[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/polbros should read the actual text of the Nuclear Non-proliferation

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

File: NKnuke.jpg (174KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
NKnuke.jpg
174KB, 640x360px
Before bitching about NK getting nukes and the dangers of nuclear proliferation, have a read:

>http://disarmament.un.org/treaties/t/npt/text

For example:

> Article VI: Each of the Parties to the Treaty undertakes to pursue negotiations in good faith on effective measures relating to cessation of the nuclear arms race at an early date and to nuclear disarmament, and on a treaty on general and complete disarmament under strict and effective international control.

This means that the US is required to try in good faith to negotiate to get rid of nuclear weapons. As far as I know, the negotiations with Russia stalled, and it wasn't because of the Russians.

>inb4 the UK is a piece of shit country because it doesn't try either: true
>>
File: awaken_to_happening.gif (3MB, 642x414px) Image search: [Google]
awaken_to_happening.gif
3MB, 642x414px
>>140302783

>Article X
1. Each Party shall in exercising its national sovereignty have the right to withdraw from the Treaty if it decides that extraordinary events, related to the subject matter of this Treaty, have jeopardized the supreme interests of its country. It shall give notice of such withdrawal to all other Parties to the Treaty and to the United Nations Security Council three months in advance. Such notice shall include a statement of the extraordinary events it regards as having jeopardized its supreme interests.

North Korea had initially joined the NPT, but withdrew at some point. According to the text of the treaty, it is perfectly legal.
>>
File: fuck.jpg (9KB, 278x204px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
9KB, 278x204px
>>140302783

>https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/04/world/asia/north-korea-missile-test.html

According to the NYTimes reporting US gov position, NK is "begging for war." I suppose that's true, under the new definition of begging for war is to not do what you're told by the US.
>>
>>140302783
>>140303379
Negotiations only work if both parties take part. Also giving 3 months notice is a bit stupid if your enemy is threatening to nuke you in 5mins. Treaties can and have been broken, what is to stop a country from nuking another if it feels it is going to be nuked. All treaties would be torn up if it was believed that a buke wad about to be fired, an extraordinary event.
>>
>>140304837
*nuke was
>>
File: really.png (721KB, 728x682px) Image search: [Google]
really.png
721KB, 728x682px
>>140304837

It may be stupid to have withdrawals, but that's the treaty the US signed. Not only is the US throwing accusations around and trying to arm twist everybody into getting rid of their nukes, but it's also flowting the text of the treaty itself by not taking disarmament seriously. No leg to stand on.
>>
>>140302783
that sure is a whole lot of text to get attention from us. you like north korea so much why dont you marry it.
>>
File: DHFpBCDUQAArYdD.jpg (100KB, 702x945px) Image search: [Google]
DHFpBCDUQAArYdD.jpg
100KB, 702x945px
>>140305662

>like NK

lol. seriously though, /pol is a community that prides itself for being counterculture and well read.
>>
File: 1503356739573.jpg (62KB, 447x604px) Image search: [Google]
1503356739573.jpg
62KB, 447x604px
>>140306234
youre conflating the non proliferation treaty with the north korea situation in an info dump. the fuck do you want anyone to say about it?
>>
>>140305328
There is more at play here than a treaty. This is not just about nukes. The US is being challanged by Russia/China/Iran/NK. They are trying to push the US off the Eurasian landmass. They sense that America is weakened and are making a move to undermine or remove the American presence from their sphere of influence. They do not want American bases on their doorstep and this is a direct challenge to America and its allies in the region.This is about calling Americas bluff because they have calculated that America will not act. It is a win/win situation for Russia/China because if America goes to war it is weakened and if it doesn't looks weak.
>>
>>140302783
No.
>>
>>140307156
aside from the political posturing going on there is the simple fact that NK keeps violating allied airspace and talking shit to a country that it is technically still at war with. I think OP fails to realize that NK is eligible to get its shit split regardless of whether it has nukes.
>>
File: pacific_ocean.jpg (370KB, 1417x1139px) Image search: [Google]
pacific_ocean.jpg
370KB, 1417x1139px
>>140307676

I dislike NK as much as the next guy, but maybe the US would serve peace more and be safer itself if it didn't go out of its way to get shit started with everyone.
>>
>>140308940
Dont blame it on us, the UN started it and you helped.
>>
>>140309414

Nope. The UN is not pushing for war. I know that because I know China, which has a permanent seat on the security council, is not pushing for war with NK.
>>
>>140310374
You havent read up on the korean war have you. you should do that.
>>
>>140310990

You mean that the US and China fought a proxy war on the peninsula, and there's no peace yet, just and armistice? I know.

You're still trying really hard to ignore my main point: there's no cause for war, other than that Kim Jong Un is a maniac, and that we don't like NK.
>>
>>140311514
No, this was a United Nations war, spearheaded by the United States and its UN Allies. The war is not over and our Allies are being directly threatened. Youre ignoring every single thing Ive said.
By your own logic if Germany suddenly started testing missiles over England and talking about taking their land back from France and wiping you off the map, even though we are allies we should just stay out of it.
>>
>>140312060

1. All long range missiles fly over some country. Check the map I posted above. Aiming it to fly above Japan and to crash somewhere in the Pacific is sensible.

2. If you go over the timeline of the negotiations with NK, you'll see that the negotations died when the UN objected to NK trying to launch a satelite. Still not sure why that's a problem. Perhaps lack of trust that it wasn't related to an ICBM.

3. It doesn't matter who started the war, it matters that there's no reason to go back to it. If you're looking for an excuse, then by all means, but don't be surprised when it turns out like in Iraq.

4. I've actually taken the time to listen to what the NK were saying, and they never threatened unprovoked aggression. They only threatened retaliation. Check it yourself. Unlike Nazi Germany, NK hasn't invaded anyone as of 2017.

5. Korean war was not a UN war. It started way before the UN was set up. The cause was the fact that the Soviet Union liberated the north of the Korean peninsula.

6. You haven't made any valid points, which is why it looks like I'm ignoring your. I'm just trying to be polite. And don't bother replying if you're not ready to accept that you can't use double standards to justify war. I don't have time for nonsense.
>>
File: 1503662461827.jpg (26KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
1503662461827.jpg
26KB, 292x257px
>>140313092
Go home and be a family man.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.