[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How about we drop all the unfriendly mannerisms and make this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

File: 1442384404067.jpg (57KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1442384404067.jpg
57KB, 256x256px
How about we drop all the unfriendly mannerisms and make this place have a more friendly athmosphere compared to the other random boards?
>>
>>1406582
/jp/ IS friendly. the rudeposters are from /pol/.
>>
>>1406582
becasue this isn't a random board you incessant weeb

>>1406586
You aren't fromn /jp/, faggot, go back to /ota/.
>>
>>1406586
This.
>>
>>1406603
I would be for it but have no idea for a name
>>
>>1406602>>1406604

What the hell
>>
>>1406582
No.
>>
As long as groups with conflicting ideologies are posting there will always be rudeness. Also what this guy said >>1406586
>>
>>1406614
There are 4chan posters and then there are posters from spinoffs. At least /pol/ is from 4chan. /ota/ is just as bad as 8gag.
>>
>>1406817
/ota/ doesn't post here.
>>
>>1406824
They told you?
>>
>>1406827
No. It's easy to tell because the 2D threads on /qa/ are very different from the ones on /ota/.
>>
>>1406606
>>1406602
>>1406604
Would going trip crazy help solve this ongoing mean streak?
I would like to brainstorm ideas because
I'm actually
honestly
sincerely
tired of this place being a hangout for people in a bad mood.

All I do is ignore these people.
I never respond to them.

The happier you behave around a place, the more the ones who are in a bad mood will realize that this is not a place receptive to them.

The more we sincerely, consistently, and discretely distance ourselves from the people who go online to be mean, the better.
>>
>>1406817
/ota/ is a spinoff of a 4chan board, ergo they're inherently from 4chan.
>>
>>1406832
I used to post with a trip I think it would be better for /qa/ if most users started using a trip since most of us are already counter-4chan-culture
>>
>>1406848
For what it's worth, I think there is some real potential for some actual friendships from this place.
>>
>>1406855
lol
>>
>>1406848
The problem with trips is not only the tripfag drama that inevitably results from even a slightly shitty but prolific tripfag, but that it makes people contributing OC a target for doxxing. It's not just a cultural accident that most of 4chan doesn't use trips.
>>
That's what [s4s] was for, but it's kind of wavering these days so yeah let's make /qa/ the nice board.
>>
File: 0 (38).jpg (329KB, 1132x800px) Image search: [Google]
0 (38).jpg
329KB, 1132x800px
>>1406848
I've said before that the argument against using some sort of identification is just variations on 'sacred 4chan culture' and 'if we do X it'll destroy everything valuable about 4chan'.

When you have some sort of identity, it means that others can come to your aid.
Your actions in the past will decide how people react to you today.
The name gives you reputation and with that reputation your past deeds will reflect how others treat you.

Unless you have some way I can recognize you, you're just another anonymous face to be forgotten, but if you're one of the people I recognize in /qa/ I'll regularly try to be nice to you.
To be anonymous is to be alone, any feelings of belonging are just you attaching to a movement.
To have an identity is to connect with others, you bear the risks and responsibilities of existing, but can start to build connections with others.
>>
2D/Random faggots need to leave, /jp/ needs to stay.
>>
>>1407030
Start making generals then.
>>
>>1407022
But I don't want anyone's aid. I don't want you to judge this post based on my posting history rather than its contents. I don't want to build a reputation. I don't want to be given a free pass to post anything I want just because people recognize me as someone who frequently makes insightful posts and they don't want to disturb the status quo. And, likewise, I don't want other posters to behave in this manner.
>>
>>1407012
Not with you obviously. That's ok.
>>
>>1406586
Jay is not friendly. They bully me
>>
>>1407064
Works for me.
>>
>>1407059
W/e.
I just plaintext most of the time since anonymity is more useful, but if you want people to be respectful to one another on /qa/ then you need to have some way for people's actions to have a consequence.
>>
File: 1483026565428.png (485KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1483026565428.png
485KB, 600x600px
>>1407022
kill you are self my man
>>
>>1407022
Reminder to report Hibikid for violating GR13. It will be easier to get him banned now that he's using a trip.
>>
How about we be really mean to everyone all the time, like back before the internet went mainstream in the early 90s? or even more mainstream with normiephones?
>>
>>1407081
>>
>>1407078
Can't you be respectful (to those who deserve your respect, of course) because you value the community, and not out of fear of repercussion? Works for me. And I mean, if there are people who need a deterrent to not act like undomesticated animals, then really, what does that say about them? Is that the kind of poster you'd want to associate with?
>>
>>1406832
I actually admire your resolve, and I'm not being ironic here. I lose my temper with these people way too easily so I can't do that. I just stay away for a weeks and lurk every now and then to check the current state of qa.
>>
When has /jp/ ever been nice?

