[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the sentence "lurk more" so controversial now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 1497650534895.jpg (80KB, 518x648px) Image search: [Google]
1497650534895.jpg
80KB, 518x648px
Why is the sentence "lurk more" so controversial now? Everytime i point out newfags and tell them that they shouldn't post until they know more about this website i get people claiming i'm an autist and getting angry at it. Have newfags completely invaded the boards now? Is the idea that people should learn about this website before trying to participate now looked down upon?
>>
don't have context for it being controversial now, but the phrase "i see you are failing to already be conforming to me before i even attempted to tell you what to conform to or why you must, so please blindly conform to me from now on" seems like some abusive shit to me, so stop that

maybe next time try articulating what exactly you want people to conform to, and why you think they must? i.e. propose argument suported by proposed logic...
>>
"Lurk more" hasn't been a thing since 2012-2013, at this point, people just like to yell reddit when the reality is that almost everyone on this site uses reddit in some way.
>>
>>1413082
I guess you're the guy OP is talking about, huh. The point of lurking is to not derail threads with questions or other garbage.
>>
>>1413085
>to not derail threads with questions
What thread of yours is so incredibly high quality that a mere question would shatter its rarefied atmosphere?
>>
>>1413083
This is true, people would rather yell reddit, or any alternative to "go back there" instead of telling someone to lurk moar.

It's probably not the exact reason, but I think that the average poster right now is the kind that came here a few years back and would have got offended at being told to lurk more, or spouted things like 4chan isn't your sekrit club and that kind of attitude is now the prevailing one, people are more open to outsiders and obvious newfags because they were outsiders themselves a while ago.
>>
>>1413082
>>1413082
>maybe next time try articulating what exactly you want people to conform to, and why you think they must? i.e. propose argument suported by proposed logic...
You make many assumptions in your post and i think it shows that you are a stupid individual. Nowhere did i say that "lurk more" was the only thing i said, everytime i used this sentence i argued why as to not confuse the person i was telling it to.
In fact, my post specifically indicates that it add more text to my post when i tell someone to lurk more:
>and tell them that they shouldn't post until they know more about this website
And yet here you are acting stupid and confident when you can't even read properly
idiot.
>>
>>1413083
There is a difference between going to r*ddit for specific information and actively participating there.
>>
>>1413082
lmao faggot
>>
>>1413080
don't give up anon
fight the Good Fight
>>
>>1413238
That doesn't change anything.
The fact that rddit is constantly brought up tells a lot about the state of this place. It's much worse than any other bogeyman this site has ever had.
It's created this weird situation where 4chan has become "I'm too edgy for r*ddit" instead of having any kind of identity of its own.
>>
File: 1497995861077.png (75KB, 1229x417px) Image search: [Google]
1497995861077.png
75KB, 1229x417px
chek dis out
>>
>>1413278
Wasn't 2014 the celebrity leak?
>>
>>1413285
They both happened in August 2014. It was a really bad month.
>>
>>1413277
It's because r*ddit is everything 4chan is not? It's really that bad. It's a situation where someone was eating shit from the ground and then sits at the table and starts eating shit there, of course people are going to tell him to fuck off.
>>
>>1413301
This is wrong, 4chan is not the anti-reddit and shouldn't try to be so either.
>>
>>1413331
Are you from r*ddit or what? It is the anti-4chan and not the other way.
>>
>>1413080
Websites aren't allowed to have distinct cultures anymore. Everyone must speak in the same twitteredditchan euphemisms.
>>
>>1413080
You need to go back.
>>
>>1413301
>It's because r*ddit is everything 4chan is not? It's really that bad
I'm confused right now. It's almost as if you're implying 4chan is good or something.
>>
Has anyone actually "lurked more" because the big bad channers told them to do so?
>>
File: 1493907377669.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1493907377669.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>1413080
BLOW IT OUT YOUR ASS
>>
>>1413301
Reddit is everything 4chan is. It's the same userbase.
Look around you, on many boards people constantly link to entire subreddits and nobody even calls them out on it anymore. Your average 2017 Anon is also a redditor.
>>
>>1414448
How do we get them the fuck out then?
>>
>>1414800
you can't. 4chan is shit, though not as shit as reddit, it's still shit in its own unique way.
>>
>>1413985
>>1414119
>>1414122
lurk more
>>
>>1415427
clearly they have, as each posted a, quite frankly, expertly crafted bait designed to piss you off broseph
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.