[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /pol/iticians. Lets talk about school/mass shootings.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Hello /pol/iticians. Lets talk about school/mass shootings.

The vast, vast majority of all mass shootings take place in the US. This is true even when accounting for terrorist acts, like Nairobi 2013 or Utöya 2011. I havent counted each and every single one, but its easy 90% in the US, usually in schools. Why is this? Liberalfags would say that its because the US has tons of guns per capita, and while it is technically true, many other countries approach the same number of guns per capita, and go without school shootings. Clearly the abundance of legally owned firearms is not the root cause here, and no matter your stance on gun control, you have to admit that theres more to the story.

In this thread, I am hoping we can talk about mass shootings without drawing in gun control into the discussion, because its been said and done thousands of times before.

I propose three root causes that underpin the mass shooting epidemic that the US is now going through.

1) A mental health problem. Clearly much more needs to be done to help identify and treat these lone wolves, the betafags that lash out against society.

2) Media. Whenever a mass shooting occurs, the first thing media does is to plaster the name and face of the shooter everywhere, through every medium, until the murderer is among the most known people in the nation. This, along with the media treating the body count like a competition ("Only XYZ murdered more people!" etc), helps push these loners into killing sprees for want of recognition.

3) Degradation of society. This can in part be linked to the previous two points. I'm sure that those old enough on here can remember a time when there was a hunting rifle, a shotgun and a handgun in basically every house, yet few to none mass shootings occurred. There is a reason Yamamoto said "There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass". Since then society has become much more polarized politically and culturally.

What do you guys think?
>>
File: egged on.jpg (58KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
egged on.jpg
58KB, 500x500px
>>53534341
Why have people stopped reporting about the shooting, fam?
>>
>>53534442
We're on /pol/. I think you're the fresh meat here.
>>
faux outrage. just another issue made political in hopes to gain votes
>>
>>53534548
Theyve exhausted the news potential I guess? More interesting to talk about the way they report on the subject instead of just saying that they stopped after x amount of time.
>>
>>53534341
>Mental health
More like sexual liberation.
>>
>>53534599
You mean the hundreds of school shootings are a non issue? You're okay with the killing sprees then?
>>
>>53534645
What do you mean sexual liberation? Do the killers liberate themselves by commiting murder-suicide? Genius.
>>
>>53534341
>Liberalfags would say that its because the US has tons of guns per capita, and while it is technically true, many other countries approach the same number of guns per capita, and go without school shootings.

you made a good point OP! Also I am very very thankful I graduated and no longer in the american public school system. thank god.
>>
I'd say Godspeed You! Black Emperor have at least two 10/10 albums.
>>
>>53534941
Who gives a shit?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.