[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FLAGS ON /G/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 1496986204311.jpg (65KB, 960x642px) Image search: [Google]
1496986204311.jpg
65KB, 960x642px
When will /g/ get flags?

We need
>Windows (using it will result in a 24 hour ban from /g/ and automatic redirection to /v/)
>Mac (fag flag will do)
>BSD
>TempleOS
>CryptOS
>SweetOS
>MenuetOS
>ReactOS
>one flag for each distribution of GNU/Linux because as a superior user of Parabola I don't want to be associated with noobuntu or less freedom-respecting distros
>>
>>>/feedback/
>>
File: 1457745689553.jpg (9KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1457745689553.jpg
9KB, 250x187px
1999 Toyota Tacoma
>Regular Cab
>2.4L 4-Cylinder
>Manual 5-Speed
>>
>>1401595
>one flag for each distribution of GNU/Linux
I'm pretty sure most Linux user agents only specify ``Linux''. It'd be silly to have a flag for all Linuxes and only one for BSD.

Also you forgot Plan 9.
>>
>>1401595
Kill yourself.
>>
>>1401613
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
>>
File: 1438200295020.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1438200295020.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
>>1401615
>>
flags are cancer
>>
File: MEME WEBB SCREEN.png (518KB, 394x500px) Image search: [Google]
MEME WEBB SCREEN.png
518KB, 394x500px
>>1401599
WEBB WEBB WEBB WEBB WEBB Z SCREEN Z SCREEN Z SCREEN Z SCREEN Z SCREEN WBB WEBB WEBB WEBB
>>
>>1401595
This is a good idea.

>>1402098
Quit memeing and think for yourself. There is an actual _reason_ they say flags are cancer and it only applies to country flags.

It doesn't even have to be auto-detected. Just have a dropdown box where anyone can pick any OS flag they want
>>
AMD and Nvidia flags when?
>>
>>1401596
>last update was in 2015
>>
good idea
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.