[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

at what point do you completely discard someone's opinions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1473802526292.jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1473802526292.jpg
44KB, 640x480px
at what point do you completely discard someone's opinions on anime? I do it when they say that evangelion, gunbuster, or kare kano were shit
>>
>>1428286
>>>/a/
>>
>>1428286
As soon as they say it!
>>
File: just fuck my life up fam.jpg (116KB, 1280x626px) Image search: [Google]
just fuck my life up fam.jpg
116KB, 1280x626px
>>1428286
if they think trigger is a shit studio
>>
When they say that fanservice is bad.
>>
Why do you even care on anyone's opinion on anime? Back in the day it was possible to have reasonable discussion, but nowadays everyone is trying to be the contrarian of the contrarians, throwing shit at you instead of elaborating a pertaining argument that shows his perspective on an anime. Even when there is a serious discussion about anime beyond "i like this anime therefore it is good" "no you have shit taste bc i dont like it" there's usually no point in doing it unless it has an actual plot, symbolism, hidden things, leaves questions, for example anime like Haibane Renmei and similars. Beyond that, there is no actual anime discussion. How can one discuss moe anime beyond "I think this character is X" "ah ok I think its Y". It's more likely to turn out as a meta discussion (example: "moe is ruining the industry because a b and c" "no because x y and z") etc.
>>
There are many signs anime fans will have a bogus opinion. You can tell for example when someone gets their ideas from anime websites or even places like 4chan, and I'd rarely ever take an opinion from here seriously, let alone some other places.

Here are a few important ones:
-Primarily liking anime made after around 2010/posting it.
-They think Touhou has anything to do with anime.
-Never read a manga in their life other than maybe Shonen Jump.
-They think Inuyasha or Dragonball is old and obscure while complaining about the artwork.
-They talk about Eva constantly but mostly waifufagging and they don't recognize a picture of Anno and think Gainax is a dish soap.
-They think Haruhi was a good series.
-They buy tons of stuff. Telltale sign of a newb.
-They hate Western cartoons and always talk about how their moeshit is more profound.
-They have never seen Azumanga.
-They think sports or racing anime are bad without ever giving them a chance because they think True Otaku hate those things.
-They actually brag about being an Otaku or Hikki.
-They've never seen anime in a real theater but only on their computers.
-They don't know who Tezuka is.
-The insult gaiafag makes no sense to them because they're from the reddit generation.
-They think space operas are corny and not the highest form of art.
-They watch anime for the jokes and have no respect for Japanese culture beyond what the idealized version in anime looks like.
>>
>>1428330
This is a good post, I agree with everything except the points about Haruhi and movie theaters.
>>
>>1428337
Admittedly most of those things are age-related, which might not be fair.

There have been many times I considered petitioning for a /va/ - Vintage Anime board. The content alone could save the anime flavor of this site from it's progressive degradation, and it certainly no longer shares a common userbase with /a/. The only board here I would actually enjoy moderating.
>>
>>1428286
If they're anonymous
>>
If you're talking about sex or masturbation, or if you're trying to push your headcanon or other fanfiction as actual canon, then your opinion is meaningless.
>>
>>1428330
Yeah, I can say everything in this post is pretty accurate. Although, I've never seen an anime in a theater because I simply don't have the motivation to leave my house. I've considered it before though.
>>
>>1428330
[x] post-2010 anime, mass purchasing, never finished azumanga, no respect for japanese culture

someone should make this into a checklist
>>
>>1428286
All these are overrated shit
>>
>>1428330
Accurate
>>
>>1428393
I liked a past suggestion I saw of the board /mr/ - Manga & Anime Retro.
>>
>>1428330
I agree on all of them apart from watching anime in theatres and watching Azumanga.
>>
>>1428330
>-They think Haruhi was a good series.
YOU have a bogus opinion.
>>
>>1429250
Azu is just an example.

>>1429262
Haruhi is just an example.

In many ways the prototype of neo-anime.
>>
>>1429267
>neo-anime
Frig off.
>>
>>1429267
>neo-anime
Fuck off redditor.
>>
>>1429269
>>1429273
This triggers the neo-weeb, in between episodes of Potemayo and One Punch Man, which he watches only ironically.
>>
>>1429292
>neo-weeb
Frig off and I haven't watched those shows.
>>
People who think animation should be held to a radically different quality standards just because it's TV animation.
People who see nothing wrong with ripped off or uninspired character designs (sameface).
People who personally subscribe to waifuism at all, people who unironically believe real life women are evil.
People who are indifferent to tasteless use of 3D in primarily 2D shows
--> also, people who think 3D is inherently bad and that it has no place in 2D animation ever
Socially maladjusted people who act prideful about being inept, introverted, friendless, lustful, or unskilled.
>>
File: anime_is_dead.png (58KB, 1082x483px) Image search: [Google]
anime_is_dead.png
58KB, 1082x483px
>>1428286
If they watch neo anime or neo neo anime
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.