disregard and attempt to control the user" philosophy.

Hell, if you include ad blockers, I would expect users with modified clients to tally in the majority.
>>
>>1446351
>Lots of people use wholly independent clients like Clover and browser enhancements like 4chan X.
These people are the LAST people who should have given a shit about a front-end client change that 4chan X could have scripted back to the original (and IIRC, did) in a day. 99.99% was an exaggeration, but I'd put money on 99%, and kill myself out of 4chan if it were under 90%. The social fabric of 4chan is determined by the average user.
>>
>>1446374
>These people are the LAST people who should have given a shit about a front-end client change that 4chan X could have scripted back to the original (and IIRC, did) in a day.
It wasn't scripted back in, 4chan X had the feature first, and the native extension imitated it to bring its conveniences to more users. I assume that's why the "neutral" vote count was so high. Plenty of people installed 4chan X to get the feature back. Trying to control things you can't only erodes your control.
>>
>>1446390
>Trying to control things you can't only erodes your control.
The average user is trivially controlled. The introduction of native catalog view fundamentally changed the face of 4chan, even though a catalog had always existed - you would have to be an idiot to deny it. Culture is determined by the lowest common denominator, not whatever you consider "4chan elites."
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.