[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you rather die than live in a new ethics world? Being

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Sheng Ji Yang.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Sheng Ji Yang.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
Would you rather die than live in a new ethics world?

Being reprogrammed raises significant philosophical questions, is the soul being reprogrammed with the brain? Or is it left to observe a body it cannot control? Is the soul permanently lost?

"My gift to industry is the genetically engineered worker, or Genejack. Specially designed for labor, the Genejack's muscles and nerves are ideal for his task. And the cerebral cortex has been atrophied so that he can desire nothing except to perform his duties. Tyranny, you say? How can you tyrannize someone who cannot feel pain?" -Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang, "Essays on Mind and Matter"

Also is it correct? What if our minds are nothing but a creation of the brain? Something that can be programmed, something that as we think has been designed to think that way?

Then is it so wrong to change the programming? If there is no soul, or the soul is the mind, then how can it harm someone to reprogram them? They are the same person but modified to be happy, to obey, and they do not mind this fact.

If there is no resistance left after, then is it wrong for us to do it to ourselves? If we are nothing but a program, then why not make ourselves better?

"Why do you insist that the human genetic code is "sacred" or "taboo"? It is a chemical process and nothing more. For that matter -we- are chemical processes and nothing more. If you deny yourself a useful tool simply because it reminds you uncomfortably of your mortality, you have uselessly and pointlessly crippled yourself."
Chairman Sheng-ji Yang, "Looking God in the Eye"
>>
This was a nice game.
>>
>>140238176
I still play it today.
>>
>>140237882

Changes to the genome are acceptable if consensual and understood beforehand. Modifying people that are either in tge womb or without their consent to your own benefit is legitimately evil regardless of your own justification.

As for myself, i'd rather be dead than some jew's slave. Though if other people volunteer for that in compensation for infusions of endorphins than that's their choice.
>>
>>140238476

the*
then*

provost zakharov master race
>>
>>140237882
I always played as the based Morganites. Probably the hardest faction to play as though, with the population cap and all
>>
Fuck Yang, Zakharov 4 lyf
>>
>>140237882
>Would you rather die than live in a new ethics world?
Yes.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY57ErBkFFE
>>
>>140238476
Playing devil's advocate here, what is wrong with changing the mind?

As proven by how we treat the mentally ill, the human mind can be wrong, what is wrong with programming out sadness and replacing it with happiness? Replacing suicidal and lazy thoughts with thoughts of work and productivity?

If we live in a new ethics world, we suppose that there is no soul, and that the mind is an organic thing that can be changed and modified. As such, what is wrong with modifying the mind?

What do you lose? You are the same person but better, you only desire to not be changed because your current self desires entertainment and free will, but that is something programmed into you no different than this programming would be.

If there is no soul, then is it unethical to do such a thing?

This is what I mean by new ethics by the way, ethics designed for atheist facts instead of judeo-christian facts.
>>
File: Morgan.jpg (6KB, 205x245px) Image search: [Google]
Morgan.jpg
6KB, 205x245px
>>140238680
He was definitely /ourguy/
>>
>>140239045
>atheist facts instead of judeo-christian facts.
Those are the same thing though. I think you meant Christian.
>>
File: zakharov_after_charter_repealed.png (173KB, 254x390px) Image search: [Google]
zakharov_after_charter_repealed.png
173KB, 254x390px
>>140239399
NEGROES
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.