[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

4chan is AIDS. Literally every good board here went to shit.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1498435143758.jpg (639KB, 937x552px) Image search: [Google]
1498435143758.jpg
639KB, 937x552px
4chan is AIDS.

Literally every good board here went to shit. Every single one. Maybe there are still a couple decent boards, which I won't name, but so many once great boards (/lit/, /sci/, /jp/) became total garbage because mods fucked up, either by overmoderating or ignoring the board until it was consumed by blatantly foreign cancer.

This website's model is dogshit. Either there should be more volunteer moderators (not just janitors) and better oversight for them, or there should be the ability for users to splinter off and create separate boards. There used to be plenty of boards with at least a large minority of funny, intelligent posters, now there are almost none.

I genuinely believe people should be able to advertise their shitty altchans here, because 4chan isn't dying anytime soon and it should at least provide a growth model for places capable of keeping out retards.
>>
>I genuinely believe people should be able to advertise their shitty altchans here.
I agree, and moot sort of agreed, but both of our opinions combined right now count for nothing.

I'll happily carve out an exception for any board that is being militantly shilled.
>>
I like the site model, in fact I'd prefer nothing else, it's just a combo of how people choose to use it and as you say, foreign cancer.
>>
>>1424777
/sci/ was never very good, and /lit/ is still good, what are you talking about?
>>
>>1424788
You don't know what you're talking about. Back in the day /sci/ didn't have any of the gorilla threads or college threads. Much less /pol/ content.
>>
>>1424777
>4chan is AIDS.
then fuck off already
>>
>>1424777
Based concernbro
>>
>>1424788
>/sci/ was never very good, and /lit/ is still good
Fuck off. I could forgive you for not being around seven years ago, but thinking /lit/ is good in its current state just proves you're a dumbass.
>>
>>1424777
Boards are only as good as their userbase. What you're saying is that it has declined. That's a very common opinion, I'd even say it's the opinion of the vast majority. Even post-2010 cancer agrees.
>>
>>1424823
>What you're saying is that it has declined
Yes.

There are older posters who are familiar with the board, browse frequently, and respond appropriately to good and bad content. Then, there's an outside influx of people, frequently younger, who are unfamiliar with the board's content and so cannot recognize originality or effort, do not browse frequently, and respond favorably to garbage. If enough newfags invade at one time, they reward each other for posting trash, and if there are enough of them, discriminate posters leave. This is how cultures are replaced and supplanted, often by hollow versions of older cultures with traditions surviving merely as pretext. With trolling this process is often more malicious.

This has reliably knocked out one or two decent boards a year, if they aren't killed for other, more straightforward reasons.
>>
>>1424777
Nothing stays good if people don't fight to save it.
>>
>>1424777
>>
>>1424823
Which is why I think 4chan should have moderators that enforce a certain culture, at least for a while to set things straight.
>>
>>1424777
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.