We *literally* told moot to go fuck himself when he posted there.
>>
>>1406832
Tripping is too stressful everytime i make a post with it i piss myself out of fear of doing stupid things like that one thread where nobody understood me and didnt want to trip anyway
>>
>>1407091
This isn't /jp/ though, that's still its own separate board.
>>
>>1407091
>We
?
>>
>>1407099
T speaks for all of old /jp/.
>>
>>1407097
That's neo-/jp/, idiot.....
>>
/jp/ sucks ass. qa is miles better.
>>
>>1407087
You're looking at this from the perspective of the individual.
Sure, you can do thing you like but I'm looking at 4chan as the giant system

I am first and foremost a meta poster, and a /2dr/ poster second.
I'm looking at 4chan and /qa/ while taking into account that people like you will be drowned out by the mentally ill NEETs, the sociopaths and the 14 year olds being used by both.
>>
tl;dr
You have to account for the lowest common denominator being part of your group at all times.
>>
>>1407107
>>1407110
I agree with you, hence "to those who deserve your respect", a group which the lowlifes you described don't belong to. The point is that I view this as a matter of posts, not posters.
>>
>>1407090
I appreciate the sentiment.
Us in the video.
https://youtu.be/orXCkE7QSwg
>>
>>1407078
>you need to have some way for people's actions to have a consequence.
Trips don't accomplish that, though. People can easily remove their trips whenever they want to be rude, and put them back on for niceposting.
>>
>>1407129
Agreed. I will be anonymous when I want to say something that I know will get people angry.
However, what I would like this idea to promote is more connections between posters.

Part of what I think makes /qa/ such a different and nicer board is that we know everyone's common images in their folders and if I feel like one of them is depressed or having a hard time I want to help them feel better.

/qa/ is about the community and the Japanese spirit of politeness. The original posters of /qa/ feel empathy and companionship with one another.
Original /qa/ is not anonymous, it is only pseudo anonymous.
>>
>>1407143
Fuck you retard. Get banned already.
>>
>>1407145
For example, even though this guy doesn't use any form of identification I know who he is.
It is not anonymous, only pseudo anonymous.
>>
>>1407143
>if I feel like one of them is depressed or having a hard time I want to help them feel better.
But you can do that without a trip.
I agree with some of your points, but I fail to see what more identityfagging (on top of pseudo-anonymity, a natural consequence of the small userbase) is supposed to bring to the table.
>>
>>1407153
lol who knows, just walk and see where you end up
>>
>>1407153
attention whoring is like a drug
>>
>>1407159
So is being mean. Probably one of the most powerful behavior-specific type drugs out there.
And as far as drug use goes, being mean on the internet is not a drug I wish to partake in.
>>
On tripcodes.
It's unfortunate when someone brings up something someone said before in an attempt to demean the person.
I have been places that were nothing but trip drama.
It's horrible. But, it's a reflection on the person and people doing that behavior.
In person, do you talk to those people who do nothing but cut you down in an attempt to control your behavior? We call that an abusive relationship. If someone is being abusive to you online, it isn't the medium or the ID tag to blame, it's the person creating and sending the message at their computer terminal. And in this case trips can amplify the negative aspects of communication, as they can also amplify the positive aspects of connecting with others. It's a matter of self control and feeding that which you want to see more of. Do you feed the wolf that likes to bite? Or do you feed the wolf that hugs you tight? This is your choice, yours to make. And you will get whoever you offer the steak.
>>
File: crazyfrog6840.jpg (24KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
crazyfrog6840.jpg
24KB, 500x461px
rudeposters will get beaten by the strong frog
>>
>>1407061
;_;
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.