[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will a thread creation timer work? A thread must wait in a queue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (195KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
195KB, 500x500px
Will a thread creation timer work?
A thread must wait in a queue before it can finally get posted. The total amount of threads created in a given time will be easily controlled.
>>
ur mom
>>
>>1420481
Sounds like too much work for blue palm man.
>>
>>1420481
a queue would just delay the time before a thread gets posted, in a scenario where this is a thing,
it'll just keep getting longer everyday, imagine trying to control the flow of the water coming out of a hose by just closing the cap but the pipe is still running and pouring more in, you're gonna run into trouble down the line.
also, the idea of having everything delayed can lead to the idea of moderation "there's too much, so just let the good stuff through",
which i'm sure is very much against the 4chan model by having every post have to be scanned and checked and only let certain posts through based on some ideal,

bonus: this could have backlash from users who rebel against this new system and have their posts not chosen through the "filter" and create even more problems when they equate this to silencing the truth
>>
>>1420585
I thought of this as a spam prevention attempt on slow boards but hasn't considered this as a form of censoring. Maybe a buffer zone can be displayed publicly but can't be posted in. Would mitigate this effect as this isn't intended to censor anything.
>>
>>1420722
A better approach might be to let users bump threads out of the archives, at least for the first day. You'd need mods to intervene to stop people from keeping threads alive forever with necrobumping, though.
>>
>>1420722
in most cases, a real dedicated user wouldn't make a thread and then stick around until the day to see the replies and discuss things within it himself if it had to go through a buffer first, most lose interest, this also has a bad effect for "happenings" if it will be delayed, imagine a situation where something big happens and you can't make a dedicated thread for it, does everyone flock to threads that are already on the board? thread takeovers? moderation headaches?
and does this buffer have a limit? if it does, what would be the point of using it to reduce spam if you can spam away threads within the buffer?
not to mention having to constantly monitor a buffer by the mods would just be a headache and pointless for them, just a new layer of the same problems
>>
>>1420481
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.